X4 Foundations

Man of Honour
Thanks, simple update of graphics drivers worked it seems!

So far, I have a vanguard, I don't seem to be able to get a mining laser for it. I've found one mission, which I used the cash to upgrade engines and nav computer.
Now trying to find more missions.

Glad you sorted it.

There are quick ways to start and I can point you to write ups, but it’s more fun to discover it as you go. I’d be interested to hear how your game evolves since every universe develops differently e.g. some where the xenon have taken over many/most sectors.

Soldato
Seem to be quite a few bugs still?

I EVA'd, repaired something for a mission, re-entered my ship but couldn't select my chair to take control.
I spoke to my pilot, she left, now I'm stuck in the cockpit and nothing is selectable! Can't use the teleporter, can't click the seat.....

Man of Honour
Seem to be quite a few bugs still?

I EVA'd, repaired something for a mission, re-entered my ship but couldn't select my chair to take control.
I spoke to my pilot, she left, now I'm stuck in the cockpit and nothing is selectable! Can't use the teleporter, can't click the seat.....

Definitely save often. Can you order your ship/pilot to order you to fly to a nearby station?

Soldato
No, she's off doing something else! Ah well, I had an older save

Enjoying the game. Obviously very large and lots to explore. I'm just doing some boring missions until I can afford some auto-mining or auto-trading ships

Man of Honour
No, she's off doing something else! Ah well, I had an older save

Enjoying the game. Obviously very large and lots to explore. I'm just doing some boring missions until I can afford some auto-mining or auto-trading ships

I would lean toward auto miners first, especially nvidium, although you can soon exceed demand.

Worth keeping in mind that orders for ships stack. The number of times I’ve wondered why my pilot isn’t doing something, only to find I needed to cancel their previous orders or tell them to proceed with their new orders.

Soldato
Ha i learnt the hard way with that.

I'm not actually doing much in the way of missions or combat. I've just built up a big mining and trading fleet.
Maybe going to build a station next. Am I missing out by not doing everything else at this stage?

Man of Honour
Ha i learnt the hard way with that.

I'm not actually doing much in the way of missions or combat. I've just built up a big mining and trading fleet.
Maybe going to build a station next. Am I missing out by not doing everything else at this stage?

That’s pretty much what I did. Mined some crystals, bought a mining ship, then trading ships (pot luck whether you end up with a pilot with the skill level required to autotrade and nothing you can do to increase your odds), then factories.

I can’t offer much feedback on the missions scattered around but it’s worth following the ‘main’ plot (although brief) that is offered.

Soldato
That’s pretty much what I did. Mined some crystals, bought a mining ship, then trading ships (pot luck whether you end up with a pilot with the skill level required to autotrade and nothing you can do to increase your odds), then factories.

I can’t offer much feedback on the missions scattered around but it’s worth following the ‘main’ plot (although brief) that is offered.

I don't suppose you know what these icons correspond to? I can't find them anywhere, in the legend etc. Some are mining, trading, following etc but it'd be nice to have a proper list

9Cm1KqN.png

Man of Honour
I couldn’t tell you all of them.

magnifying glass = explore
Blue briefcase = about to buy wares and start a trade run
Blue arrows down into circle = finishing trade deal
Blue asteroid with arrow pointing toward centre = actively mining
Double white arrow right = travel mode?
Double white arrow down with hourglass = docked and waiting for orders?
Double white arrow down onto a full stop = fly to a region in space and wait?
Blue arrow up, white arrows down = completing a trade then undocking?

You seem to have accumulated some ships :)

Associate
I just remembered that i wrote a save script scraper that tried to find out what your ships had been up to. It was useful for finding those mining/trading ships that were stuck doing something unprofitable.

I haven't run it in a while, must see if it still works.

Soldato
that would be interesting
It's a shame there isn't a better log or economy section, so you could see more detail about your fleet - how much each ship is making etc

Man of Honour
We should get better logs in the future, it was mentioned in the recent interview.

At least with 2.6 you shouldn’t get traders running unprofitable routes, unlike release where they would transport 40 energy cells. I now often see them filling up with high end goods and not getting stuck mid trade.

Soldato
Any stations? That’s a fair few ships.

Not as of yet. They're very much an unknown - I found some blueprints to buy, not sure if I should do more of the story first, I read you get a PHQ at some point, should a station be near that? I presume there are some sectors better than others for stations - resources, accessibility etc...

Man of Honour
Not as of yet. They're very much an unknown - I found some blueprints to buy, not sure if I should do more of the story first, I read you get a PHQ at some point, should a station be near that? I presume there are some sectors better than others for stations - resources, accessibility etc...

I don’t bother with that sector (and I would save space for future patches and the hinted hq expansion). Typically I would look at what the shipyards/wharfs/trading stations need and go from there. That will depend on how your game seeded and is evolving.

Napileos Fortune VI is great for most factories (especially shipyards). Central to several factions, nearby asteroid fields, pretty empty.

Weed/fuel sells well, arms sell better and shipyards are money printers.

Soldato

Good profiiitsssss to you.... :D

Mate that is beyond impressive. If it was built on X:R it would be whole game world on itself taking hours upon hours to walk through the whole station.
As someone put it on reddit next step up is a Death Star :D

Have you considered to make recordings
a) From an S ship traveling around the station and inside the various components?
b) from a high point observing the landing of the cargo ships?

Found the latter impressive and enjoying just to watch with just 2 M size docks. On your station it would be more entertaining than the last Terminator movie :D
And also, now you gave me motivation and ideas to build something similar but with faction buildings split in forms of towers like a castle. :D

I hope this would inspire more to start building such mega-structures for the artistic side of things :D
(and profits ofc)

Back
Top Bottom