World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Spoke too soon! Just got the Panel refresh popup, so 2 months and a bit on. Looks like the counter is still counting when in sleep/standby.

Will do the refresh this evening as need the screen for WFH!

Could work but keep in mind because of the curve, when you angle the top one down a bit you wil end up with a gap in the middle, also reaching the joyrstick on the top screen will be diffisult if there isn't a gap, or the gap isn't big enough based on how much angling you apply.

Got my second, maybe 3rd (can't remember!) pop up last week and ran it last night.

Monitor still looks as good as new, no signs of any image retention/burn in.

Link? i just looked and it's £1600 on Amazon?

Sorry but they have moved back to "out of stock" again. Either they put them on too early, wrong price, or they have sold out. My guess is they filled out some info on it and accidentally put it up for sale?

They have accepted the order though, so they are obviously serious. I would keep an eye on that page.

I think it is OK to list the link here because Overclockers don't sell them.

The jungle usually don't undercut Dell. I can assume at the moment the price of the F is fluctuating with the exchange rate?

Last edited:
Got my second, maybe 3rd (can't remember!) pop up last week and ran it last night.

I got my first after a few hours. Then got my second the following evening, which i ignored and it keeps popping up every night. Only had the monitor for 4 days and use it about 4-5 hours a night. Should it be doing that so frequently?

I got my first after a few hours. Then got my second the following evening, which i ignored and it keeps popping up every night. Only had the monitor for 4 days and use it about 4-5 hours a night. Should it be doing that so frequently?

I'm talking about the panel refresh which runs every 1500 hours iirc.

Pixel refresh you're talking about runs every 4 hours.

Time is counted even when the monitor is in standby mode too so will seem that it happens more often.

Yup,most nights I go to sleep and press the power button and let it to a pixel refresh. When I wake up and log into work soon as the screen is on there's a popup asking for a pixel refresh :p

Last edited:
Funny how Dell 'sold out' of the GSYNC variant just in time.
Wonder how Amazon can sell it less than Dells RRP.

I'll try the new one, sending mine back because the GSYNC fan is going to drive me mad.

Sorry but they have moved back to "out of stock" again. Either they put them on too early, wrong price, or they have sold out. My guess is they filled out some info on it and accidentally put it up for sale?

They have accepted the order though, so they are obviously serious. I would keep an eye on that page.

I think it is OK to list the link here because Overclockers don't sell them.

The jungle usually don't undercut Dell. I can assume at the moment the price of the F is fluctuating with the exchange rate?

Yeah , Im going to order the freesync version a bit cheaper and one less fan and at home firmware upgrades. :)

Coil whine, never thought I'd be reading about that outside of PSUs and GPUs
Ikr! There was a post somewhere in those threads where it was reported it was varying in pitch depending on the content being displayed. Super odd; I had a previous monitor that had an external power brick which produced coil whine leading me to believe it could be related to the internal PSU.

Reactions: mrk

Only had one, but I started turning it off at the plug not long after so counter can't run even if it wanted. Nice saving too in my office 15kwh when everything was off.

I do sometimes forgot to turn the plug off though as the monitor button goes green meaning it is doing a pixel refresh so I let it, then forget to come back to turn off the plug :cry:

The monitor is so good, just played some COD MW2 and being able to see so far out with crystal clear quality felt like cheating, much to enemies disjoint "how did he see me there?"

I just leave my monitor to go to sleep when the computer shuts down.
I'm guessing it does it's refreshes etc during that time.

Can't remember the last time I switched a monitor off :confused:

I just leave my monitor to go to sleep when the computer shuts down.
I'm guessing it does it's refreshes etc during that time.

Can't remember the last time I switched a monitor off :confused:

If you see the LED go green, that’s when it’s doing it. 7mins I believe is how long it takes roughly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom