World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Looks nice but I bet this is going to be quite expensive. Would guess this would be around the the 3k mark.

Yup probably 3K if not more, Samsung are very insistent on recouping the billions spent onto QD-OLED tech.

Id like to see LG jump onboard, they are half way their and they could really make a run on the market since they have 42" and 48" in their back yard and could probably undercut the rest of them.

Just watched the best review of this so far which covers all the talking points in this thread. Very informative an only 8 mins long.

It's looking more and more like a worthy upgrade to the X34 now.

I'm still not 100% sure of the pros and cons of the true black 400 vs the 1000. I'd want a mode you can just leave it on rather than swapping between them all the time.

Also on the calibration side of things, this guy uploaded a video now too which covers that side of things which I found useful:

I have to say I don't really care about HDR modes in general. I just want to run in SDR with epic calibration results for colour accuracy, and then benefit from the pure blacks OLED is known for whilst gaining the higher refresh rates and virtually instant latency in games.

Last edited:
I love HDR but I have a feeling I might give it a miss when gaming on the monitor as sitting this close to a 34" screen with HDR brightness would be extremely straining on the eyes....

For my needs, going by this review above, I think I will become frustrated with the odd limitations with calibrating this monitor perfectly, or at least to the same level of results for delta E as my current LG. I need to see some more data though first to decide whether it would actually be of use buying this, or waiting for LG to release something that isn't purely gamer orientated and thus limits certain options in certain modes so you have to then end up switching modes all the time depending on what you are doing.

Edit*
I think it's clear that Dell plan on having a fully kitted out settings menu system on an Ultrasharp model with a QD-OLED display - Obviously at a lot more cost because if you're a professional then you must pay more just to get proper settings :rolleyes:

I will wait longer I think and see what's what :p

Last edited:
I haven't tried HDR on PC yet so I'm keen to give it a go in gaming. I don't watch any other media on PC anyway so I don't need it for movies or anything else. Ideally it would just work like a TV and switch to a HDR profile when it detects a game using it, but I doubt it's that simple in Windows.

Ive got the lenovo legion 5 pro 12700h 3070ti ddr 5 laptop, do you think this monitor would be an alright pairing?

I can play most games at high fps on this at the native res 2560x1600, so 3440x1440 is a bit more (4m vs 5m pixels).

Ive got the lenovo legion 5 pro 12700h 3070ti ddr 5 laptop, do you think this monitor would be an alright pairing?

I can play most games at high fps on this at the native res 2560x1600, so 3440x1440 is a bit more (4m vs 5m pixels).

You should be ok generally but you may just need to drop the odd setting or two to keep the fps up.

618326_1647280329917.png

Also on the calibration side of things, this guy uploaded a video now too which covers that side of things which I found useful:

I have to say I don't really care about HDR modes in general. I just want to run in SDR with epic calibration results for colour accuracy, and then benefit from the pure blacks OLED is known for whilst gaining the higher refresh rates and virtually instant latency in games.

this might be a sensitive or unpopular opinion but IMo sdr on an OLED looks better than hdr on an LCD. So go ahead mate SDR will still blow you away

That's music to my ears then! Happy days :D

Just read this monitor uses PWM. Is that true? If so, could be a deal breaker for me :(

I saw a bunch of people who have it now say it has PWM but you will not see it with the human eye, only visible in camera recordings (for obvious reasons).

Unless you have a bionic eye...

That's music to my ears then! Happy days :D

I saw a bunch of people who have it now say it has PWM but you will not see it with the human eye, only visible in camera recordings (for obvious reasons).

Unless you have a bionic eye...
No, PWM can cause fatiguing headache, problems with vision, pain at certain spots in the head and in serious circumstances a painful headache. It's a serious deal breaker. Human eyes maybe can't see PWM but the brain does. I had two PWM monitors and both have been returned because of the mentioned issues.

Hmm I guess the level of which it has an affect can only be determined by getting one and returning if it's one that does have an affect.

Back
Top Bottom