***World of Warcraft : Warlords of Draenor***

What are you after the cloak for btw? Is it just for Ordos, or to say you've done it? Because Ordos won't require the cloak in 6.0.2 when that arrives.

Well it's pretty much essential if you want to raid at normal mode+ level, it's a significant dps increase for those roles, and it boosts ilvl a lot. Aside from that though, not much.

I need some bloody wrist slot items to bring my average ilevel up so i can do the SoO stuff! On 494 atm, and my current bracers are the only things letting me down. They're ilevel 445 stuff from a quest reward ffs, been really unlucky with Timeless Isle and dungeon/raid drops. (I have about 2 full sets of TI plate, that's how bad it is.)

I haven't even unlocked any from crafting Magnificent Hides :( Speaking of Magnificent Hides, reckon it's worth saving them all to craft the hunter 'Best-in-slot' legs? (Gorge Stalker iirc). Would I get use out of them come WoD, or would I be better off saving Magnificent Hides for making WoD stuff, if there is any?

I need some bloody wrist slot items to bring my average ilevel up so i can do the SoO stuff! On 494 atm, and my current bracers are the only things letting me down. They're ilevel 445 stuff from a quest reward ffs, been really unlucky with Timeless Isle and dungeon/raid drops. (I have about 2 full sets of TI plate, that's how bad it is.)

I haven't even unlocked any from crafting Magnificent Hides :( Speaking of Magnificent Hides, reckon it's worth saving them all to craft the hunter 'Best-in-slot' legs? (Gorge Stalker iirc). Would I get use out of them come WoD, or would I be better off saving Magnificent Hides for making WoD stuff, if there is any?

Plate/mail/leather/cloth?

I'm guessing leather, just buy a pair of i476 crafted pvp bracers from the AH, don't even need to equip them just have them in your bags and it will contribute to your iLevel, then when you get some shiny new bracers put the pvp ones back on aH.

Last edited:

I've always been under the impression WoW is far more CPU intensive than GPU so my first instinct would be CPU. Having said that though I'm not sure how much difference a GPU has now with the updated graphics WoW is running, especially in WoD.

Plus the 2500k is still awesome so perhaps you'd be best off overclocking that if you haven't and treating yourself to the new GPU. Best of both worlds that way.

WoD has significantly improved CPU utilization (can load all cores on an FX-8) which means now the game isn't CPU bound they can bump up the GFX, it's rumoured that SSAA will be added in the near future as MSAA has been removed and FXAA/CMAA added instead (giving low/medium AA but no high option).

Plate/mail/leather/cloth?

I'm guessing leather, just buy a pair of i476 crafted pvp bracers from the AH, don't even need to equip them just have them in your bags and it will contribute to your iLevel, then when you get some shiny new bracers put the pvp ones back on aH.

Mail. Every time I've checked the AH, it's been bare of anything above 450 :/ Must just be the server.

Never knew that about stuff in the bags contributing to ilevel though, that;s interesting.

Has to be something you can equip, and I think it has to be the correct armour type too.

Also if you farm like 1250 honor points you can buy the epic PVP bracers which are over 500 iLevel, you can do that in like 5 games or so if your lucky.

Last edited:
Has to be something you can equip, and I think it has to be the correct armour type too.

Also if you farm like 1250 honor points you can buy the epic PVP bracers which are over 500 iLevel, you can do that in like 5 games or so if your lucky.

I thought that last night too. I did 3 games in Temple and lost every single one, I was awful; kept getting pretty much insta-gibbed. I don't think I can do PvP :p

God help me when the requirement to win two matches comes round in the Cloak quest chain. :o

I thought that last night too. I did 3 games in Temple and lost every single one, I was awful; kept getting pretty much insta-gibbed. I don't think I can do PvP :p

God help me when the requirement to win two matches comes round in the Cloak quest chain. :o

You could try and wait for the weekend and chain queue for the weekend BG for the bonus honour /shrug

I know they dropped the scroll of resurrection ages ago, is there anything equivalent these days? It's been a while since I last subbed (Shortly after cataclysm) and I'd like to pop back in and see how everything is, but if there are any bonus offers that make it a better deal/give people free time then it would be silly not to take advantage!

I know they dropped the scroll of resurrection ages ago, is there anything equivalent these days? It's been a while since I last subbed (Shortly after cataclysm) and I'd like to pop back in and see how everything is, but if there are any bonus offers that make it a better deal/give people free time then it would be silly not to take advantage!

I was just thinking the same thing, I want to see if the spark is still there, Good ol' world of warcrack :D

Its not a great time to dive back into it at the moment as the imminent patch is going to reduce all the characters power to that of a cata character anyway. If you want to join in the fun again, I'd wait for the new patch, resub and get use to the new changes (like everyone else has to) and then decide if you want to buy WOD or not, which comes with a lv 90 boost as standard. If you want to see content in mists now though and actually experience it, you need to be quick!

Its not a great time to dive back into it at the moment as the imminent patch is going to reduce all the characters power to that of a cata character anyway. If you want to join in the fun again, I'd wait for the new patch, resub and get use to the new changes (like everyone else has to) and then decide if you want to buy WOD or not, which comes with a lv 90 boost as standard. If you want to see content in mists now though and actually experience it, you need to be quick!

From what I've read though, the stat squish will still be relative. It'll still be the same damages relative to enemy HPs, just that the numbers for everything are smaller.

Needed to be done though, I know they were starting to run into issues where values like health on bosses could be that high that they were breaking the code.

From what I've read though, the stat squish will still be relative. It'll still be the same damages relative to enemy HPs, just that the numbers for everything are smaller.

Needed to be done though, I know they were starting to run into issues where values like health on bosses could be that high that they were breaking the code.

It is relative yeah, but the removal of a lot of abilities from each class is game changing. Annoys me that they think going far more simple (aka boring) in approach will make the game more enjoyable.

I quit in 2010, but now done the unspeakable and resubbed a few weeks ago!! It turned out that I didn't have to purchase Cata - just had to buy Mists, and bought Warlords at the same time for the freebie level 90 boost. My main was an 80 warlock, so boosted that to 90 which also maxed out my tailoring/enchanting professions to 600. The boost also portalled me to the Pandaren equivalent to Shattrath in that it has portals to all of the major cities. Did the questline for Timeless Isle. As expected, epics are handed out on a plate as I'm ilevel 529 now.

Just grinding it out now to get more burden of eternities. Got 5 so far - 1 from a chest, 1 as a quest reward, 2 dropped from random mobs and 1 from that cave full of treasure boxes (obviously a bit of a gamble there). Apart from that, I'm playing the stock market game on the AH and got my gold to 21k now. Problem is, that 21k sounds a lot, but everything available on the AH is inferior to what I have, so I can't buy anything with the goddamn gold lol.

I haven't done any new instances yet. I'm well versed with vanilla and to a lesser extent Burning Crusade, but I get the impression that pugs are very strict now and not 'newbie'-friendly. Make one mistake and they vote-kick you etc.

To be honest - just do the heroics, they're much different than back in the day. Any mistake you make is going to mean that you might go down to 80% health, the heroics are that easy. Especially in 529 gear.

Even if you do LFR you'll do more DPS than most because you're probably not an idiot. Just jump in and have fun.

Also save your gold, valor is being removed and gold will be used to buy gear from vendor's in WoD, so making sure you have a good pile of gold for the release is a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom