World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

well, turned it on.. and screen keeps going black and theres flickering across the panel. nice. insane experience

I load up a game and every 2 minutes it goes dark and the game resumes in bordered mode

also flickering across desktop, I can't explain it. this is for sure not a brand new monitor
Having received it , after opening the box did you inspect it to see if it has any marks or scratches on the monitor, and was there??

Maybe it wasn't refurbished if it is pristine inside and you need to sort out something in your display settings?

??

If there are marks /stratches on the monitor then that is very offputting to want to buy any Dell products.

Last edited:
DW or DWF? I'm presuming DW.

Yes but the noisier fan is the one they both have. The GSYNC one when it joins in is annoying too, I'm sure they are getting louder as time goes on. It is at the point now where I no longer work from home because of it, would rather drive 10 minutes to the office. I use dark mode with everything to help when browsing, it's white pages that make it start.

Last edited:
Never thought I'd be in a position where my monitor is the loudest thing on my PC setup (when GPU not stressed)

Weird, both of mine are dead silent - can't even hear the fan with my ear pressed right up against the vents. They might be using different fan suppliers and one supplier is better than the other, or maybe the noisy ones are just defects

Last edited:
Weird, both of mine are dead silent - can't even hear the fan with my ear pressed right up against the vents

It is what it is. If I find another screen that fits on the stand above it then I can simply just use it for gaming in which case it won't bother me as I'll have sound on. I wouldn't get a screen with fans ever again though if possible. Actually tempted to take a massive hit on this and sell it to get the samsung. Or I could pay a grand for a pokey 27" LG one lol.

Last edited:
It is what it is. If I find another screen that fits on the stand above it then I can simply just use it for gaming in which case it won't bother me as I'll have sound on. I wouldn't get a screen with fans ever again though if possible. Actually tempted to take a massive hit on this and sell it to get the samsung. Or I could pay a grand for a pokey 27" LG one lol.

Does the LG even cover burn-in? Haven't seen this confirmed yet.

I suspect they don't, without having checked their terms and conditions, simply because I know that on that 27 inch LG OLED monitor some of the anti burn in features are disabled by default and I couldn't see them disabling safety features if they warranted the panel against burn in

Does the LG even cover burn-in? Haven't seen this confirmed yet.

Not sure but I am not worried about burn-in personally. I was however not being serious about paying a grand for a 27" monitor lol.

The 45" LG is interesting but as it's same vertical height* I don't think I'd like it that much.

Forgot it was same res so would be horrid on a screen that big.

Last edited:
Not sure but I am not worried about burn-in personally. I was however not being serious about paying a grand for a 27" monitor lol.

27 is way too small for me after using a few 34-inch ultrawides over the years. The price stings especially compared to the DWF but I guess they are trying to justify it with the higher refresh rate.

27 is way too small for me after using a few 34-inch ultrawides over the years. The price stings especially compared to the DWF but I guess they are trying to justify it with the higher refresh rate.

Yeah agree but I see the appeal for those who don't like UW. Just seems so much when you look at the other options.

Lol look how small it looks compared. Will have a watch shortly.
That's actually a very helpful picture. It actually helps with demonstrating (to me) what I should expect when I grab one of these things (as I ditched my 27" Asus PB278Q which is roughly the same size). And I think I'm going to need a bigger boat... Or desk at least... :p

Last edited:
We need someone who has one noisy and one quiet one and then open them up to see what the differences are

I have the DW and it's silent but have seen people complain about the noise. strange one.
From what I've read, there's some QC issues cropping up every so often and that's why some have worse (louder) fans in action (a lot more, or on all the time). Apparently the F also suffered a bit of this too. So if you end up being unlucky, you end up with one of those that is obviously louder than it should be.

My second replacement arrived, all good besides some marks on the screen which hopefully can be cleaned off.

It's silent too, night and day difference to the original which would spin the fan on and off all the time.

PC monitors continue to be a compromise. I am more grateful I had no dead/stuck pixels so I just about put up with it :)
It should be no different from any consumer electronics and if the quality is sub par in any way then a consumer has every right to reject it. In no way should should the purchase of a monitor be treated in any different way...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom