World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Philips have there own version of this panel available soon, looks quite nice and its another option.

Video is not in english but you get the idea.

Last edited:
Philips have there own version of this panel available soon, looks quite nice and its another option.

Video is not in english but you get the idea.

It does indeed look like another great option to be able to choose from. :)

It probably more competes as an inbetween option looking at its details, probably more with the Samsung than the Dell however, as it has speakers also and also uses a white casing scheme.

The only question though on whether it's a real competitor or just another rarity or oddity popping up every so often, would be the price of the thing. The Samsung is great being fanless and all. But it's almost £350-400 more expensive than the Dell, which is not a cost many can justify ovee (although it's the only one of the three with HDMI 2.1). If this is priced closer to £1k, this would likely get a greater look in, as the difference between it and the Dell would be much lower.

"The Philips Evnia 34M2C8600 is available starting now, priced at £1,149"
Ah, that price does make it a bit more of a hard sell, as it's being lined up right against the Samsung that has identical and slightly more features (HDMI 2.1 being one of them).

Had it been £75 to £100 less (before any discount options) that would likely be a very strong in between competitor. Right now, it looks like it's fighting the wrong fight. And might have trouble selling given the close price tot he Samsung.

The DWF is the clear winner as it stands. The MSI is meant to come out at $800 but who knows if this will actually happen.
Whilst that price would be nice, it's clear from the features that have been included onto these monitors (panels, SOC media controllers, IO ports, etc) that if you strip off the RGB backlighting and unnecessary add ons in software, it should come out around 800-950 odd, before unique features (passive cooling vs fan etc price additions). Hence the price of these monitors hovering at least around that price range.

So selling it at $800 is either a loss making scheme, or it's gutting features the other monitors have (and what every monitor should have); only HDMI port, or something like that. So that price actually seems a bit concerning (to me at least), even whilst lower prices is good to have overall.

Huh... Apparently my order has shipped early. I'm looking into it now on expected arrival. Can't wait. :)

Oh before I forget, I too was given first week of March as arrival time. *shrugs*

:: edit ::

Looks like it's arriving tomorrow! :eek:

Last edited:
Hmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but are not the HDR issues something that occurs with NVidia cards only? AMD cards aren't experiencing the same issue? Or am I misremembering something else related to that?

It's nothing to do with either amd or nvidia ,it's the firmware inside the f version,they cant get the hdr sorted out so far, looks like it's difficult to resolve for them.i personally don't hold out much hope for them to sort it. Hdr is fine on gsync version with nvidia cards as has the gsync module. :)

Last edited:
Looking around, supposedly Dell has a firmware slated for around mid Feb, fingers crossed my good fortune continues and the firmware comes along with the monitor or is available soon after and actually fixes the issues. :)

Again, got a good feeling about life at the moment, like - The Force is with me, or something to that effect. So hoping the monitor is flawless. :)

Now of course, I've just remembered I need to grab my GPU now the monitor is basically "here" now too. So off to the GPU section again... :D

I just ordered one also using the code posted here (thanks!). I'll be upgrading from a 17" Dell E17FP I've been using since 2014. I had the U3011 before that but sold it because it was too slow and with too much input lag. No other monitor excited me so I'm looking forward to the AW.

I got 6th March for delivery but it does say "before" so hoping before weekend.

I am concerned about the flickering and HDR1000 not working but I also read the DW model has twice the input lag so made me choose the DWF even though I could have got the DW for £700 used but mint. I'm hoping they release a fix as they have confirmed they're aware of the issue.

I will be running it off a 2013? HP Pavillion G6 laptop lol I don't know if it will even work might have to buy a cheap PC for now. (Still looking forward to playing some ooold PC games in OLED UW)

Last edited:
I will be running it off a 2013? HP Pavillion G6 laptop lol I don't know if it will even work might have to buy a cheap PC for now. (Still looking forward to playing some ooold PC games in OLED UW)

Depends on the display adapter in the laptop

Older graphics cards (inc those built into CPUs) were often limited by their Ramdacs which meant 2560x1440 @ 75Hz was about the best they could do. They could do higher Hz at 1080p but couldn't even run 3440x1440

IIRC Nvidia cards used standard 400Mhz Ramdacs up until around 2013 (can't remember which generation they stopped). So none of their older cards could run UW when UW first started coming out

Last edited:
It's nothing to do with either amd or nvidia ,it's the firmware inside the f version,they cant get the hdr sorted out so far, looks like it's difficult to resolve for them.i personally don't hold out much hope for them to sort it. Hdr is fine on gsync version with nvidia cards as has the gsync module. :)
Dell Support:
A permanent solution with a new firmware update is currently under development with an ETA around middle February 2023.

Just have to wait see :)

Last edited:
Annnnd.... It's here. :)

Still setting stuff up for it, but just did a quick check, no stuck pixels, no bright pixels, cursory quick glance looks uniform.... But still old firmware for now, so just need to wait for that new firmware to see this in HDR proper. :)

And of course, many of you were right, this fan is barely audible whilst you're in front of it (it's blocked by the panel itself). Need to get your ear up to the vent to hear it.

Oh, in case anyone was going by auto-pilot whilst setting this monitor up, the supplied Displayport cable does NOT have a release mechanism on it. But it also does NOT have the hooks you usually see on Displayport cables, so removal is akin to HDMI cable removal. Do not get alarmed like I did when I thought I had a monitor and computer stuck together forever... :cry:

But back to the firmware, given everything is going so well for me, I'm hoping fortune continues to smile on me, and Dell gets that (functional) firmware out soon. Then we can all enjoy it and bask in HDR goodness! :D

Back
Top Bottom