World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Associate
Should get my AW3423DWF tomorrow and looking forward to getting it setup! For just over £625 and maybe less with cashback it's a steal frankly for this class of screen.

Any tips from those who own one already most welcomed!
I've owned mine coming up to 12 months and love it. I finally got around to mounting onto an Ergotron monitor arm. From day one, I always vowed to use mine as normally as possible but taking some sensible precautions.

Mine is set as 75% brightness (I'm in the minority here - I like it nice and bright), I let the oled panel maintenance do its thing every 4 hours. It automatically prompts when it wants to.

I use regular desktop wallpaper, shortcuts on desktop etc. The Windows task bar is set to hide. Always use full screen (F11) for browsing/apps to remove the menu bars.

Just like CRT days, I now use a screensaver religiously - Windows Ribbons screensaver using freeware app called Saver Starter, allows you to trigger the screen saver by moving your cursor to a hot corner. So, if I get up and leave the screen for a few mins, I always turn on the screen saver or set to sleep.

Enjoy your purchase - its brilliant.

Last edited:
Associate
Should get my AW3423DWF tomorrow and looking forward to getting it setup! For just over £625 and maybe less with cashback it's a steal frankly for this class of screen.

Any tips from those who own one already most welcomed!
Had DW for almost 2 years with no issues. Sold it a few months ago. Black wallpaper, taskbar autohide, no shortcuts on desktop, display turning off after some time of inactivity and letting it do its cleaning every 4 hours of use. Used it for games and internet browsing. Fantastic screen. Still one of the best screens and monitors on the market even though it is a 1st gen screen.

Soldato
Setup the screen last night and although I didn't get to game on it it was impressive all the same! Can't say I notice the text fringing issue either thankfully.
Need to get a good HDR game to test it out - Cyberpunk perhaps?
The multitasking this extra real estate allows is amazing - that and for mapping at work using ArcGIS Pro is just a pleasure!!

Associate
Setup the screen last night and although I didn't get to game on it it was impressive all the same! Can't say I notice the text fringing issue either thankfully.
Need to get a good HDR game to test it out - Cyberpunk perhaps?
The multitasking this extra real estate allows is amazing - that and for mapping at work using ArcGIS Pro is just a pleasure!!
Ori and the will of the wisps

Associate
Extremely tempted to go for the AW3423DWF to add to my new 4080 super, I currently own the Dell G3223D if anyone can possibly advise me to a few questions I have it’d be much appreciated.

I know it’s not GSYNC certified (unlike the previous DW) but does GSYNC work well?

I was thinking of going 32” GSYNC compatible 4k I exclusively game, with a bit of YouTube watching I don’t play fast fps titles, it’s usually Cyberpunk, MSFS 2020 Witcher 3 RDR2 etc would the AW3423DWF be a better option? If so why.

Pixel density and sharpness, Would I lose much “clarity” by going ultrawide 3440x1440 instead of 4k.. would it be a substantial upgrade from my current 1440p 165Hz monitor? Sorry for the noob questions thanks all for any replies, hope you all have a great day. Cheers

Soldato
Extremely tempted to go for the AW3423DWF to add to my new 4080 super, I currently own the Dell G3223D if anyone can possibly advise me to a few questions I have it’d be much appreciated.

I've literally made just that move - going from the G3223D to the 34" QD-OLED!

It's a very nice screen and for the money I don't think you could go wrong frankly!

I'm running it via a 7900xtx though so can't comment on G-sync being absent but the 32" Dell also doesn't have it and freesync works very well on either screen.

The only thing I'll have to get used to with this oled is the screen refresh that runs every 4 hours as I will want to manage any impacts of using it as my daily driver for work and play.

It's not a problem being a shorter screen although the same resolution (1440p) as the width more than makes up for it!

Associate
@TheOtherOption thank you for your advice mate really appreciated I believe the G3223D is Gsync compatible from 48-165 hz . I’m very very tempted to press the buy button especially now at £649 ps, you don’t regret the “upgrade” at all ? Cheers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom