X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

Soldato
OP
So how does it actually compare to X3? More of the same or a noticable improvement. How's the interface in particular?

ive still not got my copy(dam royal fail) so im going by what others have said.

The graphics engine hasnt changed much so dont expect much of a difference there, not that it needs to be the engine still looks fabulous. Although its ment to be better optimized.

The new voice recordings are supposedly excellent

The new menu system and mouse control stuff is ment to be very well thought out.

The new mission system is amazing no more searching for hours to find a mission and you can even get missions from passing ships.

Lots of other improvements as well.

Oh and i mustn't forget the good old jump gate cut scene is back :D

Soldato
OP
Anyone know if the Steam version is going to be allow scripts and mods?

Seeing as scripting and mods are a large part of the game and no one has complained about these features being missing from the X3:R steam version i think its a good bet that they are available.

Soldato
Looks like the first patch is already out, dont know of any other games developer that offers the level of customer support as egosoft does

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216912

Well thinking back to when X3 was released and was so full of bugs that it was unplayable I wouldn't say this patch is good customer support just yet... may be fixing things which should have been complete before it went gold tbh.

Soldato
OP
Well thinking back to when X3 was released and was so full of bugs that it was unplayable I wouldn't say this patch is good customer support just yet... may be fixing things which should have been complete before it went gold tbh.

read whats in the patch its just minor bug fixes and new content

Soldato
OP
well that's good to know... it was bloody frustrating waiting for the patch when X3 was released :(

Just downloading it from Steam now :)

It was the publishers fault x3 was released incomplete. They forced Egosoft to release it several weeks before it was finished. :mad:

Associate
If you are looking for a "WWII in space" theme, then try Digital Anvil's (Chris Roberts) Starlancer. Awesome game with a good story, decent graphics and exciting cutscenes :)

Thanks, I tried that back in about 2001 but I hate linearity and being told what to do in computer games. It did seem quite solidly put together for the few hours I tried it though.

Associate
Minimum

Supported OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP (SP2) / Vista (SP1)
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent 2GHz
RAM: 1GB (2GB recommended)
Hard Drive: 10 GB available
Sound: Soundcard (surround sound supported)
Joysticks or joypads optional but supported. Mouse optional

Downloaded it last night (sudden release on steam?) and played it this morning on 1920*1200 with 8xAA x16....runs totally smooth at all times.

So anything like a 8800 512MB will be totally fine.

Associate
First time iv played a game like this....i tried Eve Online but became clear that id left it far too long so im given X3:TC a good go.

Associate
Minimum

Supported OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP (SP2) / Vista (SP1)
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent 2GHz
RAM: 1GB (2GB recommended)
Hard Drive: 10 GB available
Sound: Soundcard (surround sound supported)
Joysticks or joypads optional but supported. Mouse optional

Downloaded it last night (sudden release on steam?) and played it this morning on 1920*1200 with 8xAA x16....runs totally smooth at all times.

So anything like a 8800 512MB will be totally fine.

Excellent news, thanks for the info :)

Associate
I'm so tempted to buy this as I love the concept of these games. Thing is I bought X3 Reunion ages ago and never got round to playing it long enough to get into. it. What I did play I enjoyed but it's hard finding the time to break the ice on such an expansive game. I'd be sitting there on a Sunday afternoon bored stiff and think yeah I'd love a game on X3, but by the time I've dusted off my joystick and loaded it up I just seem to lose interest and watch TV instead.

Bet I'll pick it up sooner or later.

Associate
Thanks, I tried that back in about 2001 but I hate linearity and being told what to do in computer games. It did seem quite solidly put together for the few hours I tried it though.

Strange I'm quite the opposite personally, I just need to be pointed at the bad guys with a reasonable excuse to blow them away. the X3 type of game just overcomplicates things for me so I rapidly lose interest which is a shame as I'd really love to errrr love this game as it looks so good on paper.

Back
Top Bottom