X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

Yes, get ready for a steep learning curve but once you're through that, you'll be into one of the most expansive and enjoyable games (after adding mods/scripts) ever made IMO.

Enjoy and getting the graphics settings cranked up!

As long as you get past the steep learning curve you will be fine, visit the egosoft forums lots of help and even a few beginer guides.

If you get stuck just ask.

Cheers guys. :)

I didn't get much of a chance to play it last night, so I'm sure I've only scratched the surface.

I've done all the basic flying around training and started on this patrol mission. Flown to a couple of different places and shot a few AGI (if I remember right) so far.

I've found the combat a little tricky, but I'm guessing it's probably half getting used to it, and half being in a dog of a ship at the start? (Or maybe all getting used to it!)

I've only really had a quick gaze at trading and stuff, but I've not really had enough money to buy anything. Presumably I get a nice wedge of cash at the end of this patrol mission? :)

Last edited:
Cheers guys. :)

I've only really had a quick gaze at trading and stuff, but I've not really had enough money to buy anything. Presumably I get a nice wedge of cash at the end of this patrol mission? :)

Unlikely, but what you may have is a few ships and one that will allow you to trade. Once you have a capable ship, trade energy cells to get a bit of cash/rep with races. You may have to fly it yourself rather than remote trade, until you can afford the equipment that makes it easier to remote trade. SETA x 10 is your friend ;)

Unlikely, but what you may have is a few ships and one that will allow you to trade. Once you have a capable ship, trade energy cells to get a bit of cash/rep with races. You may have to fly it yourself rather than remote trade, until you can afford the equipment that makes it easier to remote trade. SETA x 10 is your friend ;)

Sounds good. :)

How do you set SETA to go to 10x speed? I could only go to 600%. :confused:

Presumably it's some kind of performance setting in the options?

options>gameplay.

be warned the faster you push the game without the cpu to back it up the more odd things can happen such as AI troubles auto navigation missing steps etc.

if it gets stuttery under seta just knock it back a little.

the game should really have been multicore, now dont mind me ive got a few more xenon sectors to clear in my ray.

Just a quick question : anyone have any joy with wingmen ? Mine are guaranteed to die at some point - frustratingly not through combat, but because they've smashed into an asteroid or space station when docking.

I love this game, but I'm thinking that the AI on wingmen/formations is bugged. Looks like solo flying for me from hereon ....

The AI has a whole is very weak, and gets weaker the more that goes on due to the way the game uses the cpu. under light load they shouldn't crash that much.

i simply dont use wingman that often as they are a waste of time and money, especially considering that many enemies are equipped with weapons that can smash small ships.

on the odd occasion i use a carrier i use a mix of light m5's as they are cheap cannon fodder and falcon haulers as they can take plenty of hits due to the high shielding.

if i need support in my destroyers each has a dozen laser towers and fighter drones in the cargo bay ready to be quickly dropped.

I bought this game the other week, finding it hard to get into it to tell the truth, and I so badly wanna like it.....perhaps I havn't really given it a fair chance.....I bought because I thought it might be like the old Elite Frontier game, and Freelancer...but I'm just finding it so dam slow..... I will give it another go now that I have seen this thread.....

I bought this game the other week, finding it hard to get into it to tell the truth, and I so badly wanna like it.....perhaps I havn't really given it a fair chance.....I bought because I thought it might be like the old Elite Frontier game, and Freelancer...but I'm just finding it so dam slow..... I will give it another go now that I have seen this thread.....

Keep at it. If you liked Elite, you'll get into it. That was my reason for going with the X series.

Once you master trade and get a fleet of attacking ships together you can have some real fun. Would be better against other human players but then again I'd never leave the house.

you don't even need to develop a fleet to enjoy the game, fighting in a m4 is as much fun as sector raiding in a m2.

time and patience.

just cleared out the xenon sector above black hole sun, collected a sweet load of 22 PPC's and a ton of other guns. sadly no IBL's yet :-(

i think i will take my nova raider for a run soon its been a long time since i gave it a good blast, perhaps a bit of pirate hunting.

How do you get money when starting of? I started of as custom. 1000credits. Doesn't give you a lot for trading. Making about 300cr a trip. There must be a better way?

Start off as a trader (you get a mercury TS). Head to the Ore Belt and trade in Ecells for a while (ocasionally trade ore if you can). You should make quite a few thousand per trip. Eventually, you get enough to buy Trading MK3 software and can automate the trader (eventually ending up with a universe trader that will make you lots of money).

The forums at Egosoft http://forum.egosoft.com/index.php?c=2 have a great wealth of info and everyone are pretty helpful over there.

Terran Conflict is quicker to start off with than Reunion.

How do you get money when starting of? I started of as custom. 1000credits. Doesn't give you a lot for trading. Making about 300cr a trip. There must be a better way?

i dont bother trading at the begining i jump in my ship and head for nearest target of opotunity.

If you can capture boron ts's you will soon be rolling in proffits.

I can't see it on the ego site, but it must be there. Is there a list of ship upgrades and what they do. Can see weapons and missiles. But not the ones like trading system/ supply system extensions.

Start off as a trader (you get a mercury TS). Head to the Ore Belt and trade in Ecells for a while (ocasionally trade ore if you can). You should make quite a few thousand per trip. Eventually, you get enough to buy Trading MK3 software and can automate the trader (eventually ending up with a universe trader that will make you lots of money).

cheers working well. Managed to buy best buy/sell and trade mk1 systems. Which makes life a lot easier. now I need to save for engine and cargo bay upgrades.

cheers working well. Managed to buy best buy/sell and trade mk1 systems. Which makes life a lot easier. now I need to save for engine and cargo bay upgrades.

Excellent. It takes a while to get enough money to automate your first sector/universe trader, but will get a lot easier and less time consuming after that. Remember there are lots of guides in the stickies on the egosoft forums.

Anyone want to buy a Mercury Cargo bay full of Ore? No one in any of the Argon sectors wants Ore anymore. Ill take any price above 50 per unit.

Didnt think that this would happen, but I flooded the market just like in real life, now I cant get rid of it..... :P

Back
Top Bottom