World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

39" ultrawide sounds like my kinda monitor, although the QD-OLED having better white is more appealing, and a refresh at 240Hz, assuming better acoustics too. Interesting, good thing there's 3yrs warranty on the DW :p

For me it will be Alienware again assuming I can get a bunch of vouchers to stack. Would go 4K or 3440x1440 again depending on price.

Been very happy with DLDSR of late so that is making me think I could go 3440x1440 again and be happy.

I quite like ultrawide but wouldn't want bigger than 34 I think. I tend to focus so much on the middle and forget to take note of ui elements etc in the corners.
Would have to be 4k but would depend on price compared to whatever iteration of LG 42" is about.
Not fussed about hz at all as I don't play any games that my GPU could run that high.

Last edited:
I have noticed i have a large micro scratch in the middle of the screen that is vertical..not sure to send back as it's in the 30 day returns..but I don't notice it unless I shine a torch at it...
What would you guys do? I know I am the one to make the decision..everything good apart from that but bugs me now. I only looked cos i was cleaning it....

:/?
To me that would be unacceptable for what is supposed to be a brand new monitor, if people start accepting second best then that could set a lower bar for manufacturers quality control..

I'm all for the higher res 4k screens, but I am hesitant on the 240-480hz oled screens.
When using vrr with oled, the further from native hz your fps, the higher the near black raise. At the moment it isn't really an issue as I can run atleast near to native hz. However if I have a 240 screen and can only achieve 100fps, the near black raise will be noticeable to my eye.

Yeah. Not fussed about the hz. Sure more is better. But beyond 120hz it is not much of a selling point for me personally.

I done this on my new screen to make sure it was all good. When I was doing it I thought I’m maybe being a bit too anal but hey ho lol

The old screen only had 1 stuck pixel and as it was new I didn’t see the point in accepting it.

Everyone is different though, we all have opinions and it’s down to yourself if you can live with it

To me that would be unacceptable for what is supposed to be a brand new monitor, if people start accepting second best then that could set a lower bar for manufacturers quality control..

yeah I'm going to order another one from the rainforest tomorrow - so it's delivery Friday and organise a collection on the same day.

I just can't get out of my head the scratch down the middle.

Yeah so the marked one is going back .

Cheers. :)

Last edited:
One thing to take into account, the F display is 3440x1440, so basically +50% on the X axis of a 1440 display
Is it hard to play fps games on this monitor/resolution? I'm looking for upgrade from 1440p/27inch to 34/3440x1440, but I'm concerned about view distance like if I can still see the targets etc.

Is it hard to play fps games on this monitor/resolution? I'm looking for upgrade from 1440p/27inch to 34/3440x1440, but I'm concerned about view distance like if I can still see the targets etc.
It should be fine, I haven't experienced any oddities other than something I mentioned a page or two back about suddently noticing the (flat) TV looked warped/bulging in the middle after using these curved monitors for a while.

ooo not sure if to pull the trigger on this, i currently have an lg 48" cx, and its a little too big, but will this now feel too small if i do buy, and will the drop from 4k to 1440p be too noticeable.

ooo not sure if to pull the trigger on this, i currently have an lg 48" cx, and its a little too big, but will this now feel too small if i do buy, and will the drop from 4k to 1440p be too noticeable.

I'd say yes to both of those tbh. I can speak for the resolution first hand but not the size drops.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom