World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Anyone else stopped playing most of their games waiting for this? I've just started replaying metro exodus with the enhanced edition, and every time I fancy playing it, i find myself thinking "yes, but OLED..." :p

Have to say i'm glad they moved the LED ring to the back of the monitor rather than the stand, its a minor thing, but still!

No mention of DSC in the manual, is DP1.4 enough to run 3440x1440 @ 175hz with 10 bit colour? That was one of the major omissions of the AW3821dw, you have to choose either 10bit 120hz or 8 bit 144hz :/

Last edited:
Anyone else stopped playing most of their games waiting for this? I've just started replaying metro exodus with the enhanced edition, and every time I fancy playing it, i find myself thinking "yes, but OLED..." :p

I wouldn't say I've stopped, but I'm coming up with a list of games I want to start if I can get my hands on one. My current monitor's almost 10 years old so I'll enjoy finally getting to mess around with stuff like HDR. Another playthrough of Metro was one I'd already picked out.

Yup! Stopped playing dying light 2 and holding of on another play through of cp2077

Checked the manual - another Alienware gaming monitor with no on-screen crosshair.
A minor annoyance, but some games are not kind to old gamer eyesight with single-pixel crosshairs.

It has RGB lights tho, so yay it's a "gaming monitor" :)

Thanks for the headsup buddy!
Damn I actually are there reading the manual right now. Never belived I would do such a thing. Talk about obsessive behavior shall we ..LOL!
Cant get the monitor out of my head and must read Everything I can Find ..Never in my life been so stooked for new HW i belive :D
No worries. :D I like that the joystick is underneath the monitor rather than on the back like the 38". Now to wait for the reviews.

Checked the manual - another Alienware gaming monitor with no on-screen crosshair.
A minor annoyance, but some games are not kind to old gamer eyesight with single-pixel crosshairs.

It has RGB lights tho, so yay it's a "gaming monitor" :)

Stop cheating!

I jest ofc, is there not a software solution you can use? I guess it potentially gets picked up by anticheat software :/

Stop cheating!

I jest ofc, is there not a software solution you can use? I guess it potentially gets picked up by anticheat software :/

If I had the eyesight of someone not subjected to 20 years of CRT monitors it wouldn't be required :)

Windowed mode options exist but gsync is still a stuttering mess outside of fullscreen.

Havent played any of the big AAA games in a long time honestly. So I have Metro / Cyberpunk / Dying Light 2 etc - to have the best time of my life on this beauty. Cant wait to play Alan Wake Remaster to. Havent touch that one yet either. Then theres Crysis 2 and 3 remakes waiting .. So many games to enjoy wohoo :D

And not to miss all awesome horror games. Dark games will shine on this Perfection for a monitor. Come on I want it now damnit!

Not bought a dell monitor for about 10 years now. What is their policy regarding dead/stuck pixels?
https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-uk/000126004/dell-display-pixel-guidelines

What is Premium Panel Guarantee?
Dell offers a Premium Panel Guarantee that ensures zero "bright pixel" defects on Dell UltraSharp, Professional, and Alienware monitors.

Defective pixels do not necessarily impair the performance of the monitor. However, they can be distracting, especially if the pixels are in positions where viewing quality is reduced.

It suggests 6 or more for dead pixels but in reality you can easily return it. Their CS is very good.

Havent played any of the big AAA games in a long time honestly. So I have Metro / Cyberpunk / Dying Light 2 etc - to have the best time of my life on this beauty. Cant wait to play Alan Wake Remaster to. Havent touch that one yet either. Then theres Crysis 2 and 3 remakes waiting .. So many games to enjoy wohoo :D

And not to miss all awesome horror games. Dark games will shine on this Perfection for a monitor. Come on I want it now damnit!
I've a lot of games from the last few years to try as well, so I'm currently reading up on which have best UW support in anticipation. :o

+1 re horror games too. Even games with a lot of dungeon exploration like Skyrim will look so much better without the navy grey "darkness" of previous monitors. In other words, can't ******* wait!

Cp 2077
Dying light 2
Batman arkham knight (although might wait for the ray tracing remastered version eventually due...)
Metro exodus enhanced
RDR 2

Those are going to be the main ones I'll be retesting.

GTFO could be fun as well :D

Also got Deep Rock Galactic which has lots of dark caves, and Subnautica & Below Zero

Might have another play through of Ori and the Will of the Wisps, as the vibrant colours in that are amazing even without OLED

I've a lot of games from the last few years to try as well, so I'm currently reading up on which have best UW support in anticipation. :o

+1 re horror games too. Even games with a lot of dungeon exploration like Skyrim will look so much better without the navy grey "darkness" of previous monitors. In other words, can't ******* wait!

Oh yeah we surely have so much looking forward to. Damn exciting times :)

Cp 2077
Dying light 2
Batman arkham knight (although might wait for the ray tracing remastered version eventually due...)
Metro exodus enhanced
RDR 2

Those are going to be the main ones I'll be retesting.

Wow so a RT version of Batman, is on the way - missed that. Cant wait for it. Will be insane on this beauty :)

Back
Top Bottom