World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Mine is still down as a confirmed order. So whoever gets theirs today, I expect lots of photos of it in use etc. So I can live vicariously through you to wipe away my tears of not being one of the first to receive one. :p

Lost in transit. Sorry guys.

Knowing my luck, the delivery driver will try every house with the same number down the street.

It is a very weird stree here with multiple terraces with the same numbering.

Good thing i am working from home today.

Mine is still down as a confirmed order. So whoever gets theirs today, I expect lots of photos of it in use etc. So I can live vicariously through you to wipe away my tears of not being one of the first to receive one. :p

Best i can do you is a picture of the box for now, not getting it out till after work. :D

I’m probably gonna cancel if they don’t come through with the 24/03 delivery date stated on the order, not really interested enough to let Dell sit on my money for an unknown number of weeks/months. Already got the PC hooked up to a CX55 if I want to do some OLED gaming anyway lol

I just chatted to dell and they said my order received at 8.08 will be shipped tomorrow morning.

I'd take a lot of what they say with a pinch of salt I think, my order from 08:05 still has no movement, and the guy I spoke to could offer no ETA except to say I should hear back within 24-48 hours with a new ETA.

I did point out that orders after mine were being shipped out, best they can do is 10% goodwill discount once received, which means price paid will be competitive (I didn't get the uber discounts originally so I paid £902).

£902 with 10% back should be about £810, then £100 back from Amex will make total price paid £710~.

Likely to be a wait though :(

My order was in at 8:07 confirmed at 8:11

Just been told the system hasn't updated the revised times yet but they are coming in the next 48 hours....

Pain. Could be a while as from what they said its literally not been made yet

To be honest that is in you.

If you have to use an overdraft to buy tech, you can't afford it.

I don't normally but as mentioned I just dropped £1.5k at Oak Furniture Land and I also dropped £6k cash on doors and windows. Should note I have no loans, no credit cards, no other line of credit because my overdraft is £3k and I use that as my line of credit if really need.

In a week I can afford to pay it off and it not be in overdraft and still have £1k disposable left. Just been a heavy month but thanks for being patronising.

Edit: and I brought it within 10mins cause I knew they would be hard to get hold of and not like waiting a week for cash was good because of the expected end April, May and now even June delivery being likely case.

Pretty sure there may be some people in the thread that accidentally ordered a couple if you dont mind paying list price and someone was a hero you could get one that was destined for return.
This could indeed be arranged :p

Got one coming hopefully tomorrow and another April 6th :D

This is where credit card comes in handy, earn points, get more discount, pay it back within 30days with no interest. Just make sure you pay it back within 30 days.

And better protection, from money back to fraud.
Yeah, that's why I always use a credit card. Don't actually use it as credit since I pay it off every month, but good for protection and sometimes get some rewards back.

Well i am not happy. I just had it turn up with quite a bit of water damage to the box.

I have gotten everything out of it to air. it appears that little to no water got into the interior of the thing. But i am not chancing turning it on for a while.

Looks like it got sat in a puddle or something.

20220323_104634.jpg

This is where credit card comes in handy, earn points, get more discount, pay it back within 30days with no interest. Just make sure you pay it back within 30 days.

And better protection, from money back to fraud.

I don't like credit cards myself. But I do get 2% cashback with my bank linked card so it would have covered the interest card and then some just fine. Normally I would just wait till next payday or two and build some cash up to be good. Just how it fell.

The bank already offers just fine fraud protection too tbh. But I wouldn't be able to get a credit card with enough balance to have brought this monitor anyways. Cash rich these days but a few years back thanks to bad tenants non paying and such I am not in great place for credit. Just save and buy as I need generally. The overdraft cost wasn't huge £6.40 or something and cashback was like £16.40 so was still happy to take that but not for no monitor delivered tomorrow.

Dam that sucks :/

I'd say if there is no sign of water ingress then the monitor inside is good. All that polystyrene will do a job of bouncing away water

Back
Top Bottom