*** World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth ***

Associate
Everything they do is to try and keep people playing longer and spending money, as much as it sucks for us the player.
Allied races is a cash grab, they could've done something like make it free for existing characters but you've got a whole paid system for that.. :(

Allied races are supposed to feel like an accomplishment when you unlock them, which is kind of the whole point of playing an MMO. You put in your time and effort and you get your reward and feel good about it. With the amount of regular content updates in Legion and no doubt in BFA, it's unfair to say Blizzard are cash grabbers. They keep the game relevant for 2 years which is amazing if you are not thinking of it in terms of subscriptions.

Soldato
I got really lucky on my warrior as I started to not enjoy the content and got a 355 str 2h weapon to drop. After that, put the rest of my gear to heroic level and now destroying groups of enemies with ease as arms. I haven't even started the mythic yet as I need people to play with! Horde side warrior if anyone fancies grouping up?

Permabanned
Just re-subbed for the first time in a few years. I never really got into WoW, but I'm going to try to level a hunter from scratch and see if I get get myself hooked. I think the best I did previously was about level 40 and never got into any of the social or group stuff so I'll see how I go and decided whether or not to buy the expansion later.
defo use the level skip, you'll never make it to the higher level content, which is actually much better quality.

Associate
Just started playing again after a six year break, got a druid up to level 24 so far. I played from around patch 2.1 to Firelands Cataclysm. I've gotten used to the changes to the talents/spell system and the level scaling but I was wondering what max-level/end-game content is like? I remember playing TBC and it being a challenge, towards the end of WotLK things got easy and then the start of Cata was a bit more challenging. Where does BfA content stand on difficulty?

Was also wondering if the Level 110 boost is refundable if you don't like the class like the level boost in SWTOR?

Last edited:
Associate
Just got my new blood elf mage to level 113 really enjoying the new game and the design not sure what the point of the war mode quests are can someone explain ?

Also I found that having my Multi sampler graphics at max settings x16 gives me better FPS than having x8 ?

I'm trying my best to get to level 120 as that is when the game starts apprantly still a long way to go as all my level gear is around 205 and I believe you need to get 350 level gear total to start doing all the level 120 hardcore dungeons.

Associate
Patiently waiting for M+, Warfronts and Raids now. Levelling a second toon but after all the additional things to do from Legion its hard to be left with just questing and PvP for a while, not counting the Mythics as that's 2 evenings work to get lockout across the 10.

I'm really hoping they reboot an old raid/dungeon like RTK to give us a 5 man extended dungeon. Loved that dungeon and the refresh on it was spectacular

- GP
when do these modes come out ?

Soldato
Yeah I think Warfronts arrive tomorrow, although I'm hearing that Alliance will get them first.

Both sides play concurrently, just with one attacking and one defending in the scenario, to my understanding. They should be open simultaneously but Alliance may be attacking first, unless I've really misunderstood it. This is all PvE ofcourse

- GP

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Both sides play concurrently, just with one attacking and one defending in the scenario, to my understanding. They should be open simultaneously but Alliance may be attacking first, unless I've really misunderstood it. This is all PvE ofcourse

- GP

Yeah that's how I understand it, Alliance will be attacking first so us Horde players will need to gather the resources etc.

Excited for tomorrow, going straight into Heroic. Should fare pretty well apart from a few bosses that look like a pain the ****. 345 item level currently.

Soldato
Yeah that's how I understand it, Alliance will be attacking first so us Horde players will need to gather the resources etc.

Excited for tomorrow, going straight into Heroic. Should fare pretty well apart from a few bosses that look like a pain the ****. 345 item level currently.

Yeah, not 100% exactly sure on how it works. I've read up but avoided some of the spoilers.

Currently 343, should sneak to 345 after crafting some new boots. Still trying to find good MH & OH daggers so I can swap to Sub :( Had about 5 or 6 340ilvl 1-handers but no daggers

- GP

Soldato
What tips can you give for a newbie healer? This is my first venture trying out a healer class but a little worried of doing any dungeons or anything :p. Any AddOns I need or anything to expect? Or even anyway to prepare me for dungeon healing?

Soldato

- GP
I know its out now but it hasn't been clarified here so I will do it. This is not how Warfronts work.

There are 2 phases which each side cycles through. After a cycle the roles swap I.E The first time it is Alliance as Side 1 and Horde as Side 2. Once the 2 phases are complete Horde become Side 1 and Alliance become Side 2

Phase 1

Side 1
-Have Portal to Warfront
-Can kill Warfront specfic world boss
-Can kill rares

Side 2
- Hand in resources to unlock scenario to attack Warfront and gain AP
- Can kill rares
- Have to make own way to Warfront

PHASE 2

Side 1
-Have Portal to Warfront
-Can kill Warfront specfic world boss
-Can kill rares

Side 2

- Complete Warfront Scenario for 340 hear and one off 370
- Can kill rares

Kelani has done a decent video that explains it in more detail with the issues surrounding it

Soldato
I'm tempted to give WoW a go. I'm trying the "free" version that allows up to level 20, how much game time is that, and is the character I use in that version transmissable to the full version? Do you have to pay nearly 50 quid for the complete edition or can you just pay the subscription and that suffices?

Associate
Level 20 is probably like 2-3 hours for a new player. You can keep the character. Just paying sub will get you up to level 100 or 110 or something. To unlock current content you need to buy BFA

Back
Top Bottom