World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

When talking about better pixels and it's oled.... there's no contest :p

responseTime-smooth.gif

When talking about better pixels and it's oled.... there's no contest :p

So true, it' another thing Totaly :D
And about my dilemma - vert hight To Small for me bla bla in infinum!
Well thing is; how I slice it I just cant get over the crazy spec of this beauty, and what a Revolution it truly is - on paper atleast!

And the 38 I was babbling about, I see that its Only have 4 cm extra hight and are by then even smaller vs 32 - 16:9 vert space!

So that Dont impress me at all. So I will just STFU and get this 34, atleast must try it out. Im sure I will be happy in the end. And that exra horizontal space will make up for it. Time for me just to press my face closer to the screen right and enjoy it!

Convince me Nexus, will ya Buddy :D

Well thing is; how I slice it I just cant get over the crazy spec of this beauty, and what a Revolution it truly is - on paper atleast!

And the 38 I was babbling about, I see that its Only have 4 cm extra hight and are by then even smaller vs 32 - 16:9 vert space!

So that Dont impress me at all. So I will just STFU and get this 34, atleast must try it out. Im sure I will be happy in the end. And that exra horizontal space will make up for it. Time for me just to press my face closer to the screen right and enjoy it!

If you're using it for gaming, then trust me, as soon as you get into the game you don't notice the missing height, your peripheral vision works better horizontally than vertically.

For work/productivity purposes, it's a little less clear cut, since more vertical height makes it easier to read long documents etc. without having to scroll, or being able to snap windows to all 4 corners of the screen

Yeah, I'm in the same dilemma here, better pixels vs more of them?

If it helps, I went from the X34 to the AW3821DW.... and I'm gonna be getting the AW3423DW next month month :p I would prefer it if they were releasing a 38 QD-OLED but honestly; it's not even a question - the QD-OLED is well worth the size sacrifice (and I do like the larger footprint of the 38)

Convince me Nexus, will ya Buddy :D

What happened to it is way to small and not immersive and like playing on a mobile etc etc. Here is one of your posts from a couple of days ago:

Well dumb me that dident try this!
So now I will never touch the Alienware. I will go for the C2. Need that space, there simply is no way around it!

Update: Totaly changed my mind - for what it's worth!
Tried some gaming tonight on my PG279Q - same vert space (fov) as this UW, as we know!
I hated the bloody supersmal fov. No way I can live with that, no matter how good it May be!

So I will Definetly go for the C2 42 incher, and be immersed!

You was so sure you posted it in at least 3 places I saw!

:cry::cry::cry:

If it helps, I went from the X34 to the AW3821DW.... and I'm gonna be getting the AW3423DW next month month :p I would prefer it if they were releasing a 38 QD-OLED but honestly; it's not even a question - the QD-OLED is well worth the size sacrifice (and I do like the larger footprint of the 38)

Oh yes, I'm 99% sure I'm going to pick this up...

If there was a 38" version I expect it would be close to £2k anyway!

No idea if AMD GPUs can make use of Gsync the same way nVidia cards can use FreeSync, I guess we need an AMD person to confirm it works :p

I will almost certainly get the Alienware version though just because why not, unless the Samsung model releases around the same time of course. A mate has got me a student discount code for 15% off with Dell so I shall be using that :D

I can confirm that a 6800 will work correctly with the GSync Ultimate module in the AW3821DW (with a minor tweak - see my thread here). Whether this will be the same for this monitor I can't say 100%, but seems likely it should do.

What happened to it is way to small and not immersive and like playing on a mobile etc etc. Here is one of your posts from a couple of days ago:

You was so sure you posted it in at least 3 places I saw!

:cry::cry::cry:

Well if you Can Read - my post Explained it all, dident it!

It's just to good to ignore buddy :D

If you're using it for gaming, then trust me, as soon as you get into the game you don't notice the missing height, your peripheral vision works better horizontally than vertically.

For work/productivity purposes, it's a little less clear cut, since more vertical height makes it easier to read long documents etc. without having to scroll, or being able to snap windows to all 4 corners of the screen

Thanks for the great words. And yeah it will be for gaming mostly. Can allways keep my PG27 if I would like for work. And I have a laptop annyway - that I do my writing on!

I belive you about the immersion and Nexus says the same!

Thats good to hear. This surely is way way to fantastic to skip. It occupy my thoughts every day ..LOL!

Must have it. Simple as that :)

Annone knows if I can do a UW res on my CX55, and get the same ratio/ size that the 34UW have?

Would be nice, just for fun to try it out. To get a feel of the dimension :)

Well if you Can Read - my post Explained it all, dident it!

It's just to good to ignore buddy :D
Didn’t really say much in the post other than you changed your mind as you don’t want to miss out :p:D

I agree, on paper it looks really good and even though like you I have my reservations I am willing to give it a go and hope it lives up to what I am hoping. For me it will be great as I will finally be able to go back to a 1440p which is a lot less demanding than 4K which I have been on for 7+ years now. Can just get a RTX 4070 and it will be plenty power for my needs :D

Back
Top Bottom