***World of Warcraft : Warlords of Draenor***

I've always been under the impression WoW is far more CPU intensive than GPU so my first instinct would be CPU. Having said that though I'm not sure how much difference a GPU has now with the updated graphics WoW is running, especially in WoD.

Plus the 2500k is still awesome so perhaps you'd be best off overclocking that if you haven't and treating yourself to the new GPU. Best of both worlds that way.

Just wanted to point out in case it's something you're into. You can use Justice Points to buy commendations for the wotlk reputations aswell, which apparently they're getting rid of in draenor (or at least the vendor doesn't sell them on PTR) so you might want to buy those if you don't have the reps but might want them in future.

Where do I go for this? I like my achievements so this might help.

if it's the 2500k, then i dont think you've got anything to worry about. If its overclocked, that should still last you years to come.

Unfortunately it's locked. I've heard they're still overclockable, just never really gave it a go since I've always had a stock cooler which was recently replaced, although it's still only a Raijintek Aidos.

Where do I go for this? I like my achievements so this might help.

http://wowpedia.org/Northrend_Badges

Dalaran vendors. Argent Crusade, Ebon Blade, Kirin Tor, Sons of Hodir and Wyrmrest. Good for a couple of mounts too although you'll need to do the sons of Hodir questline to actually speak and talk to the giants. If you do what I did and just buy extra commendations to go from hated to exalted you can't actually talk to them and I'm not sure if it properly registers for achievements (might do tho, will have to look that up if you want to go for any just to be sure).

Unfortunately it's locked. I've heard they're still overclockable, just never really gave it a go since I've always had a stock cooler which was recently replaced, although it's still only a Raijintek Aidos.

well, its still a great cpu. Wait till WoD comes, if you feel its struggling, replace. if not, hold on. if you can push a few more Mhz's then even better!

Yeah, whatever you do be sure you do it this week, otherwise it's an extra week for the valor part.

Yeah, I know. Even though the Valor requirement is being removed with 6.0.2, if I waited until then it's just make the timing wayyy too tight until the WoD release.

Edit: Now I just need the gun to drop from Lei on Terrace so I can finally move from this 450 ilvl crossbow. Here's to hoping it drops the same time I do the quest tonight eh? Probably not :p Also working on getting exalted with the Klaxxi for their gun and also farming Timeless Coins for the weapon from there, so hopefully I won't have the 450 weapon for much longer.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know. Even though the Valor requirement is being removed with 6.0.2, if I waited until then it's just make the timing wayyy too tight until the WoD release.

Edit: Now I just need the gun to drop from Lei on Terrace so I can finally move from this 450 ilvl crossbow. Here's to hoping it drops the same time I do the quest tonight eh? Probably not :p Also working on getting exalted with the Klaxxi for their gun and also farming Timeless Coins for the weapon from there, so hopefully I won't have the 450 weapon for much longer.

Yeah you could wait but the valor part is easy and 6.0.2 could be longer than 3 weeks away.

Didn't get the gun off Lei Shei last night :( Even though I'm almost at Exalted with the Klaxxi now (to get their gun), I think I'll still aim to get the drop anyway, just so I have something to put the gem into and then leave it in my bank as a record of my travels :p

That said, I'm not sure how the stats of the Sha-Touched gun with the gem would stack up against the Exalted rep Klaxxi gun. Will have to check tonight. +500 Agi is nothing to be sniffed at.

Last edited:
What are you after the cloak for btw? Is it just for Ordos, or to say you've done it? Because Ordos won't require the cloak in 6.0.2 when that arrives.

Just to say I've done it really, and the pretty looks. No clue what Ordos is.

Don't think I've ever had a legendary item in WoW yet, so I thought I might as well go for it in what time we have left before WoD hits. Only got MoP about a month ago :p

New WoD system requirements announced, my favourite bit:

Minimum System Requirements:

Mac:
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or ATI Radeon HD 4850

Recommended Specifications:

Mac:
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M or ATI Radeon HD 6750M or better

Somebody may wanna tell them a 4850 beats a 6750M! :P

Back
Top Bottom