X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

Soldato
OP
I am assuming TS class ships cost a lot? Also good to know what that license does, any sectors near terran space that have large amount of pirate activity?

TS's range from a few 100k's to several million, all depends on the type and equipment.

There is a pirate sector to the east of PTNI headquarters and you will find regular Xenon parols in Black hole sun and scale plate green.

Failing that you will get lots of pirates spawning if you take station defense missions

Soldato
Ah will check them out, I am sitting near a station defence mission worth 200k, right at the beginning of terran campaign, on the way from scanning pirate base. Needless to say, I didn't last long enough against 5 M5's and an M3 :(

Associate
Out of curiosity, is there any benefit in playing a Custom game <X Universe> over one of the specific mission based ones? For example if I am just interested in an Elite type experience and dont want to bother with the plot would that be best, or are there certain areas / items that are only available to plot characters?

Mr-Xoc

Soldato
OP
Ah will check them out, I am sitting near a station defence mission worth 200k, right at the beginning of terran campaign, on the way from scanning pirate base. Needless to say, I didn't last long enough against 5 M5's and an M3 :(

TBH for me thats an easy mission, ive completed missions much harder than that with the starting terran m4 (combat skills f.t.w)

best ive done wiht the starting m4
5 m5's
3 m4's
4 m3's
1 m8
1 m6

all pwnd with my skills.

Soldato
OP
Out of curiosity, is there any benefit in playing a Custom game <X Universe> over one of the specific mission based ones? For example if I am just interested in an Elite type experience and dont want to bother with the plot would that be best, or are there certain areas / items that are only available to plot characters?

Mr-Xoc

Its been known for special ships and equipment to be unavailable from a custom starts. Remember just because you start a plot based game doesnt mean you ever have to play the plot, only exception i know of is if you start as a terran then you need to do the first few missions to get out of terran space and into the rest of the universe.

Soldato
TBH for me thats an easy mission, ive completed missions much harder than that with the starting terran m4 (combat skills f.t.w)

best ive done wiht the starting m4
5 m5's
3 m4's
4 m3's
1 m8
1 m6

all pwnd with my skills.

Wah do tell how. A friend told me to get out of the way, wait for the enemy to attack the station and try to solo the M3 before it gets there.

Associate
Just a quick question, what is the size of the download from steam for this, if this is too big for a quick download tonight ill make a deture in to town to pick up a copy instead tonight.

Associate
Just a quick question, what is the size of the download from steam for this, if this is too big for a quick download tonight ill make a deture in to town to pick up a copy instead tonight.

I bought the boxed version and the installed game folder is 7.06 gb. Dunno if that helps, maybe it would say on Steam what the download size is?

Soldato
OP
Wah do tell how. A friend told me to get out of the way, wait for the enemy to attack the station and try to solo the M3 before it gets there.

i use a similar strategy, the ships will head for the station not you use this to your advantage.

I use a joystick if you are using a mouse then my stratagys may not work/be harder. You should by now have mk2 fight software if not get it and press k until auto aim is on. Fire when the target receptacle is blue and it will do the rest for you.

accept the mission, head directly for the nearest gate to the station this is where they will spawn.

as they pass try and pic off as many m5's as you can, dont worry if you dont get them all kill them later. do the same with the m4's

now the easy part is over its the turn of the m3's / m8, you must take out the m8 before it gets to close to the station but if you can take out the m3's first. Falcons are easy just get behind them and keep pounding them until they go bOOooo0000m.

m3's with turrets, you need to be a bit more careful with these. You need to use your strafe drive to avoid the turret fire.

once all the m3's and m8's have been killed concentrate on the m6, you can skip the m3's and take out the m6 first but you MUST take out the m8's before they fire at the station.

The best method is the spiral attack easy with a good joystick, use the rudder to rotate the ship on the z axis, use the x and y to keep the ship pointing at the target. while doing this hold down 1 or more of the strafe keys, should now be doing spirals if you get it right then the incoming fire will just miss you.

Once you have taken out the big guns mop up any left overs

Soldato
Ah, had a go at one of these last night, went very well. Ignored m5/m3, they seemed not to be able to damage the station anyway. So picked off the lone m8, and it surrendered :D Sold it later for 2mil something, should have repaired it more but meh live and learn. When I came back to the station only the m3 was there (guess the others crashed into it) which was an easy picking. Much easier then I imagined it would be. Overall pretty good fight :D

Associate
Thanks for the map, that will come in very handy! I'm really glad that the x-series is finally finding its way again after the rather lamentable x3 release (although this was fixed over time) the new X3:TC seems a more complete product as the developers originally intended.

Associate
Downloaded from steam last night. From first impresions it looks to be much more friendly to play than Reunion, i love the way it keeps tabs on your missions.

Soldato
Oh.. I'm not liking this yet sadly :(
Now I have a ship with no weapons, I sold my old one.
But every station won't sell me weapons .... catch 22.. aghh :(

Way to throw me into the game as well by the way, so many controls! Can't even pause properly without it un-pausing when you look in menu.

It looks really good, i'm sure if I knew how to play it i'd like it but, to be honest... time/reward is not good atm. :(

Associate
I bought it at the weekend but have installed reunion again with the intention of finishing it this time before I move onto TC :D Cant remember how to get the free transport ship in Menelaus's Frontier though:( Problem is i cant find the north gate in Atreus cloud :D Anyone???? Is the gate actually there??? linky: http://www.fire-fish.net/?q=node/18

Back
Top Bottom