World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

If only Horizon 2 was on PC, that game would really shine on the display.
I've heard maybe just an 8 month delay this time around - hopefully the rumour is correct!

Elden Ring with the Ultrawide mod WILL look great though!

I'm sure I should be able to find this (but can't!), does anyone know what the vertical and horizontal dimensions of this are?

Currently have a three monitor set-up and one is a 32", I hope 34" super-widescreen as as tall as a 32" 16:10?

Thanks,
Generally they are the same height as a 27" but I haven't looked at the dimensions to check.

I'm sure I should be able to find this (but can't!), does anyone know what the vertical and horizontal dimensions of this are?

Currently have a three monitor set-up and one is a 32", I hope 34" super-widescreen as as tall as a 32" 16:10?

Thanks,

As above, 27" 16:9 is roughly the same height. 32" is going to be quite a bit taller, especially in 16:10 ratio, see here for comparisons:

http://www.displaywars.com/32-inch-16x10-vs-34-inch-21x9

Generally they are the same height as a 27" but I haven't looked at the dimensions to check.

As above, 27" 16:9 is roughly the same height. 32" is going to be quite a bit taller, especially in 16:10 ratio, see here for comparisons:

http://www.displaywars.com/32-inch-16x10-vs-34-inch-21x9

Cheers all, having the tape measure out I think (think) I can cope less height...(decisions, decisions...)

Cheers all, having the tape measure out I think (think) I can cope less height...(decisions, decisions...)
I know 21:9 has its haters, but I’d say 90% of owners wouldn’t go back to 16:9 and I count myself among that 90%. I couldn’t imagine going back to 16:9 now.

To be fair, the only reason to have 16:9 is if you are a programmer(vertical space is always useful) or watch tv shows.
Movies/excel/word/games are much better in ultrawide.

To be fair, the only reason to have 16:9 is if you are a programmer(vertical space is always useful) or watch tv shows.
Ultrawide for music or video production is also amazing. Much more on your timeline.

And seems someone did post all the premier links for reddit online including UK and apparently already people scalping on ebay :mad: Saying that, it seems dell have caught on as on another form, apparently someone rang a guy to enquire about his "business"

You won't get any cashback benefits or discount options via Premier anyway, just hold out for consumer website links.

I like that there are two USB-A 3.2 ports on the underside of the monitor below the bezel. That is a nice place as opposed to on the side or on the back panel which I find annoying. Nice.

This, for the sake of a week or 2, very much worth waiting for the mega discount.

Someone has posted comparison pics of this against a lg 34", not that you'll see the true difference from looking at photos especially if viewing on a lcd display.... :p But still, you can see the difference in contrast etc. very well:

https://imgur.com/gallery/j9bW6xc#WUFM4iP

As a developer, personally I much prefer 21.9, useful for stacking windows side by side.

Defo TV shows wise, 16.9.much better though.

16:9 is the standard and so will be. Much better to get a nice big 32 and up. Thats the real deal and why most people goes ;)

I want to be immersed. Not have oversized horizontal vs vertical fov!

Just created an account on the Dell website in anticipation. :eek:

A friend of mine knows I want one and has offered me a 12% discount code they've given him because the AW laptop he recently bought has a dead pixel. I'm more than happy to use it for him as that's a good £130 off the top! I think he's hoping I'll let him come round and use it at his leisure...

And seems someone did post all the premier links for reddit online including UK and apparently already people scalping on ebay :mad: Saying that, it seems dell have caught on as on another form, apparently someone rang a guy to enquire about his "business"

If it's any consolation, the UK link never went live.

If it's any consolation, the UK link never went live.

Hopefully it won't ever go live :p

For those who have never experienced oled goodness, you're in for a treat, from the above imgur link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/t8wu3g/alienware_3423dw_vs_lg_34gn850b_images/

9AtFEYq.png

DUvkS1s.png

Z0ZO4Aa.png

xcJr63D.png

Going to be interesting to see how much different it is to my lg e7.

And some more comments from the OP:

It looks just as sharp as any other monitor I've used (1440p wise). I'm using it for work now and I haven't been bothered by text or anything. I just get thrown off at how void of light blacks are.

The best thing to me though, is the motion clarity. Playing at 140fps with gsync looks smoother than top of the line 240Hz monitors I've tried. It's crazy.

Is it true that there are no RGB controls in the OSD? Looking forward to a review from someone who has a calibration device and confirms this as going forwards, this /could/ be an issue if you cannot adjust RGB as that is the main way to recalibrate as a display ages.

Back
Top Bottom