X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

Soldato
OP
mine has been in the post 4 days still not got :mad:

certain website not "play"ing fair LOL

I was about to cancel my delivery and order from steam but they started shipping early so i didnt bother if it isnt waiting for me when i get home im going to be very annoyed.

detailed info on system specs can be found in the latest x-news letter

http://www.egosoft.com/x/xnews/200810_44News.html

Soldato
OP
YAY my copy has arrived im installing it as i type :D:D:D:D

I am a bit annoyed as im not able to speed all weekend playing it..... Why do mums have to have birthdays?????:mad::(:p:cool:

Associate
Started playing....bit under underwhelmed by visuals so far...texture res is quite good in parts but its runs smooth fair enough i cant complain.

Only played for a couple of hours but already starting to get feeling maybe i made a mistake but im going to stick at it...

Soldato
I ordered this game from the same place other people are having problems with, luckily for me i wont get my new laptop until next weekend when i head home so it really doesnt make any difference to me.

The laptop only has a ati radeon 3650(256mb) in it though so i hope it will play smooth enough with just that. Starting to think i should have spent another £450 and got a laptop with a 9800gts in it, i suppose either would have been good decisions at the end of the day as im not really sure how much time i will have to play games on it.

I never played x3 but i did end up playing x2 quite a lot back in its day and really enjoyed it so hopefully i will find the same with this

Soldato
The laptop only has a ati radeon 3650(256mb) in it though so i hope it will play smooth enough with just that.

I'm pretty sure it ran maxed out back when I had a 256mb 7800GTX, dunno if I tried it with any extreme AA (probably not)... Still, I'd say your laptop will easily handle it. :)

Might have to reinstall the original again for a play through, remember trying last year but Starfarce didn't like Vista... :(

Soldato
I'm pretty sure it ran maxed out back when I had a 256mb 7800GTX, dunno if I tried it with any extreme AA (probably not)... Still, I'd say your laptop will easily handle it. :)

Might have to reinstall the original again for a play through, remember trying last year but Starfarce didn't like Vista... :(

Thats good to hear, the 7800gtx is only a smidgeon more powerful than the 3650 unless im reading the benchmarks wrong so it should run just fine

Associate
Just finished downloading and updating this morning through steam. It seems just as difficult to get into as the previous game. The only mission or guidance I got when I started the broke assassin character was a learn to fly and that was it. The terran soldier seems to be one never ending patrol mission. :rolleyes:

oh well, same as last time I guess :)

Associate
Hate to be a nood but my god, i started new a game with 1000 credits...i want to scan a asteroid but cant because i dont have a scanner to beguin with.

I try to find some station so i can buy one but no luck. So i cant make money.

Not a case of me being over whelmed but how the hell do i make some money...1000 credits is pennies.

Started another game as of the pertrol people...3 'baddies' appear...i get a lock on but because im out numbered they kill me. .. i want to upgrade but dont have enough money. ..back to same issue. Its most unclear ...tutorial is 3 minutes .."oh look i can fly & shoot" then suddently im on my own.

Any basic help?

Soldato
x3 has a cliff face of a learning curve you just have to stick with it, it can also take a while to get the controls set up as you want to.

its certainly a game that requires patience, i played far too much X3 reunion and TC still took me a good few hours to get the hang of.

read the manual a couple of times, really its almost a necessity the egosoft.com forums are superb (once there back up and running that is).

this is a game for the long haul, if you expect to be dominating the galaxy within a few days your going to be very disappointed.

i got to the extreme ranks in x3 but at the moment iam struggling against the new lasers that have been added that utterly rape shields.

your best source of early money is either the protect station missions or capping enemy ships and selling them. there will no doubt be freebies hidden in the verse to collect but its going to take a while for the community to find them.

Associate
there is a patch out now
Egosoft has released a patch for X3: Terran Conflict, updating to v1.2 this stand-alone game set in the universe of X3. This patch includes a whole new mission to scan for valuable asteroids, enables mouse control in external view mode, when a target is lost, the nearest enemy is targeted automatically, improves boarding crew functionality, adds various improvements in the user interface and more.

Soldato
OP
Thoughts so far, more or less what i expected. The only complaint i have is thay have changed the order of the commands in the navigation menu.

Combat is hard but about the same as x3 with XTM mod so cant complain. new mission system is intresting but has 1 minor draw back, as you no longer need to dock to get to them so you dont get the benifit of regular auto saves.

Soldato
Anyone got any tips on a decent trading route to start this game with? I started as a humble merchant and sold one of my ships and my shields etc so now I just need a good little trade route to start me off ;)

Associate
Very interested in this, tried The reunion but was put off by how hard it was to get started and understand what on earth was going on. Is this game a bit better for newbies to get started ?

Back
Top Bottom