World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

I suddenly remembered about degaussing. Not sure if it also made a noise when you did that.

For me the noises mention was from old CRT TV's. Would hear it randomly in the room when the TV was off as kid and would be like wtf... :cry:

I used to degauss every week. Not because I knew what it was for, I just felt like I should. Also jut got PTSD about a time I sat with my friend's dad and watched his 6.4GB HD defragging.

Reactions: TNA
I want teh CRT on/off animation in Windows, on OLED this would look amazing, obviously:

Used to have it on my old Android phones, but it's long been gone, not sure why nobody cares about it these days :/

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
It's plastic that expands and contracts with heat cycles, everything plastic will creak after x amount of cycles :p

Mine:

I did the same,just pressing on there and the plastic sounds like it's come out of place and it's going back in.

It disconcerted me about the build quality.

I was thinking the same, there is a room for movement so that it can expand and contract with the heat.

Last edited:
for Dell DWF is worth paying extra for warranty that covers burn in issue? or limited should cover it too?

Should I be worried about burn in if only used for gaming?

Also, can anyone with the DW check their Dell account area> Service status shows active as expected for the 3 years warranty, but it also states that service life has ended as the product is end of life. Does this mean replacements via RMA will be a DWF until the new models are out I wonder or a refund...

1ndRDgY.png

769xcZc.png

Weird, is yours a past replacement? I wonder if it's because my screen is a replacement, hence why it is seen as end of service life so is simply inheriting the original's warranty period.

Last edited:
Weird, is yours a past replacement? I wonder if it's because my screen is a replacement, hence why it is seen as end of service life so is simply inheriting the original's warranty period.

Nope, still same monitor I got since day 1. Sounds like that may be the case with yours though.

Makes selling easier as it's a bonus to new owner.

Ps: you got a shout out today MRK for the quality TLoU screenshots by a fellow forum member who came to pick up a monitor.

• Wow
Reactions: mrk
Makes selling easier as it's a bonus to new owner.

Ps: you got a shout out today MRK for the quality TLoU screenshots by a fellow forum member who came to pick up a monitor.
Ooh really?! Whereabouts is this, OcUK or another shop? I am intrigued!

I now have a folder of my TLoU screenshots that rotate on the monitor btw, it's a great game for fantastic (and dark) game screenshots to rotate with!

Last edited:
Ah no it was a member who came to my house to pick up his new AW. I said about how tedious it is taking screenshots in HDR due to the fannying about after to show them.

Going to see how I get on with the C2 for a bit and after a few months I'll either stick with it or end up back with am UW.

Back
Top Bottom