World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
A useless warranty is worse than no warranty. Good luck if you ever need to claim, I certainly wouldn't buy anything from that scummy company again based on my warranty (or rather lack of) experiences with them

I only like their phones these days and even then I stopped buying them new. Since I dealt with their warranty for an oven they went down in my estimation badly. Never again will I buy brand new stuff from them.

Soldato
A useless warranty is worse than no warranty. Good luck if you ever need to claim, I certainly wouldn't buy anything from that scummy company again based on my warranty (or rather lack of) experiences with them

If I have to make a claim I'll come back and let everyone know how I've got on but for now, contrary to what you keep stating, I clearly do have a warranty and I expect Samsung to honour it. You obviously feel that you were treated poorly by Samsung, for whatever reason, but generally they're no worse at warranty claims than any other manufacturer or retailer.
Fortunately I have have never had to make any such claim for all the Samsung hardware I've owned, and there are many, and soon I'll be owning more because, based upon my own experiences, they've all been reliable..

Last edited:
Soldato
Wrong :p

They are much worse than say Dell. With Dell I get next day replacement. I highly doubt Samsung offer that.
I have had plenty of experience of woeful Dell's business support as a IT Technician so please don't. They have been far worse than any contact I've had with Samsung.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I have had plenty of experience of woeful Dell's business support as a IT Technician so please don't. They have been far worse than any contact I've had with Samsung.

Maybe their customer support is better for non business users? Either that or they don't like you :p

Oh well, it is what it is. We all go by our own experiences. Mine has been very good with Dell and bad with Samsung. Enjoy your monitor :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe their customer support is better for non business users? Either that or they don't like you :p

Oh well, it is what it is. We all go by our own experiences. Mine has been very good with Dell and bad with Samsung. Enjoy your monitor :)
I dunno, if you've spend hundreds of thousands with Dell, I managed three large primary schools, the expectation should be higher. However I agree and it's time to move on, I'd run out of popcorn ages ago anyway.
I was only making a point that the G8 does have a warranty, but how that plays out is for a different debate. Who knows, when I purchase more Samsung products, have my eye on a S95C, a washer and a fridge freezer for our new house, I may well be using them. Until that time happens every contact I've had with them up until now has been exemplary...

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I dunno, if you've spend hundreds of thousands with Dell, I managed three large primary schools, the expectation should be higher. However I agree and it's time to move on, I'd run out of popcorn ages ago anyway.
I was only making a point that the G8 does have a warranty, but how that plays out is for a different debate. Who knows, when I purchase more Samsung products, have my eye on a S95C, a washer and a fridge freezer for our new house, I may well be using them. Until that time happens every contact I've had with them up until now has been exemplary...

Do research on their appliances. My oven kept breaking over and over again and had to keep waiting for engineer to keep coming out. In the end I complained to curry's and they come collected it and I got credit to buy another one from a different brand which had been rock solid since. In my opinion their strong suit is phones, followed by screens. Would not touch the rest.

Soldato
Ah that's a shame, maybe try with the newsletter sign up code to get it to £759.
I ummed and ahhed for a couple of days not realising the deal would expire.

Bonehead award.

I also have a “blacklist” of companies I will never use due to zero support despite having a warranty. Samsung are not one of them but a lack of burn in warranty would probably put me off the G8.

Last edited:
Associate
Just a heads up, a new firmware update has been released today for the F. Checking it out now. Will report anything unusual I find.

:: edit ::
So it looks like HDR1000 is fixed; it's no longer just an overbrightening of the screen. Used the Windows HDR Tool again and have 993 Nits on my screen, doing it in day time with the Sun in full force though, so will need to redo later on. But looks like it's fixed at least from preliminary views on HDR content so far.

PS. I might just leave the screen on HDR1000 now just to see how bad it can burn now... :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom