***World of Warcraft : Warlords of Draenor***

Well it sort of does when they add additional levels. I think they want to keep the time to reach level cap relatively constant when they add additional levels so they balance this by bossting XP gains across the board... Recently took a character through 80-85 and didnt even have to finish the second zone to get to L85.

From what I've seen 90-100 is quicker than 85-90, so it's quite a big decrease considering 5vs10 levels.

for me i didnt find 90-100 that quick, thats mainly because the game tends to want to send you back to your garrison to play minigames every 30mins - 1 hr depending on how long the follower missions are.

The xp gained from follower missions is for your followers however you pretty much get xp from everything else you do in your garrison.

For me it seems to be about 50quests per level without looms in the beta which seems fine.

Ive took 3 toons from 90-100 so far during the different builds and the most recent if you follow the dark portal chain in blasted lands before you complete the WOD intro chain then your 91 shortly after you build your garrison, probably well before that if you run LFD.

Really pleased that they are having the 10th anniverdsary events up for a good while
The 10-year anniversary celebration will begin in-game on Friday, November 21 and will last until Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 10 a.m. PST. Everyone who logs in during this time period will receive the incredibly cuddly, feisty, and fiery new Molten Corgi to love, pet, and call their own. You’ll also be able to participate in a pair of special events to commemorate the occasion.

Have mixed feelings about the beta. If im going to enjoy WOD fully i really need to find a guild and be doing some raiding. Theres a load of stuff to do solo in the game and the garrison will be a nice diversion but long term i will not last unless im doing some end game stuff.

nah the one with the authenticator is a mini corehound. The molten corgi is just that a corgi :p

urifn.jpg

Theres also a corehound mount that you get for completing the 10th anniversary achieve along with the 100v100 bg

for me i didnt find 90-100 that quick, thats mainly because the game tends to want to send you back to your garrison to play minigames every 30mins - 1 hr depending on how long the follower missions are.

I dunno, I haven't done it personally, but I've seen streamers do it in 10-11 hours which seems pretty fast to me.

Well, wrapping up all of the main zone quests in Pandaria, save for the ones that need revered/exalted with the Klaxxi and the quests in Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

I know that the end-game Siege stuff involves the Paragons from the Klaxxi; do I need to have wakened all of the Paragons before this? And once it's done, is there still Klaxxi to buy rep awards from?

Think I'll have a crack at the epic cloak as well, just so I can say I've done it. How hard will this be with using LFR (since I'm not in an active raiding guild at the moment). And would it be worth stopping at the 3000 Valor points stage of the questline until patch 6.0 comes out, as this removes the requirement?

I managed to get my main to level 90, and I've been going around Timeless Isle for a bit picking up gear for myself and alts. Should I keep doing that or level my DK, Priest and Druid up to level 90 as well ready for WoD? I was thinking about perhaps doing the dailies around Timeless Isle on my Rogue and then switching to an alt to level that up for a bit? I don't have time for raids etc, and I'll mainly do PvP BGs etc when my gear is a bit better but I'm not sure what the best use of my time is right now. What do you guys suggest?

You don't need to do any quests to fight the Klaxxi, and they are still in the dread wastes. However you will be able to follow the story better if you reach exhaulted with them. The dreads waste quest line is going back to 5.0 so months in the past compared to patch 5.4.

I would just continue with legendary now it's easy if a grind to get.

completely up to you really, i found the timeless isle very boring, the loot that drops from it will be upgraded instantly by WOD greens.

If you enjoy the exploration side of it and want to get the rep etc then id stay there, but personally id be levelling another alt rather than spend time on timewaste isle :p

I just came back to WOW after playing since TBC through WOTLK. My 11yo daughter wanted to give it a go and we are in some competition to level new chars. I have a number of characters that I parked up at lvl 85 when I finally realised how much time I was wasting on the game! It had become more like a second job in order to keep up with raiding etc.

She is levelling a Rogue and I have rolled a Monk which is specced Brewmaster. Its quite good fun again but I know nothing about what WOD brings or MOP for that matter. Loads of the vanilla content seems to have been updated - at least the Random Dungeon element as it has had me running Dire Mall and Scholomance for the first time ever!

Not sure if I will reactivate my original account. I think it'll depend on how interested my daughter gets.

Just had a go on the PTR as a priest and whilst the new character models are really nice, as are the animations, the removal of abilities and change in core gameplay is quite hard to swallow. I enjoyed healing the most in TBC through to MOP, as vanilla was so damn boring due to the lack of abilities (heal rank 4 spamming, that's it). I can't but think that WOD is trying to return healing to vanilla gameplay, which is a terrible move if my gut feeling is correct!

Not tried my warrior yet, but not enjoying priest at all :(

Well, as a further to my aspirations of getting the epic cloak, I've now just found out I've got all of the Landfall quests and so on to do. Grinding with the Dominance Offensive, yay :( No pretty cloak for me.

Well, as a further to my aspirations of getting the epic cloak, I've now just found out I've got all of the Landfall quests and so on to do. Grinding with the Dominance Offensive, yay :( No pretty cloak for me.

Well you don't need to do them for the epic cloak, they were just the 5.1 Dalies that opened, bar a nice mount when you get exaulted and some nice 1 person scenarios you do not need to do them for the cloak. All you need to do for the cloak is collect a load of different things from LFR, do some PVP, kill a boss in Karasang wilds, and some more 1 person scenarios.

Well you don't need to do them for the epic cloak, they were just the 5.1 Dalies that opened, bar a nice mount when you get exaulted and some nice 1 person scenarios you do not need to do them for the cloak. All you need to do for the cloak is collect a load of different things from LFR, do some PVP, kill a boss in Karasang wilds, and some more 1 person scenarios.

Do those quests not open up all of the raids though? I know you need to grind the dailies to get rep so you can play the 'proper' quests. I only have like, 2 raids unlocked.

Ooooh, ok, That makes sense, my iLvl is 470 at the moment. Opened all the TI chests, but still missing decent head, chest and wrist items, as well as a better weapon. Those four are really dragging me doing (all around 450).

Just keep killing rares on the Timeless Isle, you'll eventually get everything but the weapon, once you can do Throne of Thunder that will help a bit too.

Pick up a PvP weapon, you can get what you need for 3500 honor or there abouts, which you can knock out in a weekend (or a day if lucky with BG queues). There is also the 463 weapon quest reward from the Arena of Annihilation Scenario.

Dont forget you can get a 489 ring and a 489 trinket for appox 3000 JP from a few vendors (Kirin Tor quartermaster and Dommination Offensive quartermaster) - also try the JP/VP vendors in Townlong Steppes for peices your missing to get you into LFR raiding ToT and SoO.

Back
Top Bottom