World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

That box is ticked, if you are using the default slider values on that screen then I guess it makes no difference as there's no changes being made by the display driver - I have it ticked to double down on that. It's only for SRGB stuff too which is fine by me as I want the purest colour output in SDR mode and using SRGB space in Creator mode too so that aligns with what I'd expect to see.

Blonde moment last night, got the popup about pixel refresh, screen turns off I wait 10 minutes and doesn't turn back on so I figure I'd leave it for the night.

This morning I get the pop up again and this time I opt to hide the message next time, does its thing but after 10 mins the screen doesn't turn on, so I'm pushing down on the menu button to try and turn the screen on, took me a good 15 minutes to realize there is a dedicated power button on the right side of the monitor.

• Haha
Reactions: mrk
Whilst this monitor (in fact no monitor...) supports Dolby Vision+HDR combo, turns out you can easily watch DV content. Just install the Dolby Vision Extension which is free via the Microsoft Store and then play the content either using the MS Film & TV app (also store), or MPC-BE using the MPC Video Renderer plugin. I posted my MPCVR plugin settings previously but can repost if needed.

The extension adds the Dolby licensing which seems to remove the pink tint you would otherwise get when playing back DV HDR content.

Enjoy!

Doesn't seem to work for me, still get the purple/green colours. The same file works fine on my TV though.

It's possible, all o know is that the Dolby extension install removed the pink for me and I already had the hevc installed from months ago!

Anyone tempted to sell their monitor and get a pokey 27-in for more money?
I feel I may already know the answer to this question.

Last edited:
I know probably any one rated to x weight will do but does anyone have any recommendations for monitor arms they actually have in use. Otherwise I'll end up hyperfocusing and research them until 3am.

I'm really intrigued to see 240hz on oled. It will scale better than lcd, so maybe more noticeable (I'm still chasing that crt motion :D)

Ergotron MX is what I use, but the Dell's own one looks cool and has some unique features too. There are cheaper ones but you will get wobble with most of them, even typing at your desk with a cheap arm + big monitor the micro vibrations resonate sometimes causing the screen to wobble slightly which might be annoying!

Ergotron MX is what I use, but the Dell's own one looks cool and has some unique features too. There are cheaper ones but you will get wobble with most of them, even typing at your desk with a cheap arm + big monitor the micro vibrations resonate sometimes causing the screen to wobble slightly which might be annoying!

That would drive me crazy, I'd tune into it. Looking at some of them, I am not sure I'd gain much depth but hard to gauge. If my reward points get added soon I'll see how much of a discount, I can get off Dell one. Not like I'll use them otherwise.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: mrk
Interested in seeing actual specs of that, looks to be excellent though and this is a good sign with all these new OLED high refresh panels coming out!

That would drive me crazy, I'd tune into it. Looking at some of them, I am not sure I'd gain much depth but hard to gauge. If my reward points get added soon I'll see how much of a discount, I can get off Dell one. Not like I'll use them otherwise.
I have the Ergotron LX, and the Ergotron LX Dual for a 3 monitor setup with a couple of extension bars to be able to put the side screens in with the ultrawide in the middle. Typing doesn't really rattle them. I also have a sit/stand desk and when at stand height I do get a little wobble, but that is the desk not the arms. Sit height is very stable.

Anyone tempted to sell their monitor and get a pokey 27-in for more money?
I feel I may already know the answer to this question.

I would never go back to SN (super narrow!).

In passing, I have sold monitors in the past, but these days I keep them. They usually turn out to be useful and second hand monitors never seem to go for much money.

I would never go back to SN (super narrow!).

In passing, I have sold monitors in the past, but these days I keep them. They usually turn out to be useful and second hand monitors never seem to go for much money.
Yup, pulling my old 1920x1200 monitor out of the attic for wife to WFH during 1st lockdown was very useful, and now she has my oldest 1440p

I've got two of these, however one has sat in a box for months since I'm waiting to renovate and my house is currently too small.

I decided to order one of these to make use of over and under in the meanwhile till I get enough space.

Good idea?

Spoke too soon! Just got the Panel refresh popup, so 2 months and a bit on. Looks like the counter is still counting when in sleep/standby.

Will do the refresh this evening as need the screen for WFH!

I've got two of these, however one has sat in a box for months since I'm waiting to renovate and my house is currently too small.

I decided to order one of these to make use of over and under in the meanwhile till I get enough space.

Good idea?

Could work but keep in mind because of the curve, when you angle the top one down a bit you wil end up with a gap in the middle, also reaching the joyrstick on the top screen will be diffisult if there isn't a gap, or the gap isn't big enough based on how much angling you apply.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom