World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

I expect it’s related to them expecting retention/burn in after that point. £1000 for a monitor that has that level of faith from the vendor is a bit alarming tbh. Here’s hoping the extended warranty gets offered in the UK because it’s resale value will be sod all if it has defects after 3 years.
I guess you have to expect to throw it away after 3 years - and be positively disappointed if its not the case.
My LG B7 has severe burn in after 4 years and I havent used it as a monitor.

LG e7 here since 2017 and no burn in at all. Not been used as a monitor though, just films, TV shows and games (mostly hdr ones too)

That's how my B7 looks:
20220309-220620.jpg

to be honest 5 years warranty was the minimum for me. The fact that they aren’t offering extended warranties is a bit fishy in my eyes.
Yea. I personally will still grab one if my discount voucher works. I know I will be cautious with it so I do not anticipate any burn in. Can always sell it just before warranty is out and get the 38” version or a proper 4K one if I fancy going back to 16:9 :)

Price is key. I would not pay full price for it.

That's how my B7 looks:
20220309-220620.jpg
I have a LG B9. Not seen image retention on it, let alone burn in. But then again I have not gone out my way looking for it either using slides.

How many hours on average a day would you say you have used your tv? Did you play a lot of games on it? Does the burn in show on a lot of content you view?

I have a LG B9. Not seen image retention on it, let alone burn in. But then again I have not gone out my way looking for it either using slides.

How many hours on average a day would you say you have used your tv? Did you play a lot of games on it? Does the burn in show on a lot of content you view?
I would say 3hrs a day on average since Feb 18. Mostly movies - I guess this is from subtitles in HDR movies.
It does show up in certain situations, but then again I know it is there. Not very noticeable in normal content.

I would say 3hrs a day on average since Feb 18. Mostly movies - I guess this is from subtitles in HDR movies.
It does show up in certain situations, but then again I know it is there. Not very noticeable in normal content.
Fair enough. I did read the older panels are more susceptible to burn in. Luckily we don’t use subs often. Not a fan of subtitles myself as I feel it gets in the way of enjoying the content, but my missus first language is Spanish and if something we are watching has strong accents or they are speaking fast or something like that she gets me to turn it on :cry:

Seems a lot of peoples orders in US who's expected delivery date was today or within a few days of now has now been pushed back to end of April :(

EDIT:

On a positive note, lots of people saying they prefer this to their LG C1 etc. oleds, seems QD OLED is certainly living up to the hype after all ;)

Seems a lot of peoples orders in US who's expected delivery date was today or within a few days of now has now been pushed back to end of April :(

EDIT:

On a positive note, lots of people saying they prefer this to their LG C1 etc. oleds, seems QD OLED is certainly living up to the hype after all ;)
I think most of these pushed back orders are the ones who tried to cheat the system with fake premier account. At least they are the most vocal on reddit.

EDIT:

Yea but I also read somewhere that it is trash because a lack of vertical screen space or something like that :cry::D

It could always be used it in portrait mode :D

Looking forward to the new game Trek to Yomi, and am now desperately hoping it supports 3440x1440 from the get go. Would look stunning!

Its not PWM, its native oled flicker. You will not notice it with naked eye.
From rtings review of c1:
"The LG 48 C1 doesn't use Pulse Width Modulation (PWM). There's a slight dip in brightness every 8ms, which coincides with the 120Hz refresh rate, and it's not noticeable either. The scaling of the graph is different from the TV review, but there's still the same effect."

Any word on what time this will be available for
Pre-order? Otherwise I will be staying up from midnight to refresh the dell page!

Back
Top Bottom