X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

Not sure what the software is called but you can buy some that tells you the best buys or sells for at least the sector you are in at the moment.

If you get the trader software MK3 (half a million credits though..) you can install it in a trader ship and set it off on it's own in a single sector to wobble around buying and selling for you so you can get on with missions etc. You may want to give it some protection though i.e. assign a fighter to protect it from pirates. Choose a sector far away from pirate areas to be on the safe side. When it gets experienced you can then let it become a universal trader and it'll go all over the place - give it a jump drive and it will wizz around even faster.

There are a few main plot missions you can get involved with but not sure how you trigger these off.

There is loads of help at the Egosoft forums - plenty of reading needed for this game

The good thing about this game is that there is no linear path or storyline to follow, you have complete freedom

Have fun

I've bought that thing but now I need to know how to use it? When I'm docked I can still only see prices for the stuff in the station i'm in :(.

And i'm stuck! I've just been flying around, docking, looking at prices and bits to buy. What else am I mean't to be doing? How do I find out where sells low and buys high?

get the trading extension and then buy the best price plugin for it.

then whenever you click on a station in a system and look at info it will show you what it has etc, or if you look in fright it will tell you the best place to sell what it is you're carrying.

thinking of buying a terran cutlass, but it will only take terran emp weapons/terran missiles, is it worth it or am i better with another races ship which can use other ones?

Ok quick help meh!!!!

Do I buy myself a terran m3 cutlass or do i go the extra and buy myself a terran katana m6?

Or work up my relations with other races and buy one of thier m3's or m6's?

yeah i've been doing a of their missions, just done the one where they give you 3 m5's

but got 3 ut's out atm and am thinking of buying a station.

well my ultimate goal is to build a massive fleet and capture a sector/wipe out a race :D

would be nice to capture earth but the lack of jump gates is annoying.

if i did take a sector/group of sectors which belonged to a race/pirates/xenon would they keep re spawning there?

Ah cheers :)

Edit: Just spent a few minutes reading then popped into game and spent nearly an hour doing stuff only basic but got to Pluto area and docked there cos I need some sleep, but I can see me losing some time in this game not the usual game I play so it's refreshing to play :)

Last edited:
sorry ive been away the last few days, but im back and ready to answer \ correct the questions that have been asked.

raising race ranks,

You can do this by taking out there enemies, ie pirates kaahk xenon. In one of the race sectors

Some races also hate other races, so you will gain ranks by killing ships belonging to these races as well

Paranid <-> Argon
Split <-> Boron

You will also gain rank by completing missions for a race.

And i'm stuck! I've just been flying around, docking, looking at prices and bits to buy. What else am I mean't to be doing? How do I find out where sells low and buys high?

As said you need the traiding system extention. failing that just look at the station and it will show you a stock level if its full then buy if its low then sell simples.

Ok quick help meh!!!!

Do I buy myself a terran m3 cutlass or do i go the extra and buy myself a terran katana m6?

Or work up my relations with other races and buy one of thier m3's or m6's?

terran weapons as hard to get hold of and dont have the variaty of the commonwealth i would save up and get your self a nova raider its a very good all-round M3

Annother option is to do nothing the terrans will give you a M3 and a M6 as part of the plot, save your profffits and save up for a M7 you will need one.

well my ultimate goal is to build a massive fleet and capture a sector/wipe out a race :D

if i did take a sector/group of sectors which belonged to a race/pirates/xenon would they keep re spawning there?

You will find its almost impossible to take earth the torus defence system will blow you ships out of the sky.

yes they will keep re-spawning.

Oh and to whoever it was that asked there is a playable demo for Reunion it will give you a feel for the learning curve in the game.

Last edited:
Has another good crack last night at this. Looking forward to where I left off when I'm back tonight. The game feels massive (and that's from an Eve Online player!). I think I just need to get stuck in and get some cash flowing my way!

There is a mod/script meaning you can take over the sectors, stoping them from re-spawning ect.

terran weapons as hard to get hold of and dont have the variaty of the commonwealth i would save up and get your self a nova raider its a very good all-round M3

I've already got myself a nice advanced eclipse for an m3, but i've got 13 million burning a hole in my pocket and wondering if i should get an m6 or something :p

You will find its almost impossible to take earth the torus defence system will blow you ships out of the sky.

bah :(

yes they will keep re-spawning.

That true for all sectors?

Back
Top Bottom