World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Red is fine to me. Tone mapping(look at clouds) seems to be completely off though:
7Hwd5Pn_d.webp

Good spot, all that detail lost :o

Personally can see a red tinge there too (viewing on both IPS monitor and my GS 21)
Yeah, such a shame. Was really looking forward to getting this monitor, but won’t bother now.

Or hdtvtest... he's had it for 9 days where's the review dammit

he's also got the LG C2 to review, mapybe his review is delayed because he wants to do the C2 video first or maybe he even wants to make a video comparing the two together

Yeah, that is indeed rather undesirable as I am one of those people who sit close to a monitor which is probably why I have always preferred higher resolution all these years.

I plan on still getting one if I can and see how I get on with it. Worst case I send it back or sell it on and get an LG OLED.

I bet a 4K version of this monitor would suffer less from this. 1440p has always been a bit potato for me, but some have mentioned it being OLED helps. We will soon see I guess.

No way your driving 4K with the 3070 in your signature though :rolleyes:

No way your driving 4K with the 3070 in your signature though :rolleyes:
Well I am. I do not need 100+ fps. 60 will do just fine. In latest games I use DLSS and older games run with ease. Apart from a select few games where I need to tweak settings a bit everything runs sweet.

Each to their own though. If you must have every slider on maximum on latest games like Dying Light 2 or Cyberpunk then your 3080 (I had one for quite a while) or gpugorilla’s 3090 won’t drive those at 4K either without DLSS.

You should have got a 6700xt instead tna, it's got 12GB vram and can almost just about do 4k60 in FC 6 unlike the 3070, with no FSR as why would you want to use that... also, please just ignore every other game too and ignore the fact that the 3070 is only 19% faster on average across 50 games :cry:

I'm torn. My PC set-up just cannot accommodate a 42" TV. So my options seem to be;
  • wait for a better monitor to come along
  • buy a different, inferior monitor now
  • buy this now
Given the discount available on the AW, I'm leaning towards the latter. Worst case scenario is that I have to "make do" with this for a few years until the tech has matured.

Well I am. I do not need 100+ fps. 60 will do just fine. In latest games I use DLSS and older games run with ease. Apart from a select few games where I need to tweak settings a bit everything runs sweet.

Each to their own though. If you must have every slider on maximum on latest games like Dying Light 2 or Cyberpunk then your 3080 (I had one for quite a while) or gpugorilla’s 3090 won’t drive those at 4K either without DLSS.

If it was possible to drive 4K on a 3070 I wouldn't of sold my 3070 Ti and bought a 3080 for £1250. The fact of the matter is the 3070 & 3070 Ti are both 1440p cards. Turning down a slider or two just won't achieve satisfying results on a 3070 when compared to a 3080.

You should have got a 6700xt instead tna, it's got 12GB vram and can almost just about do 4k60 in FC 6 unlike the 3070, with no FSR as why would you want to use that... also, please just ignore every other game too and ignore the fact that the 3070 is only 19% faster on average across 50 games :cry:

:cry:

Can’t wait to upgrade my graphics card to something with 16gb vram. First thing I will rush out to buy and play is FC6. Been really missing out playing that… :p

If it was possible to drive 4K on a 3070 I wouldn't of sold my 3070 Ti and bought a 3080 for £1250. The fact of the matter is both the 3070 & 3070 Ti are 1440p cards.
Sure. If it makes you happy. What’s that got to do with me though? When I sold my 3080 for £1620 to CEX I could have easily got a 3090 but chose to go with a 3070 as that fit my needs better at the time. Later this year I will be on a 4070 anyway ;)

:cry:

Better than cp2077 though..... :o ;) :cry:
ROTFL!! :cry:

Back
Top Bottom