World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Just in chat with Dell Customer Support:
"Unfortunately it looks like there is a slight delay due to supply constraints."
"The order is expected to ship today. In case if there is a delay and the order doesn't ship by end of the day today then revised dates will be updated on the order within 24-48hrs."
"We’re experiencing a higher than usual demand for this monitor. However, the manufacturing team is putting in all their efforts to ship the orders at the earliest."

More waiting to be expected then.

order placed 08:13
Still in confirmed, showing
Estimated ship date: Mar 23, 2022
Estimated arrival: Mar 24, 2022

Option to cancel has vanished overnight, not sure if thats a good sign or not!

order placed 08:13
Still in confirmed, showing
Estimated ship date: Mar 23, 2022
Estimated arrival: Mar 24, 2022

Option to cancel has vanished overnight, not sure if thats a good sign or not!
That's good sign - if it's greyed out it means it will dispatch in the next few hours

"We’re experiencing a higher than usual demand for this monitor. However, the manufacturing team is putting in all their efforts to ship the orders at the earliest."

I wonder what their "usual demand for this monitor" is considering it just released? :D Or, do they mean higher demand than EXPECTED - at which point, you have to slap management upside the head and remind them that it's a brilliant monitor for a reasonable price and the rest of the monitor market is a ******** of disappointment and stupid prices - demand was always going to be pretty high... lol

It’s just a stock line they throw out when something sells out. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

Why would you cancel to lose your place in the queue at a secured offer price £300 below RRP? It’s only a 4 week wait… bonkers. Have some patience people, some of the post are like watching a 5 year old on Christmas Eve looking at a pile of presents under the tree.

Meh, greyed out button is a good sign as it means it should go to shipped status based on my first order, mine isn't greyed out :(

Looking like I'll have to give scenario 1 a try! :D

Right bear with me, this is my thought process :D

Situation:

- full price one is due for delivery on Friday
- discounted one is still on confirmed with eta for 28th March

Scenario 1:

- when my full priced one arrives on Friday and the discounted one is still on confirmed status or/and has been pushed back

= will try to contact dell to see if they can provide all the discounts on the full priced one that has arrived in order to bring it down to the price of my discounted one i.e. £847 or cheaper if possible with the extra 5-10%..... and if all goes well/smoothly, then just cancel the order still waiting to be shipped

Job done.

I don't see why they can't/won't do this given they clearly can give people refunds without even needing to apply a code....

Scenario 2:

- when my full priced one arrives on Friday and if the discounted one ships between now and Friday, that means it will be just a couple of days till it arrives after the full priced one has arrived

= just return the full priced one rather than dealing with the faff of scenario 1

Job done.

It might take a week or so to get back to them and for your refund, but yeah, i've refused a dell delivery before after they doubled up an order.

If you speak to them tomorrow they might be able to get the driver to not deliver at all which might make the process quicker.

Just spoke to a Dell rep on the phone and they told me if I accept the parcel, they can arrange a pickup as long as I return within 14 days (i won't be charged for anything).

So that's good. I have 14 days to decide if I want to keep this monitor. I guess I forgot to ask if they accept open returns :P

Back
Top Bottom