Xbox One X

Soldato
The majority of 4k tvs dont actually have 3d, which is a safe sign its dead again. hopefully this time it will be left in peace and not rolled out again in 25 years.

As for VR/AR its one of those things that i'd love to take off but dont see happening. VR dont right is amazing but has too many barriers to entry right now, not least needing a fulll room in your house to do it right.

Soldato
3D has made a reoccurrence every 15 to 25 years and its always got the same treatment. No one wants it.
I'm pretty sure every oled owner wants it. I know I do. It looks amazing on the LG oled. If it was as good on every other TV as it is on the oleds maybe it would have done better.

Soldato
I'm pretty sure every oled owner wants it. I know I do. It looks amazing on the LG oled. If it was as good on every other TV as it is on the oleds maybe it would have done better.

Yeah it my look good but whats the point if other manufactures are not supporting it. Sony, Nintendo and MS have dropped 3D. GPU manufactures have done the same. You don't see many 3D blu-rays being released like 2 years ago. Sky closed its 3D channel and made it On-Demand only. So TV manufactures didn't have a choice.

Soldato
I think I might cancel my Pre Order. The more I look at it the more I realise a gaming PC that I currently own is going to offer all the same and more. The hardware is great for the price but probably aimed more at people who don't already have a good PC.

I think playing the Destiny Beta on my PC helped in putting me off the Xbox :(

Dilemma :(

Caporegime
I can't wait tbh fed up of the stupid PlayStation controller and since giving my One to the kids I miss it....
So far I've only tried the 360 controller, and apart from the d-pad it's perfect. To the point where I even play PC shooters using it. Just sooo comfortable.

However I'm leaning back towards a PS4Pro this Black Friday, having looked at the upcoming titles for both. The trouble I have making this choice is...

* The XBox is clearly and undisputed the better console, in terms of hardware, and more modern.
* I've used a PS2/PS3 controller enough to know I don't mind them, even if I don't prefer them. Never tried the PS4 contoller tho, so it's a complete unknown.
* XBox gamers seem to be FPS focused. The console itself is routinely referred to as "Shooterbox". In the main (exceptions exist), non-shooters tend to sell very poorly on XBox, which further skews 1st/3rd party devs to make more shooters for it.
* XBox "exclusives" are 99% also available on PC, unlike PS4 "exclusives".
* PS4 exclusives are more varied in nature. Sure, some FPS, but also RPG, adventure, and experimental genre games. Probably as a result of being a Jap console vs a very western-centric console.
* PS4 Pro costs slightly less (see 1 tho).
* Will not be using a 4K screen, so console only needs to be powerful enough for 1080p/60FPS. Feel confident the PS4 Pro can deliver that, at least.

So barring a convincing argument against the above, I'll be buying a PS4 Pro and a snazzy X1 controller for the PC. :p Then waiting until 2020 for PC hardware to become affordable (hoping against hope), allowing me to play the XBox "exclusives" on PC at that time.

Back
Top Bottom