World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Getting a bit tired of the random black screens with the AW3423DWF.
HDR is disabled in Windows 11.
Seems to happen just when browsing but also more commonly when closing a windowed game too.

Does anyone have any tips on how they clean their screens and what cloths they use. Many thanks

I use the cleaning cloth I got with the monitor and some isopryl alcohol I got from the rainforest. Once you start to use isopryl alcohol you will realise just how rubbish everything else is in comparison.

I use the cleaning cloth I got with the monitor and some isopryl alcohol I got from the rainforest. Once you start to use isopryl alcohol you will realise just how rubbish everything else is in comparison.
I’m a bit hesitant in using anything other than a quality slightly damp cleaning cloth as a google shows that using isopropyl cleaners can damage the screen's anti-reflective coating?

Hopefully the next QD-OLED 38" version with the gsync module will be out by the time mine needs replaced. Got no problem paying more for the gsync module to get a less problematic experience after seeing all the issues with the adaptive/free sync version.

What problems has the DWF had ? Completely trouble free here.
a few
1. bad delivery smudges/damage etc
2. Bad HDR1000 / broken HDR 1000
3. image retention (given tbh)
4. quite a few members on various forums have gone through 2-3 monitors to various issues
5. coil whine (fixed apparently by new psu shipped by dell)

a few
1. bad delivery smudges/damage etc
2. Bad HDR1000 / broken HDR 1000
3. image retention (given tbh)
4. quite a few members on various forums have gone through 2-3 monitors to various issues
5. coil whine (fixed apparently by new psu shipped by dell)

Wouldn't say these are specific to the DWF version as some can happen on the DW too.

Main issue I was referring to was the usual problems of free/adaptive sync with black screening/flickering, someone on here had both and said the DW just works a lot better. But yeah the HDR is another main issue for the DWF.

Checked my screen there and still image retention free, been on and used for pretty much at least 12 hours every day since launch with a variety of usage, I let it run the pixel refresh and panel refresh (has ran 4 or 5 times now) when it needs to.

I've had the DWF for a few weeks now and the only annoyance is HDR1000 not working properly. Otherwise, it's hard to fault and is comfortably the best, most responsive monitor i've experienced by some margin.

It's worth chiming in on this thread over at Dell re. HDR1000 btw. They're aware of the issue and the more vocal ppl get the better:

Last edited:
Does the DW have the same pixel refresh thing every 4 hours the DWF has? I'm still really worried about burn in as this was a warranty replacement and the warranty expires in a few months.

The monitor only came out 14 months ago, with a 3 year warranty, so even a day 1 purchase should have ~22 months warranty left.

Back
Top Bottom