***World of Warcraft : Warlords of Draenor***

Same 'ere, 6 left for me - got Vale to clear this evening mind :). Playing my Resto Shaman on Dentarg - first time this exp I've played Horde and I'm kinda enjoying it.. Most likely due to sheer boredom of having 3 geared Alliance characters :(

Yet to use my 90 boost. Still undecided on what I'm doing in WoD! Time is ticking..

The buff is staying until WoD release isnt it? I might actually crack on with it myself (assuming I get internets sorted) once they remove that damn valor portion. I detest that 3 week grind, just get bored and end up jumping to another character.....

Just had a look at pre-ordering the WoD upgrade and I really don't see the point in the extra cost for the Digital Deluxe edition. All that's relevant for WoW is a mount and a pet. Why would you want to pay an extra £15 for that?

I have D3 but a battle standard is largely useless, it gives you no buffs or additional anything within the game. If it gave you better magic find on the mobs killed under it then I could see it might be worth it, but it adds nothing but a cosmetic item.

The mind boggles.

I have all the Collectors Editions since vanilla WoW, I just like to keep the collection going :D

Well I picked up the Vanilla Collector's Edition because when it launched, WoW was a very big deal and I knew it was going to be big so wanted something to show for it. I loved the art book and other bits that you got with it, but after looking at what's in the WoD Collector's Edition I'm not all that fussed. Especially since I've just had a 3 year break from the game.

I'm coming back to the game as well.

Got a few level 90s but no idea where to go really.

I took a quest and have been ported to timeless Isle seems there is a bit going on there should I stick with this area?

I'm coming back to the game as well.

Got a few level 90s but no idea where to go really.

I took a quest and have been ported to timeless Isle seems there is a bit going on there should I stick with this area?

Well on being back myself, I've been using Timeless Isle for the chests with the random gear drops to get myself some decent gear for instances and PvP. It's actually quite an interesting place and a good place to be if you want fairly easy gear upgrades after hitting 90 but can't do the raids yet.

If you don't know already, the big rare elite mobs that spawn don't need you to be in a party to get the reward from the kill, you just need to do damage to them. And it's the same for the Celestials in the big court in the middle of the isle. Just tag them and do damage and you'll get rewarded when they're defeated. I only found this out yesterday, so I've gone for about a week with rare elite quests in my quest log that I could have handed in already!

Just had a look at pre-ordering the WoD upgrade and I really don't see the point in the extra cost for the Digital Deluxe edition. All that's relevant for WoW is a mount and a pet. Why would you want to pay an extra £15 for that?

I have D3 but a battle standard is largely useless, it gives you no buffs or additional anything within the game. If it gave you better magic find on the mobs killed under it then I could see it might be worth it, but it adds nothing but a cosmetic item.

The mind boggles.

Well it's a mount and a pet, some people collect them, especially if they won't be available outside of the Digital Deluxe edition, also £15 for a mount and a pet is fairly decent going by Blizz's usual shop prices.

Justice can be used to buy items that previously cost Valor. I think they are 489 - 496 item level. Possibly some 522 as well but I am not 100% sure.

Valor is really only used for upgrading your items now. I would save this for any SoO gear you might get.

Honor is still for PvP items, might be useful to buy a weapon as a slot filler if you don't have a decent one yet.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15...e-evolution-in-warlords-of-draenor-17-09-2014

Just read this article. Does anybody know if this means it'll be more beneficial upgrading my GPU rather than my CPU for WoD? With the release of the 9xx series from Nvidia the 970 looks really tempting; I was previously considering upgrading to an i7-4790k due to WoW being so CPU intensive but I'm not sure anymore.

The two I currently have are in my sig.

Justice can be used to buy items that previously cost Valor. I think they are 489 - 496 item level. Possibly some 522 as well but I am not 100% sure.

Valor is really only used for upgrading your items now. I would save this for any SoO gear you might get.

Honor is still for PvP items, might be useful to buy a weapon as a slot filler if you don't have a decent one yet.

Valor is also gone in 6.0 and I think they will give you gold depending on how much Valor you have at that time.

Hmm ok, is there anything I can spend them on and sell for gold?

What about Spirits of Harmony? I got about 80 or so.

Hmm ok, is there anything I can spend them on and sell for gold?

What about Spirits of Harmony? I got about 80 or so.

I'm not sure how much is gonna be given per point of Valor but IMO you should just keep Valor capped in case it's a decent amount.

Spirits of Harmony aren't worth much now, best you can do is swap them for Golden Lotuses, they sell for 20-30g each on my server atm, so you could potentially have 2-3k+ gold there.

What's the best way of making gold? Been doing dungeons and quests, selling loot but want a bigger way of selling in the auction house. I've been mining and smelting, then selling the bars which got me about 150g the other day.
It's server dependent.
On my server the best way of making gold is to take up tailoring and enchanting.
Make tons of greens with tailoring, disenchant them all and sell off the mats.
Also make and sell bags with tailoring.
Made roughly 30k in 2 weeks on my server, but that was when mats were in high demand, right now it has slowed right down because no one is collecting new gear.

Recently resubbed a few weeks ago. What's the best thing to do with max Justice, Valor and Honor points?

Just wanted to point out in case it's something you're into. You can use Justice Points to buy commendations for the wotlk reputations aswell, which apparently they're getting rid of in draenor (or at least the vendor doesn't sell them on PTR) so you might want to buy those if you don't have the reps but might want them in future.

They're pretty useless now. Most people just turn them in for 2 Golden Lotus

Depends, if you have professions they can be used to make some items worth a lot more than 2 golden lotus. Used mine on my transmute alchemist to make another Living Steel, for example, and on my JC to make the Jade pet and the Sapphire Cub which sell for about 500-700g on my realm at the minute.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom