World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

And if it couldn't get any worse, delivery now estimated for June.....
Yeah seen that :( lets hope they have allocated some stock to the UK and we wont be affected with the premier sh*tfest in the US.
Surely they had to have lots of stock. If it was as scarce as some people say, they would had just priced it much higher.

Just of chat with dell:

- march 29th is expected live date for order
- actual available date is April (mid April at that)
- no idea on if stock is currently allocated to UK...

So they dont know anything. US dell chat was saying March 29th as well before :D

giphy.gif

In all seriousness though, if someone sees it come in stock, trust/pm me please :D :p

Just of chat with dell:

- march 29th is expected live date for order
- actual available date is April (mid April at that)
- no idea on if stock is currently allocated to UK...
Oh well, I am in no rush. As long as my voucher code works I am happy to wait a few months. But not ideal obviously.

Let me order before you then - I'm in a rush >;D
I will try my best to get mine before you and then act like it is no big deal and say I won't get time to use it for a few weeks as busy playing on my Steam Deck :p:cry::D

That wouldn't bother me too much except for the bit.... having to wait on a replacement till June....

Yeah, while it sucks, there are always going to be a few instances of failures, but if Dell havent kept themselves some stock to cover these then that's pretty poor!

yeah that is what I'm questioning, why offer next day exchange when you have no stock to cover this kind of situation!

Hopefully not a common issue. My current monitor was the first rog 144 g sync tn screens a little while back. At over £600 it was very pricey by the standard at the time. They too went cheap on the power supply. Luckily it was an external brick but had two go faulty in as many months. They eventually fixed it but by then I’d sourced a laptop power brick with the same specs which has worked since.
We were all pleasantly surprised at the price point this monitor is at, let’s hope they haven’t gone too cheap on components!

Looking at reddit, plenty of people got theirs - it looks more common than rtx 3xxx in the early days :D
1 fault out of all people that got theirs is not that bad - probably less than 1%. Faults will always happen with such tech.

Apparently dell made a mistake and released this earlier than they wanted for US and Canada so don't think we'll see any surprise early release for UK now.

Apparently dell made a mistake and released this earlier than they wanted for US and Canada so don't think we'll see any surprise early release for UK now.
I wonder if this has something to do with Premier site being live and all dodgy orders. At some point they probably figured out to release the retail site just to control the damage.

Looking at reddit, plenty of people got theirs - it looks more common than rtx 3xxx in the early days :D
1 fault out of all people that got theirs is not that bad - probably less than 1%. Faults will always happen with such tech.
I don’t think stock will be as worse as the 3000 release as these monitors are like marmite to some people who would prefer a 16:9 format and a bigger screen like the LG c2 42.

Back
Top Bottom