World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

I’m thinking the same tbh . I was super excited for it but now I’m edging towards the c2. Especially with ultrawide option in the menu.

Is the "...ultrawide option in the menu" what it sounds like, and if so do you know if you can shift the screen down (so all the "wasted screen" is at the top?)

If so I'm very tempted...Cheers

I think the color fringing is a bit exaggerated. But lets see in person.
Pretty clear in this:
https://www.thefpsreview.com/2022/0...-alienware-aw3423dw-samsung-qd-oled-monitors/

Guess we now know why Samsung put tech first into gamer product instead of bringing out 4K monitor panel.
Have to wonder if there's issue in scaling down size of those "filter's" QD patches, which prevents putting subpixels into normal RGB row pattern.
Can't be in OLED, because LG even crams that white subpixel as fourth into pattern.

Keep in mind cameras can cause fringing in images
Camera optics causes very different CA.
This is very non-standard RGB subpixel layout issue.

To be honest, the colour fringing doesn't look too much worse than on my AW3821DW. Excuse the potato quality phone photos, but there are clear red/blue fringes on these images (it is not at all visible from a normal distance):

3DujTVH.jpg

wcnrO4t.png

Last edited:
Guessing you are in the US if you have this already? Good to know you don't have any issues when using it for coding, it seems like it's very much down to the individual whether it's an issue, but the more people who report it isn't the better :)

Ya I'm in the US. I've had it for about a week now, ordered when the Dell listing first went up.

Ya totally overblown issue. I mean if you are working on spreadsheets all day this monitor probably isn't for you but otherwise it's easily the best gaming display.

People also have to remember this monitor at 175 Hz is easier to run than 4K at 120 Hz. And 120 Hz on OLED due to its super fast pixels looks too stuttery for me as I can make out the individual frames.

Last edited:
Ya totally overblown issue. I mean if you are working on spreadsheets all day this monitor probably isn't for you but otherwise it's easily the best gaming display.

People also have to remember this monitor at 175 Hz is easier to run than 4K at 120 Hz. And 120 Hz on OLED due to its super fast pixels looks too stuttery for me as I can make out the individual frames.

UFHnWdQ.png

Yeah unfortunately for me looking at it and if it is as easily visible as it appears to be then looking at these types of desktop workloads most the day doesn't work well.

Thinking buying my first UW monitor Alienware 34'' QD Oled so how much is it Dell UK price?
Will be just for gaming going by some youtube Vids it will look amazing, nice upgrade from my 5+yr old 27'' lcd 1440P monitor.

Need some new cool Steam edition 2.0 Wallpaper engine.

Last edited:
Thinking buying my first UW monitor Alienware 34'' Oled so how much is it Dell UK price?
Will be just for gaming going by some youtube Vids it will look amazing, nice upgrade from my 5yr old 27'' lcd 1440P monitor.

£1099 from Dell UK site. If you are Student then you can get 23% off. If you are NHS, Military, Teacher, Lecture or Dell Premium customer you can get I believe 20%% off.

£1099 from Dell UK site. If you are Student then you can get 23% off. If you are NHS, Military, Teacher, Lecture or Dell Premium customer you can get I believe 20%% off.

That's really cheap don't have any extra discounts though, so we're just waiting on Dell Uk to post the listing for it now.
Just have a 3060Ti FE but will upgrade sometime this year to 3080 or 4080.

Looked at the LG 42'' C2 but it's too big and overpriced, don't need another TV only need good PC gaming monitor.

Last edited:
That's really cheap don't have any extra discounts though, so we're just waiting on Dell Uk to post the listing for it now.

Yeah should be tomorrow sometime but we don't have a time for it to drop. Because of the lack of solid reviews from trusted sources I am holding out and will probably wait till like Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales and see where at then tbh.

If I can get 20-23% off this tomorrow, ie the code works, then I'll buy it. If its full price I'm going to forget about it and enjoy the sunshine instead.

If my current 34" Samsung died this would be at the top of my list to replace it. I can't really justify dropping near £1k when I have a decent working similarly sized/resolution (albeit much older) monitor already though as nice as the Alienware looks! Glad it's coming out though as I honestly wasn't sure what I'd buy if my current one failed whereas now I have an easy goto option!

UFHnWdQ.png

Yeah unfortunately for me looking at it and if it is as easily visible as it appears to be then looking at these types of desktop workloads most the day doesn't work well.
Any kind CAD work would be pretty much the worst case for these subpixel layout artefacts.
Oblique lines might keep fringing effect under control, but about vertical and especially horizontal lines emphasize it.

Anyway for that use you should be looking at 3840x2160 to have proper screen real estate.

To be honest, the colour fringing doesn't look too much worse than on my AW3821DW. Excuse the potato quality phone photos
Wish everyone had that good potatoes...

Any kind CAD work would be pretty much the worst case for these subpixel layout artefacts.
Oblique lines might keep fringing effect under control, but about vertical and especially horizontal lines emphasize it.

Anyway for that use you should be looking at 3840x2160 to have proper screen real estate.

Yeah tbh I would like a lovely 4k version but compromises. I only have room for one monitor to do work and play games etc so this is where am at. 3D rendering is the other half though and something that has OLED and the colour range would be nice for that side of it too tbh. But yeah the issue with pixel layout is really starting to worry me. I can't really be bothered with hassle of ordering to try it and then sending it back if it looks naff in honesty.

Yeah tbh I would like a lovely 4k version but compromises. I only have room for one monitor to do work and play games etc so this is where am at. 3D rendering is the other half though and something that has OLED and the colour range would be nice for that side of it too tbh. But yeah the issue with pixel layout is really starting to worry me. I can't really be bothered with hassle of ordering to try it and then sending it back if it looks naff in honesty.
Yeah the resolution was the only offputting thing for me, but I've had good HDR, and I've had Oled before, couldnt pass it up especially with a student discount and 5% cashback. I settled on getting this and keeping my LGgn50 on the side until a more perfect solution exists. With the discount I can just about afford to do so lol. Will be selling my two side screens though to soften the blow. I do a lot of work and triple 4k monitors is so useful but takes up a stupid amount of desk space.

Back
Top Bottom