Xbox Scorpio

Soldato
Im inteterested for £450. Not sure if I will plump for one this year though. Need to get a 4k TV first. I reckon come spring next year it will be around the £399 maybe lower.

Saying that I might just get caught up in the release hype and go banzai and splurge a wad on a new TV, a pro and an X! Lol :p

Had a splurge this spring myself, LG oled, Ps4 pro and Oppo 203, feel Im set now for a while, may get the xbox x next year.

Suspended
Had a splurge this spring myself, LG oled, Ps4 pro and Oppo 203, feel Im set now for a while, may get the xbox x next year.
How are you finding the OLED for Image Retention? IR and some reported motion issues are the only things stopping me from buying one. Coming from a VT65 I am extremely fussy... :(

Associate
both same, part of rare replay package :)

360 game will always be 360 game, remakes will not have 360 on side

EDIT: looking at list just keep Rare replay ones

Last edited:
Soldato
Will be getting one in January for my birthday for the bedroom and 4K TV I have just purchased for there.

It means I can game on the PC when I want and then load it up and play in evening or early morning, or put a 4k bluray on without having to buy a separate console and bluray player.

People lost their minds over the fact there is no console exclusive but we have been moaning for 10 years about not wanting them and to let us play on what we want. They do that and now people cry why are there no exclusives. Not only that they are Microsoft exclusives for a number of them and being able to switch when and where I play for me is ideal.

The only part that is lacking to the XOX is the small size of the drive considering how things are going. We really need minimum 2TB drives and ability to have hotswap drives so we can have games saved and easier to load in as needed.

Associate
The only part that is lacking to the XOX is the small size of the drive considering how things are going. We really need minimum 2TB drives and ability to have hotswap drives so we can have games saved and easier to load in as needed.

Plug in any USB HDD? i'm planning on getting 5tb drive for mine :)

Caporegime
So a game can qualify for the 4K sticker if it just outputs at 2160p.

5aENI3p.jpg.png

Digital Foundry says Assassin's Creed Origins is using checkerboarding. Ubisoft has done this with Watch Dogs 2, Rainbow Six previously.

Soldato
So after all the hype about native 4K it's using checkerboard rendering? seems a bit strange as they made a real point about native 4K

FYI, doesn't bother me to be honest as you can't even see the difference.

Soldato
So after all the hype about native 4K it's using checkerboard rendering? seems a bit strange as they made a real point about native 4K

FYI, doesn't bother me to be honest as you can't even see the difference.

If anyone really did believe it would be native 4K for high end graphical games, they really aren't living in the real world. 6 TFLOPS is like 1060 /980ti power and I have a 980ti and most of the new titles run 1440 60fps but crank up to 4K and my card really struggles. As I said before in a previous post, DF had Battlefront II running on a 1080 and it ran the game fine at 1440 60fps ultra - but soon struggled at 4K, and the 1080 is a lot more powerful then an xbox one x.

the one x is good, and its a lot of power for a console and TBH 30fps on modern TV's is pretty smooth in most cases, so its no slouch, but true 4K /60fps will be for select games.

Soldato
How are you finding the OLED for Image Retention? IR and some reported motion issues are the only things stopping me from buying one. Coming from a VT65 I am extremely fussy... :(

Never had any image retention. It's a none issue!

its got motion problems :( but 7 series made improvements

You must have a dodgy set.

My 65" B6 is perfect motion wise.

Soldato
Early reports exactly what I expected and said Microsoft would NOT be able to do a native 4k consol for all games unless it had a 1080 or 1080ti, in defence there is nothing wrong with the checkerboard technique just look at horizon zero dawn just stunning however considering ms claimed true 4k just laughable really

Suspended
I can imagine. I've actually never used the consoles on my VT50 due to so many bright huds.

Anything with no HUD is absolutely glorious in THX Cinema/THX Bright Room. :)

A couple of times I've been a bit worried but it always goes away after days/weeks.

Back
Top Bottom