World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Mine has reverted back to 23rd/24th, however its still not 'In production' yet. I have spoken to a support representative who said its still "expected" to ship today. I am not convinced.

I will pre-order an LG 42 C2 just in case.

**** show comes to mind.

I don't really understand how such a big company can't have stock management? Surely they should know how many they had to sell, put it in the system and then only allow that many people to purchase for thursday delivery.

I don't really understand how such a big company can't have stock management? Surely they should know how many they had to sell, put it in the system and then only allow that many people to purchase for thursday delivery.

And apparently there is a production process..

Tech works on the Just In Time model these days and especially with the pandemic this has stretch things 10 fold and not as good as it used to.

All their system are a mess. Email for cancel says takes up to 24hour, their website note states if it doesn't complete the cancel in 4h it will be dispatched still and will need to do a free return for refund :cry:

You think that, but it seems quite common for company’s to have extremely poor stock management. *cough OCUK 3000 series launch

Not only that they’ll be coming from China via sea in batches. A 4-6 week wait basically means they have just got on the boat and they are on their way.

I am sure a few more will get processed fine but I am in my overdraft (cause of previous mentioned furniture order) so that will cost me every day for no product till payday. If I had the product to use I wouldn't be bothered by that cost. I am not being overdrawn for 10 days for no reason.

You think that, but it seems quite common for company’s to have extremely poor stock management. *cough OCUK 3000 series launch
At least OCUK is smaller than them so they have slightly more of an excuse, lol. Was also somewhat unprecedented since previous GPU launches weren't such a disaster. Dell had the experience from the US launch of this monitor and still apparently botched it.
Tech works on the Just In Time model these days and especially with the pandemic this has stretch things 10 fold and not as good as it used to.
I don't really think that entirely excuses the lack of a information network when you're making said monitors yourself. It's not like they're selling another brands products. They should know that they've not got any more monitors in bound from say China or where ever they're manufacturing them for example.

I think the more honest answer is their company just isn't set up for it, In the past when I've had to speak to dell about some business orders it felt like the right arm doesn't know what the left is doing so to speak.

He literally said if the order hasn't gone into production now or the cancel button isn't greyed out it wont ship for 4-6 weeks.

Meh, mine is in the same status but still saying delivery estimate tomorrow. They must be just using a RNG to decide which orders to send out since I got mine in pretty early :(

Meh, mine is in the same status but still saying delivery estimate tomorrow. They must be just using a RNG to decide which orders to send out since I got mine in pretty early :(

Aye. My order confirm was 8.10am and they were like sorry it down to global shortages of parts 4-6 weeks. I was like what?

Edit: order cancelled confirmed so that was at least quick.

Dell makes overclockers 3000 series launch look good in comparison. At least Overclockers made a list that was mostly on a first come first serve basis.

Dell makes overclockers 3000 series launch look good in comparison. At least Overclockers made a list that was mostly on a first come first serve basis.
yeah after 3 or 4 months of customers complaining and little to no information been given. I still have not forgiven them for that absolute mess

I am sure a few more will get processed fine but I am in my overdraft (cause of previous mentioned furniture order) so that will cost me every day for no product till payday. If I had the product to use I wouldn't be bothered by that cost. I am not being overdrawn for 10 days for no reason.

To be honest that is in you.

If you have to use an overdraft to buy tech, you can't afford it.

Back
Top Bottom