World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Hopefully it won't ever go live :p

For those who have never experienced oled goodness, you're in for a treat, from the above imgur link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/t8wu3g/alienware_3423dw_vs_lg_34gn850b_images/

9AtFEYq.png

DUvkS1s.png

Z0ZO4Aa.png

xcJr63D.png

Going to be interesting to see how much different it is to my lg e7.

And some more comments from the OP:

Colors look a bit flat and foggy compared to my C9. I think it's the matte coating instead of glossy - it's especially apparent in that metro screenshot, game looks much more vibrant on the c9

To be honest i'd be inclined to say the opposite. Ultrawide gives a bit of a disadvantage due to the relatively lower fps and bigger area to need to look for enemies, whereas for epic single player games it really helps with the immersion
Makes sense. It's just what I have observed over the years.

Would be nice replay a game like Deus Ex Mankind Divided on this. Been wanting to replay that so would be interesting to see how that goes.

Colors look a bit flat and foggy compared to my C9. I think it's the matte coating instead of glossy - it's especially apparent in that metro screenshot, game looks much more vibrant on the c9

Just the photos, guy is only using his phone and as mentioned, the true differences/colours aren't going to be shown in a photo viewed from our displays.

So far of the 2 reviews we have and I think 3 owners on reddit (who also have lg oled tvs) have all said the colours, uniformity are much better than lgs oled, which seems to line up with what Vincent etc. have been saying.

Also, it's not got a matte coating. It is using an anti glare filter.

Dell premier website shows now out of stock in the US. Lets all hope its just US and they will have units for sale for us on March 22nd.
I have never been waiting for any hardware premiere so much. I feel like a 6 year old kid on a trip to Lego shop.

Dell premier website shows now out of stock in the US. Lets all hope its just US and they will have units for sale for us on March 22nd.
I have never been waiting for any hardware premiere so much. I feel like a 6 year old kid on a trip to Lego shop.
Yeah. I am thinking (hoping) that the monitors for the UK market are on a boat heading here at the moment.

I already have my Steam Deck being dispatched shortly, just need one of these monitors and a RTX 4070 and I think I will be golden for a very very long time.

I like to hope it won't sell out instantly... but I don't believe.

This is my opinion too. If they have a time of day it'll release I imagine the website will crash for 5 minutes and then all stock will be gone, just like a repeat of Ampere release.

Comparing the picture you see on actual tv with a photo doesnt make any sense.

No. It doesn't. You'd have to be in a room with neutral colours, with a calibrated screen in a calibrated workflow, with a calibrated camera with the same monitor. The whole chain is broken.

We wont see what people do who owns the monitor actually being there.

Hopefully dell give some form of an indication when this will go live for us but highly unlikely, which means, I'm going to have a separate tab window open just for this at the side :o :p

More and more people are getting theirs now in the US, all good reports and pretty much what we expected, making the wait feel even longer!

It's up for order in Australia but delivery only in May

Price is 2.2k Aussie dollarydoos, that's 1219 pounds

I've missed a few pages -- do we know what day we can order these? I've seen some places say March and some start of April?

The US release date was stated to be late March so it's entirely possible the UK date will get pushed up too. Will have to keep checking Dell's store to be sure.

Yeah defo don't be worrying about that. Riftbreaker is probably one of the best on that list tbh, very much looking forward to seeing how that looks on this!

One game I'll definitely be checking out again is alien isolation, deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep blacks :cool:

I hope the blacks are as deep as your expecting. The one review\over view in this thread noted how the blacks on his monitor were not as black as other OLED screens and more grey. Everyone seems to have ignored that statement. I hope that is wrong though as deep blacks are one of the more important things to me.

To be honest i'd be inclined to say the opposite. Ultrawide gives a bit of a disadvantage due to the relatively lower fps and bigger area to need to look for enemies, whereas for epic single player games it really helps with the immersion

You have a bigger area to look for enemies but some of the visible enemies maybe to off screen on a 16:9 monitor

Back
Top Bottom