X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

Soldato
OP
Oh.. I'm not liking this yet sadly :(
Now I have a ship with no weapons, I sold my old one.
But every station won't sell me weapons .... catch 22.. aghh :(

Way to throw me into the game as well by the way, so many controls! Can't even pause properly without it un-pausing when you look in menu.

It looks really good, i'm sure if I knew how to play it i'd like it but, to be honest... time/reward is not good atm. :(

well selling your weapons was a bit stupid wasnt it? in order to get more you will have to increase you reputation with a race that sells the weapon you want so get trading. With the money you have made from the weapons you should have plenty to get a ts and still have enough capital left to start silicone trading.

you dont need to pause unless you have to go answer the phone in the middle of a fight just put the ship on auto pilot "shift A" and then use the mouse to look at your menus.

Soldato
I bought it at the weekend but have installed reunion again with the intention of finishing it this time before I move onto TC :D Cant remember how to get the free transport ship in Menelaus's Frontier though:( Problem is i cant find the north gate in Atreus cloud :D Anyone???? Is the gate actually there??? linky: http://www.fire-fish.net/?q=node/18

north gate is at 6.87 0.00 28.50

Soldato
I had a good run last night - went scavenging abandoned ships :D not even halfway through the list and I have 3.5million credits and a nice Advanced Barracuda fully loaded with max weapons, sheilds & all addons etc.

If anyone wants a list of abandoned ship locations then I have uploaded it to my server here ;)

What's the consensus on the ebst all round ship in the X-Universe then? I want a very fast but well armed ship with good strong shields!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I had a good run last night - went scavenging abandoned ships :D not even halfway through the list and I have 3.5million credits and a nice Advanced Barracuda fully loaded with max weapons, sheilds & all addons etc.

If anyone wants a list of abandoned ship locations then I have uploaded it to my server here ;)

What's the consensus on the ebst all round ship in the X-Universe then? I want a very fast but well armed ship with good strong shields!

Not bad ill have to go free ship hunting soon, its always a good way to map the universe. Need to satnav the uni and start rolling out the ut's

At the moment im just doing xenon patrol missions the last one gave me 3.5million, 350k per P nice.

Had my first ctd last night that realy ****** me off, happend just as i was finishing the last xenon n of a patrol mission, with the number of p's and l's that spawned i would have made > 5million from that mission. Now i have to do the hard parts again:mad:

whats the max speed and shielding on the Advanced Barracuda? Im flying a nova raider ATM @ 190ms with 3 25mj shields.

Soldato
OP
Same sheilds but higher top speed - about 230'ish iirc.

Going to have to get me one of those then, could do with more speed. 190 is ok but the faster the ship the better. Especially when all xenon L and M's use pulsed beam emitters, dam those things eat shields fast but have a much shorter range than the weapons i use.

Oh does it have a rear turret? although at that speed most missiles that can cause any damage wont keep up its nice to have that little bit of extra security.

Soldato
well selling your weapons was a bit stupid wasnt it?

you dont need to pause unless you have to go answer the phone in the middle of a fight just put the ship on auto pilot "shift A" and then use the mouse to look at your menus.

Stupid, maybe, don't need to be insulted about it really after all there's no clear instructions for this game and I cocked up with no way to (again a clear way..) in a remedy for my situation, it kind of throws you in the deep end.

So my way out is to start trading goods to increas rep with a faction so they'll sell me stuff? great... sign me up :) I guess I need to find out how to find out what they want, where to get it, where to sell it, how much I get for what and how much they want.

I pause when *I* want to pause, such as alt tabbing, I play in a window.
Trying to read guides whilst playing because it's so deep.

Soldato
Question for you X3 type folks...
I've got X3 Reunion but never really got into it due to lack of time/system issues. I used to play X1 quite heavily so it is the style of game I'd enjoy.
Would it be worth getting into what I've already got to get up to speed for Terran Conflict, or should I just buy TC and forget about Reunion?

Also... Screenshots!!! We all know it's a good looking game, the screenshots thread needs some X3! :p

Soldato
OP
Stupid, maybe, don't need to be insulted about it really after all there's no clear instructions for this game and I cocked up with no way to (again a clear way..) in a remedy for my situation, it kind of throws you in the deep end.

So my way out is to start trading goods to increas rep with a faction so they'll sell me stuff? great... sign me up :) I guess I need to find out how to find out what they want, where to get it, where to sell it, how much I get for what and how much they want.

Sorry just trying to making a little, didnt meen it to be insulting.

What ship are you flying and how much money have you got, ill point you in the best direction, if you started as a terran then you would want to get rid of that ship asap anyway, the weapon it uses has some major drawbacks.

Soldato
Going to have to get me one of those then, could do with more speed. 190 is ok but the faster the ship the better. Especially when all xenon L and M's use pulsed beam emitters, dam those things eat shields fast but have a much shorter range than the weapons i use.

Oh does it have a rear turret? although at that speed most missiles that can cause any damage wont keep up its nice to have that little bit of extra security.

Not sure about the rear turret tbh. I will check later . I wouldn't bother buying a Barracuda as if you look on the link I posted earlier you will find it for free ;)

Question for you X3 type folks...
I've got X3 Reunion but never really got into it due to lack of time/system issues. I used to play X1 quite heavily so it is the style of game I'd enjoy.
Would it be worth getting into what I've already got to get up to speed for Terran Conflict, or should I just buy TC and forget about Reunion?

Also... Screenshots!!! We all know it's a good looking game, the screenshots thread needs some X3! :p

Well it's such a massive and time consuming game and with the extra features added for the new release then I would jump straight into X3:TC.

Soldato
If you want to you could run thru the plot on x3:R i recon you could do it in a few hours if you wanted to.

Ah yes, I keep forgetting they have plots too. Haven't bothered playing any of the story missions since X2 tbh - I just like trading and building an army :) I guess I just want it to be like a modern Elite... I even renamed my pilot to Cmd Jameson ;)

Soldato
OP
Not sure about the rear turret tbh. I will check later . I wouldn't bother buying a Barracuda as if you look on the link I posted earlier you will find it for free ;)

just had a look at that list there is a advanced eclipse there as well, going to have to check that out.

Soldato

There's an option to run it in window mode, not sure if you can then alt-tab safely (depends if it captures a mouse or not, but yes, this is an incredibly annoying feature). I just try to read things while flying between destinations.

@Edleake Nah I am using mouse/keyboard and its perfectly fine. Maybe those who had actual experience playing previous titles will argue the other way, but this works for me as I don't have a joystick anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom