X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

Im loving my Nova Raider atm, with 2 Nova Raider wingmen its damn easy taking out Osprays, Centaurs & Xenon P's in a matter of seconds and pretty much any figher I come up against.

Anyone uses a TM as a cheap starting carrier? Got any experiences with them? I am tempted to get either argon or boron one to carry a contingent of M3's. What sort of M3's do I need to look at to take out M6's? Was thinking of 4 Eclipses. But got ~8mil, so can buy an M6, but seems a bit of a waste perhaps as I won't be able to equips it well enough?

Anyone uses a TM as a cheap starting carrier? Got any experiences with them? I am tempted to get either argon or boron one to carry a contingent of M3's. What sort of M3's do I need to look at to take out M6's? Was thinking of 4 Eclipses. But got ~8mil, so can buy an M6, but seems a bit of a waste perhaps as I won't be able to equips it well enough?

Eclipses are good but im always put off by the top speed, i think a usable fighter needs to be fast >200 preferred but i will accept the 190 of the nova raider.
Any M3 armed with PBG's should make mincemeat of any m6.

Jeebus christ, I take everything back that I said about this game not being buggy... Who on earth tested it if at all. The goner protection missions, how on earth are you meant to do them, the bloody things spawn mostly in the middle of sectors with M6's killing them, there's no way anything not even a kestrel (which is quiet useless against M6's anyway) can get to the goner ship in time... What on earth were they thinking?

Jeebus christ, I take everything back that I said about this game not being buggy... Who on earth tested it if at all. The goner protection missions, how on earth are you meant to do them, the bloody things spawn mostly in the middle of sectors with M6's killing them, there's no way anything not even a kestrel (which is quiet useless against M6's anyway) can get to the goner ship in time... What on earth were they thinking?

i think most of the plots are bugged in some way best not to do them untill v1.3 is released.

Must admit the beta testers realy failed this time, i forgive them for the bugs in X3:R on release that was the publishers fault they forced them to realease early.

Yeah think Il put this on the "wait until a magic make everything better button is here" pile. On the positive side, I did get a lot of practice with sector invasion strategies which would help me later on when I decide to rule the galaxy mwahahaha :D.

So far I just jump into a system in a pleco with a couple M3's, drop a few laser towers (almost free from my laser tower factory, only need energy) to guard my pleco and fly around in an advanced something or other, some boron abandoned m3 throwing hundreds of "free" wasp missiles into M6's.

Yeah think Il put this on the "wait until a magic make everything better button is here" pile. On the positive side, I did get a lot of practice with sector invasion strategies which would help me later on when I decide to rule the galaxy mwahahaha :D.

So far I just jump into a system in a pleco with a couple M3's, drop a few laser towers (almost free from my laser tower factory, only need energy) to guard my pleco and fly around in an advanced something or other, some boron abandoned m3 throwing hundreds of "free" wasp missiles into M6's.

that would be an advanced baracuda :cool:

Yeah that one, its not bad, but I did find lack of a rear turret annoying when faced with a few missiles flung at me. How do I go about finding a Venti? Don't see it in any shipyards nor is it a free ship.

Yeah that one, its not bad, but I did find lack of a rear turret annoying when faced with a few missiles flung at me. How do I go about finding a Venti? Don't see it in any shipyards nor is it a free ship.

The Venti is a otas ship you can get it from the otas shipyard in Ledgends Home

hopefully somebody can answer me this

when building a complex do I need to buy a construction kit for each factory I am adding?

Assuming you mean the complex connector kits or whatever they're called - I haven't played this game for a bit, but IIRC, for n factories you need (n-1) kits, so for example for an 8-factory complex, you need 7 kits.

The first kit connects factories 1 and 2 and positions the hub. The second kit connects factory 3 to the first 2. The third kit connects factory 4 to the first 3, and so on.

Assuming you mean the complex connector kits or whatever they're called - I haven't played this game for a bit, but IIRC, for n factories you need (n-1) kits, so for example for an 8-factory complex, you need 7 kits.

The first kit connects factories 1 and 2 and positions the hub. The second kit connects factory 3 to the first 2. The third kit connects factory 4 to the first 3, and so on.

ahh right, thanks for that

:D :D :D 1.3 is finally here i can now continue the plots

bad news is im away all weekend and wont be able to play a single min of it :(

What do you guys think of my planned "Self Sustaining Weapons Megaplex"

2x Ion Cannon forge's
3x PPC forge's
3x Tomahawk Missile fab's
2x Hammer Heavy Torpedo fab's
2x flail missile fab's
5x Bofu chemical fab (L)
5x bio gas (L)
3x ore mine (L)