World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Mine had that when I first got it. I ran a panel refresh which took about 45 minutes and I have not had it since.

Might be worth a shot.
Any issues running the panel refresh this early? Any risk of the panel refresh ruining anything else? I just noticed I have a dead pixel in the middle of the screen, should I exchange? I wonder if a panel refresh will get rid of that dead pixel too.

I love my F model more than ever, after 2 months. And finally upgraded the old girl (1080ti) to a used evga 3090 ftw3. So now I can play something other than ffxiv. Cant wait. But, and I'm sorry if this has come up before. I did do a search but couldn't see anything definitive. Am I able to get 10 bit colour depth at 165hz on the F model? Or am I stuck at 100hz. My friend who has the Samsung monitor which uses the same panel proudly showed me his at 175hz and 10 bit colour depth. I'm using display port cable. Hmmm.

I just tried turning on 165hz 10bit here on the F, and have no problems. But I'm using an AMD RX580. I think I remember reading that the NVidia needed to do something like Custom Resolution or something like that. You'll need to dig deeper on that to know exactly whats needed to be done to get 165hz 10bit, as I don't have an NVidia card so can't test myself for you.

Last edited:
I just tried turning on 165hz 10bit here on the F, and have no problems. But I'm using an AMD RX580. I think I remember reading that the NVidia needed to do something like Custom Resolution or something like that. You'll need to dig deeper on that to know exactly whats needed to be done to get 165hz 10bit, as I don't have an NVidia card so can't test myself for you.
Oh cool, thank you. So it looks like it will be possible then.

Any issues running the panel refresh this early? Any risk of the panel refresh ruining anything else? I just noticed I have a dead pixel in the middle of the screen, should I exchange? I wonder if a panel refresh will get rid of that dead pixel too.
Not that I have encountered.

Interesting issue cropped up for these monitors and AMD Freesync users.

If you use Freesync and connect via Displayport, and go above 120hz, so say 144hz or 165hz, apparently there's an issue with the implentation by the monitor manufacturers, and your system will be much more prone to random crashing. Apparently this impacts AMD users only using Displayport (not HDMI apparently from my quick cursory search, and Nvidia patched this issue out already), and only when using the F style variants that employ Freesync. So that should be all the current QD OLED monitors in this thread bar the original DW, which uses Nvidia's Gsync instead.

Current workarounds include setting up a custom resolution and using that, even if it is 144hz, or 165hz to obtain those refresh rates. Or using a lower refresh rate if you're not in need of the higher refresh rates. Or to turn off Freesync entirely. This impacts all AMD GPU's apparently, and awaiting drivers on a fix. I am unsure if the latest ones by AMD have fixed this, as unfortunately I need to (currently, as I'm still on the RX580) use the May 2022 drivers as they're the only ones that work with some of the stuff I do at the moment.

Good then that I can run my Samsung QD-OLED at 175hz with freesync using the display port, my AMD 6800 and not have a single issue...

Last edited:
I got the G8, there's some weird stuff happening but it's not enough for me to send it back, as many other people have so is probably I will just go though the hassle for nothing.. Even because, with Samsung they will pick up the screen, then you gotta wait 7-10 days then they will send you a replacement, that is what the customer service informed me..

*When with amd card and playing tarkov the screen flashed in white, but just in the menu, and when hdr is enabled. same happens when on windows, with the extra of a very fast white bar on the bottom of the screen.. sometimes it happens, some other times it does not.. installed the 4080, issue is gone..
*Can't use hdmi, as many others the screen would flash in black, as in being disconnected and reconnected, but faster
*175hz is just when gaming mode is ON, apart from that you are limited to 120hz - jsut a little FIY is someone is considering buying it
*The ambilight thing just does not work, I'm not sure if is intended for gaming immersion, but if it is, it's more "submersion"....
*The menu is awful, as a screen "for gamers" (I might be wrong lol), the gaming settings are never the most handy ones
*I got a bug which happens to both cards. Once I turn the pc off for the day, I need also to turn the screen off, otherwise next time I turn the pc on, it won't boot, the motherboard would indicate there's a issue with the gpu.. then I turn the monitor off, then on, then the pc boots..

It's beautiful, the image is great. Windows hdr works well, as least in tarkov, but there's no effect on warzone 2 for example (maybe because there's a ingame option). I'm frightened of burn-in, even if most of the precautions are taken. Although not listed as gsync enabled, it does work well, I can't feel any difference in fluidity when playing the same game with different cards, 7900 xtx and 4080.

I'm happy, but I just believe for the price I paid I should be getting zero of the issues above.

Interesting issue cropped up for these monitors and AMD Freesync users.

If you use Freesync and connect via Displayport, and go above 120hz, so say 144hz or 165hz, apparently there's an issue with the implentation by the monitor manufacturers, and your system will be much more prone to random crashing. Apparently this impacts AMD users only using Displayport (not HDMI apparently from my quick cursory search, and Nvidia patched this issue out already), and only when using the F style variants that employ Freesync. So that should be all the current QD OLED monitors in this thread bar the original DW, which uses Nvidia's Gsync instead.

Current workarounds include setting up a custom resolution and using that, even if it is 144hz, or 165hz to obtain those refresh rates. Or using a lower refresh rate if you're not in need of the higher refresh rates. Or to turn off Freesync entirely. This impacts all AMD GPU's apparently, and awaiting drivers on a fix. I am unsure if the latest ones by AMD have fixed this, as unfortunately I need to (currently, as I'm still on the RX580) use the May 2022 drivers as they're the only ones that work with some of the stuff I do at the moment.

Interesting I got rid of my first AMD card in over ten years because of random crashing, black screens etc. This may have contributed to the overall terrible experience, not had any with NVIDIA.

Interesting as I've used nothing but AMD cards with various monitors for years and they've always been OK, that's why I've stuck with them. There can be a number of reasons why you experienced issues and none of them down to the manufacture's card..

Last edited:
Interesting as I've used nothing but AMD cards with various monitors for years and they've always been OK, that's why I've stuck with them. There can be a number of reasons why you experienced issues and none of them down to the manufacture's card..

I'd agree if ALL the issues didn't go away as soon as I got rid of it, plus there are multiple reports of the same issues in the AMD driver thread. Never again. Glad yours work though.

Ultimately, I wasn't really that happy with the performance either so I was always going to go high end and nvidia in the end. I suppose if the card worked properly it would be ok for the price.

Last edited:
Let's agree to disagree, just as many issues with NV cards and just as many AMD owners without issues. Just because of one post that makes allegations without any evidence doesn't mean this should turn into a AMD bashing contest..
And back on topic..

Last edited:
Let's agree to disagree, just as many issues with NV cards and just as many AMD owners without issues. Just because of one post that makes allegations without any evidence doesn't mean this should turn into a AMD bashing contest..
And back on topic..
Eh, I assume you meant me?

I wouldn't have even run into this if there wasn't a query on the last page as to if the F can be run at 10bit + 165hz, as I left it on afterwards (coming from 60hz) and found the random crashses and blue screens all of a sudden. Began looking around as to why, and found those threads. So I put it on the thread here after reading those threads and seeing it affected 1440 monitors, which all of ours are. So if anyone does happen to run into issues, to not overly panic and start debugging your system as you could end up doing more trouble than resolving it and that it can be fixed via driver updates (eventually, evidently not right now) or not running it at above 120hz when on the displayport connection, or the other suggestions made there.

As you say though, doesn't affect everyone. But I felt it was better to be informed of a potential issue and where to diagnose/fix rather than let owners randomly look around and wonder if their system is faulty or has developed a fault and begin making modifications to settings etc when it's unnecessary. Which can be especially aggrevating if the entire system was obtained together fairly recently and built together, making it harder to track down if you don't make modifications one at a time and test before continuing.

Hopefully those who experience/are experiencing issues get an update to resolve their issue soon.

Thanks for the detailed update. I can see only the 7900 card and the 23.2.1 drivers are are mentioned and causing these lockups, am I correct? I'm using those drivers and not suffering from any but have a 6800...
EDIT: seems that AMD has already released 23.2.2 on the 22nd February..

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed update. I can see only the 7900 card and the 23.2.1 drivers are are mentioned and causing these lockups, am I correct? I'm using those drivers and not suffering from any but have a 6800...
EDIT: seems that AMD has already released 23.2.2 on the 22nd February..
The card mentioned in those linked threads are the 7900 yes. But if you follow back through a lot of threads that get linked, it's not just the 7900 owners only that was experiencing issues when Displayport +/ Adaptive Sync/Freesync Premium, etc, only that was the biggest one I believe. I myself am still on the RX580 and ran into this out of the blue. Others have reported on other AMD cards too but there was no specific details until I ran into one thread that began describing in detail the technical reasons (Beyond my comprehension level anyway). But thought it was best to keep fellow QDOLED monitor users up to date in case they run into this issue so they don't start trying to diagnose and end up with RMA'ing a good monitor or anything like that that didn't need to be. THAT would be bad.

Last edited:
So MSI have finally announced there version of this panel and it should be released in March.

No idea on price yet though.

Back
Top Bottom