X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

so whats everyone's thoughts of the latest patch, solved things, made it worse, made no difference?

ill post my thoughts about the patch once ive had a chance to try it, been away all weekend.

Didn't see any fixes to universe traders in the patch notes so unless it was a stealth fix it won't get me playing again as that was really putting a spanner in the works of my trading empire I was building up. No fun constantly sending ships out of cahoona bakerys that they got stuck in.

Donno, for me it seems that the video card is the bottleneck, I got a 2.3ghz dual core amd, 2gig of ram and a random radeon, think its something like 1950 if that means anything to anyone.

It may be that my video drivers are crappy, did try updating them but can't remember what happened. Although this is the only game that is like that, and others work perfectly fine...

Well last night it finally decided to update itself, and then I remembered how badly it runs :(

ive still not had a chance to try the patch (way to much work ATM), but a lot of people have said it can take awhile for the patch to show any improvements. Try leaving the game in seta mode for awhile and it should improve a lot

How will my PC handle this game?

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.13 Ghz - this game likes fast processor over clock more:cool:
2 GB Memory - this game is a memory hog 2gb is enough but more is recomended
Nvidia 7950 GT 256 MB - it would run the game on low settings
XP Home SP3

my system runs the game reasonably well, i do get some slow down but its always playable

C2D @ 2.8Ghz
2gb ram
ATI 4850
XP

Last edited:
What I really wish it would have is more video settings, just to see how well it would run with everything on minimum, even perhaps draw distance, I don't need to see things outside my firing range ;).

Edit: Oh and that was a new game that was just as slow :(
Removing rocks seems to help a lot but in huge fights I still cannot handle things :(

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.13 Ghz - this game likes fast processor over clock more:cool:
2 GB Memory - this game is a memory hog 2gb is enough but more is recomended
Nvidia 7950 GT 256 MB - it would run the game on low settings
XP Home SP3

my system runs the game reasonably well, i do get some slow down but its always playable

C2D @ 2.8Ghz
2gb ram
ATI 4850
XP

I'd love to clock my CPU but I'm lumbered with a crappy motherboard with zero overclocking capablity.:(
Would upgrading the video card to an ATI 4850 make much of a difference?

Did anyone dl the 100k draw distance mod?

[MOD] Add 100k to Draw Distance - can kill performance but makes things more realistic

this one?

the link is dead it;s been removed from filefront.

could someone who dowloaded it send me it on msn please or reupload?

Back
Top Bottom