World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Pity there is no blur reduction in this model - I guess implementing it via Nvidia's ULMB wasn't possible.

I'll be waiting for the freesync version to hopefully have it built into the monitor.

Do you need blur reduction on a modern OLED screen ?

Ether way Im temped to order one of these to replace my current screen that has served me well these past years

Ether way Im temped to order one of these to replace my current screen that has served me well these past years
At 144/175Hz - no, you dont need it.
However, when playing game locked to 60Hz/movie locked to 24Hz you will see blur due to sample and hold, even more evident due to ultra fast pixel reaction of oleds.

At 144/175Hz - no, you dont need it.
However, when playing game locked to 60Hz/movie locked to 24Hz you will see blur due to sample and hold, even more evident due to ultra fast pixel reaction of oleds.

There's still significant benefit in using a blur reduction mode like BFI on an OLED, even at high refresh rates. 144Hz and 175Hz is high, and certainly much better than 60Hz, but it's still sample and hold and you can still improve motion clarity quite noticeably. Blur Busters suggest you'd need around 1000Hz for similar performance and "retina refresh rate" as they put it. In fact because of the super-fast response times these modes work incredibly well on OLED too. for instance see the 120Hz vs 120Hz BFI motion clarity pursuit camera photos here: https://tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_cx_oled#Motion-Blur-Reduction-Black-Frame-Insertion-BFI

Very good improvements to motion clarity, and you get no strobe cross talk either, clean image across the whole screen :)

@Baddass any indication when you're getting your one for review?

I wish I knew. I've been chasing Dell on it, but I will def have to wait for UK stock to land, so I'm def lagging behind US/Can/China where it's been released already.

What's not clear is whether Dell's UK PR team will get these at launch, or whether there will be a few months lag like there's been on other models in the past before they get samples in. They don't operate in the same way as most other manufacturers when it comes to review samples - I will often get advanced pre-release access to other screens. I will do what i can to get one as soon as they're available in the UK, even if i have to buy one myself :)

Not a single western review of any calibration charts, input lag testing, near black performance, uniformity testing. True tech trash.

Without blur reduction at 120hz the readability on ufotests street map for example is no better than an LCD. With blur reduction all street names are readable and it matches/surpasses CRT motion clarity. There is a significant difference that a simple moving ufo photo doesn't show.

I'm in the minority tho still waiting for that CRT replacement.

0f3kxru67jl81.jpg

What is that showing in the image. It isn't on the C1. Looks like a grid pattern over it all?

Panel defect is my guess time for RMA, it's like one of the filter layers underneath is showing through for some reason

Whilst he doesn't show graphs, he does mention measurement values. Max brightness 261 odd nits for example, greens at high brightness shoot above a delta-E of 5... Not an issue if you're running at low brightness which in my case I would be as I prefer a calibrated working level of 90 cd/m2 which is 17 on the brightness on this LG so I'll have to match up to that with the i1Display Pro assuming the software gets an update to support it and I can then run measurements.

Last edited:
Whilst he doesn't sow graphs, he does mention measurement values. Max brightness 261 odd nits for example, greens at high brightness shoot above a delta-E of 5... Not an issue if you're running at low brightness which in my case I would be as I prefer a calibrated working level of 90 cd/m2 which is 17 on the brightness on this LG so I'll have to match up to that with the i1Display Pro assuming the software gets an update to support it and I can then run measurements.
Why so low?

Back
Top Bottom