***World of Warcraft : Warlords of Draenor***

Thanks Benny as well. I'm now up to 24k gold after tonight's stock market session :-)

I also kinda figured out that gathering professions are pointless. My priest alt had herbology + alchemy which is the combo you use for making potions. However, I have now replaced herbology with inscriptions. Since both alchemy and inscription use the same base materials, I just raided the AH for herbs and managed to get both professions up to 180 in 2 hours at the expense of 300 gold.

Thanks Benny as well. I'm now up to 24k gold after tonight's stock market session :-)

I also kinda figured out that gathering professions are pointless. My priest alt had herbology + alchemy which is the combo you use for making potions. However, I have now replaced herbology with inscriptions. Since both alchemy and inscription use the same base materials, I just raided the AH for herbs and managed to get both professions up to 180 in 2 hours at the expense of 300 gold.

Hold of leveling Profs. When WoD launches, leveling proffs is much easier and thus cheaper.

Depends on whether you want the 90 boost now or on release. I bought it from the Blizzard EU store for £34.99. I thought this was a fairly reasonable price given that I have just returned to the game and wanted the boost for one of my level 11 characters so I could play them now.

Looking at www.find-games.co.uk it reckons that Amazon is cheapest at the moment at £27.99.

Normally I'd be really looking forward to a WOW expansion but after playing the Beta I was so disappointed, I didn't think they could mess it up any more than they did with MOP but I was wrong :( this could be and probably will be the first expansion I'll not get.

Normally I'd be really looking forward to a WOW expansion but after playing the Beta I was so disappointed, I didn't think they could mess it up any more than they did with MOP but I was wrong :( this could be and probably will be the first expansion I'll not get.

Same, but I've already bought WOD. Suppose I'll jump in and see what the refined 6.0 WOD patch is like, but at the moment I'm not really pleased with the direction they've taken.

Could you elaborate why? I was considering getting but i'm not sure WoD will be as grand as it's made out to be, something that really puts me off is only six dungeons on release. I want the heroics to butt-rape us akin to BC, but if it's anything like MoP then I imagine it won't hold out for long.

Could you elaborate why? I was considering getting but i'm not sure WoD will be as grand as it's made out to be, something that really puts me off is only six dungeons on release. I want the heroics to butt-rape us akin to BC, but if it's anything like MoP then I imagine it won't hold out for long.

Blizzard are catering to the mass casuals, I doubt we will ever get heroics like TBC ever again.

Blizzard are catering to the mass casuals, I doubt we will ever get heroics like TBC ever again.

Dungeons in WoD are meant to be somewhere between TBC and Cata difficulty, nowhere near as faceroll as they are in MoP. As in it will be possible to wipe if you don't know tactics etc.

Oh and Pawnless Endgame, I pugged the whole of flex and normal mode without being in a raiding guild on 5 characters. As long as you pull your weight, and know tactics nobody should moan too much. You can also make your own groups too, especially using the addon 'oqueue'. Google it and manually install, you can find groups for ANYTHING in the game using people from every EU realm who also have this addon.

The catering to casuals is nothing specific to this expansion. I also find it amusing that some of the people who use this old argument haven't even cleared all the current raid content on heroic. Perhaps learning to walk before running could be applied here.

Dungeons in WoD are meant to be somewhere between TBC and Cata difficulty, nowhere near as faceroll as they are in MoP. As in it will be possible to wipe if you don't know tactics etc.

Oh and Pawnless Endgame, I pugged the whole of flex and normal mode without being in a raiding guild on 5 characters. As long as you pull your weight, and know tactics nobody should moan too much. You can also make your own groups too, especially using the addon 'oqueue'. Google it and manually install, you can find groups for ANYTHING in the game using people from every EU realm who also have this addon.

OQueue really has kept me interested in WoW since I returned 3 months ago after not playing since the end of Cata. None of my friends play anymore (except my missus) and none of my old raiding buddies from vanilla to WotLK and yet I have managed to PUG all of flexi and got into some 10man normal runs on SoO thanks to OQueue.

I really found the flexi difficulty ideal for me, it's perfectly PUGable but not a complete faceroll like LFR as it actually requires you to know the tactics and pull your weight.

Hopefully it will remain as useful in WoD to keep me in the casual raiding scene.

The catering to casuals is nothing specific to this expansion. I also find it amusing that some of the people who use this old argument haven't even cleared all the current raid content on heroic. Perhaps learning to walk before running could be applied here.

While I get what you're saying, when I said casuals, I didn't mean every single casual player, it was more towards the type of player's that can't even learn a simple rotation/won't take the time to learn the basics of there class. There are a lot of people like that playing the game and there usually the 1's whining on the forum 24/7 about how things are too hard etc.

I myself haven't even started Heroic Raiding this Expansion, having only killed Garrosh normal with my guild 2 weeks ago.

While I get what you're saying, when I said casuals, I didn't mean every single casual player, it was more towards the type of player's that can't even learn a simple rotation/won't take the time to learn the basics of there class. There are a lot of people like that playing the game and there usually the 1's whining on the forum 24/7 about how things are too hard etc.

I myself haven't even started Heroic Raiding this Expansion, having only killed Garrosh normal with my guild 2 weeks ago.

I hear you. I am a casual raider, I currently do Flex with some guildies twice a week. I think variable difficulty is always the best option and tbh I thought they had some new hard modes for WoD?
I certainly have no current qualms with it based on how I play.

Back
Top Bottom