World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

If my current 34" Samsung died this would be at the top of my list to replace it. I can't really justify dropping near £1k when I have a decent working similarly sized/resolution (albeit much older) monitor already though as nice as the Alienware looks! Glad it's coming out though as I honestly wasn't sure what I'd buy if my current one failed whereas now I have an easy goto option!
I am in a similar position myself. I cannot justify this when my 3418DW is doing just fine.

Yeah the resolution was the only offputting thing for me, but I've had good HDR, and I've had Oled before, couldnt pass it up especially with a student discount and 5% cashback. I settled on getting this and keeping my LGgn50 on the side until a more perfect solution exists. With the discount I can just about afford to do so lol. Will be selling my two side screens though to soften the blow. I do a lot of work and triple 4k monitors is so useful but takes up a stupid amount of desk space.

Yeah at the office we have 2 UP3321Q which are awesome but my home use is down to me as it my choice to work from home (not really considering fuel) but yeah have to compromise really. If anyone has one or getting one that feels like loading up some CAD work and that I would be interested in seeing how it looks.

Dammit.

No 20-23% student discount tomorrow.

None at all. There's 5% but doesn't apply to monitors.

Edit: it seems if you had a code before yesterday it still works. If you look on unidays or dell advantage now there's no code available.

Dammit.

No 20-23% student discount tomorrow.

None at all. There's 5% but doesn't apply to monitors.

Edit: it seems if you had a code before yesterday it still works. If you look on unidays or dell advantage now there's no code available.
Oh bummer. Probably doing yourself a favour anyways as these have turned out to be disappointing :p

Oh bummer. Probably doing yourself a favour anyways as these have turned out to be disappointing :p

Hmm it's still going to be better than any other monitor on the market. If I can get it for £840 tomorrow I will definitely go for it.

Hmm it's still going to be better than any other monitor on the market. If I can get it for £840 tomorrow I will definitely go for it.

Would buy two for that price, no rush to buy this monitor tomorrow as I'm not getting any discounts, still thinking 38 inch would be better size but not buying Lcd.

Last edited:
How can you be still interested to buy one after all the stuff that got uncovered from all the pro reviews so far?

PGQS24m55JjktI4-7HQ2TBpprkOmw2RWmB6dsSdUxA8.jpg

Not sure on this to replace the AW3821DW, I've also considered the PG35VQ as like the idea of reaching 200Hz.
Will only pull the trigger if I can get using a code.

Not sure on this to replace the AW3821DW, I've also considered the PG35VQ as like the idea of reaching 200Hz.
Will only pull the trigger if I can get using a code.

thisnis like half the price of the Asus

that's being the benefit of OLED for years now; they like half the price of top LCD competitors

In any case this Alienware is really a 144hz screen not 175hz. You can do 175 but then you sacrifice HDR quality so there is no point

Contrast at 100 in HDR instead of default of 75 actually fixes most shadow detail/near black issues.

Also if you set Win 11 scaling to 125% it also fixes a lot of the sub-pixels design text clarity issues. Granted it's not 4K 32" monitor clarity. I love this monitor.

Rushed to get mine ordered, no vouchers worked:

4UR4Smv.png

And price seems off...... Think I might cancel it.

EDIT:

Cancelled, not worth it at that price.

My delivery estimate was for next Monday too.

Looks like for you UK folks the advertised discount isn't being applied yet when you add it to the cart. Maybe the ad isn't completely updated in the system? Or maybe they are trying to get some early adopters ca$h first lol.

Looks like for you UK folks the advertised discount isn't being applied yet when you add it to the cart. Maybe the ad isn't completely updated in the system? Or maybe they are trying to get some early adopters ca$h first lol.

Yup seems it isn't "officially" launched.... Cancelled mine anyway, if it means losing out then so be it :p Order confirmed email came through not long after.

Will no doubt mess up the amex cashback deal somehow??? But hopefully with how good amex service is, they will correct that.

Got one came to £1,138 with a discount code! so just £39 over the price !! i ll dispute it later!! as the price states £1099 and so the discount was not added !! and
magically it goes up to £1423, but with the discount code with the original price it should have come to $879!!

Back
Top Bottom