World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

I was reading about it on my phone the other day but MSI have a 32" model on their page up, gen 3 also has an updated subpixel layout:

Now just give me a 240Hz ultrawide version with 5120x2160 and I'm all good.

Last edited:
I was reading about it on my phone the other day but MSI have a 32" model on their page up, gen 3 also has an updated subpixel layout:

Now just give me a 240Hz ultrawide version with 5120x2160 and I'm all good.

Is this not the same as the Dell Alienware one though?

Interesting. Well I will have to wait until Dell update their Alienware to gen 3 or there is a big enough price cut to tempt me to go gen 2.

I feel if I go gen 3 I can keep the monitor for like 5-10 years as it has everything I would want. Not XT upgrade would be post oled tech that has no burn in at all.

Am sure the AW/all 32in OLED's are 3rd Gen, went from 1st to 3rd (some TV's were 2nd).

That's good to know. Was surprised when he said AW ones are 2nd gen and MSI ones 3rd gen. They got released similar time so doesn't make much sense.

But it is mrk who prides him self in knowing his **** so took his word for it :p

Eurogamer have reviewed that MSI gen 3, rated highly too, if the UWs are gen 3 too, then are they just overclocked 240Hz? The refresh rate is not a factor for me as I just don't care about "needing" anything above 144Hz as that is more than fast enough..

I am genuinely tempted by that MSI too lol, 3 years burn in warranty, graphene heatsink so no fans.... I could finally have a totally silent PC once again lol.

Eurogamer have reviewed that MSI gen 3, rated highly too, if the UWs are gen 3 too, then are they just overclocked 240Hz? The refresh rate is not a factor for me as I just don't care about "needing" anything above 144Hz as that is more than fast enough..

I am genuinely tempted by that MSI too lol, 3 years burn in warranty, graphene heatsink so no fans.... I could finally have a totally silent PC once again lol.

Do it!

*Palpatine face*

:D

The MEG 342C I have here can do 175Hz/10bit via its HDMI 2.1 port and its absolutely rapid, doubt I'd ever need anything above it!!
When did that model come out? Just looked it up and it does 10-bit 175Hz over DisplayPort too. Hmm MSI burn in warranty is also 3 years so maybe this is a bit of a sidegrade :p

and it does 10-bit 175Hz over DisplayPort too.
I think that's a typo, didn't do it when I tried. HDMI fine though with a decent cable, didn't like 12bit kept giving me the odd black screen (poss an uber-cable would do it though).

It's definitely the superior gaming screen over the PG, but I just can't seem to give up 42in 4k for general usage!

Last edited:

What's the fan noise like on the aw3225qf in comparison to the aw3423dw? Fan noise is so annoying on my aw3423dw.

I'm put off by the MSI as I doubt the warranty support is anywhere near as good as Dell.

I'd expect the same as the DWF since there's no Gsync module so only the 1 fan.

Got my aw3225qf today and it’s much quieter than my old 3423dw. Can’t hear the fan at all.

Nice to see that Dell properly package them now with a plastic sheet protecting the panel from the bubble wrap.

Back
Top Bottom