World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Wait, your going to buy this monitor and the first thing you are looking forward to is running some spreadsheets. LOL :cry:
It’s one overlooked benefit of ultra wide screens in that you can put easily put spreadsheets side to side on them so it’s good for productivity. Will also be looking forward to running cyberpunk and rdr2 on it as well lol.

Cant wait for Vincent review. He is probably the only youtuber out there(for displays) who does have a clue what he is doing.

Some US orders pushed to late April :( not a good sign. I already took a day off on 22nd and will probably start checking website from 12am.

My only hope is it releases earlier than dell stated when everyone else is "hopefully" just waiting until the 22nd to spam the f5 button :D I think it released earlier than what dell originally stated for US?

Either way, even if I do manage to get order in straight away, I'm not expecting it to arrive until some time in April :(

Well, I am expecting next day delivery if I will be lucky to order it in the first few minutes.
US date was never officially announced btw - only UK was announced.

Samsung has never done 38 UW so dont get your hopes up. We might see 49 incher SUW, but I dont think we will ever get 38.

Indeed, but hope hold out as larger monitors like 38" to 42" become more popular. And they did that 43" super ultra wide which also could be option then but I do feel that is super narrow.

21:10 I feel would have been the ideal ratio but that is a complete pipe dream there.

Last edited:
Looks like when you buy one on the US store there is no option to extend your warranty....

Looks like when you buy one on the US store there is no option to extend your warranty....
Interesting. Was wondering if I should pay the extra to bump it up to 5 years if given the option. I guess they don’t want to take chances pastes 3 years. Hard to blame them, there will be many careless users who may wreck it before 5 years is reached.

Well that definately answered my question with regards to playing fight games. They would look like Eldon Ring in that article so not so bad really.

My next question is how much of a performance difference is there going from 2560x1440 to 3440x1440. My Vega56 plays pretty much all titles I'll tried currently at 80-100fps. Showdow of the Tombraider for example gets 85fps maxxed out but I'm worry the increase in resolution will be too much for the Vega56 and with the current cost of cards I dont want to upgrade!

Interesting. Was wondering if I should pay the extra to bump it up to 5 years if given the option. I guess they don’t want to take chances pastes 3 years. Hard to blame them, there will be many careless users who may wreck it before 5 years is reached.

to be honest 5 years warranty was the minimum for me. The fact that they aren’t offering extended warranties is a bit fishy in my eyes.

It is a bit annoying tbh but... I suspect we're going to see a lot of new and better monitors within 3 years that will make us want to upgrade sooner than later so don't mind too much.

they offer extended warranty on all their other monitors. This is either them just not being ready or them deliberately not trusting the tech much beyond that. Especially with day to day use as a desktop monitor.

They probably expect failure rate to rise sharply beyond 3 years.
It may be one of the reasons for relatively low price.
I expect it’s related to them expecting retention/burn in after that point. £1000 for a monitor that has that level of faith from the vendor is a bit alarming tbh. Here’s hoping the extended warranty gets offered in the UK because it’s resale value will be sod all if it has defects after 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom