Xbox Scorpio

A simple GPU upgrade would be plenty to bring that system up to date. The CPU is still very good especially if you overclocked. 16Gb ram is plenty. A GTX 1070 would be a perfect fit for future proofing 1080p or 1440p

Thanks for that, i may well consider that in a few months time, still got plenty to keep me busy on the pro at the moment though :)

Interview with Phil Spencer here

Slightly worrying to me is when the interviewer mentions that multi-platform games could be deliberately held back on Xbone X because of Sony marketing deals. For example, if Call of Duty could run at 4K 60fps on Xbone X but it's 1800p 60 on PS4 Pro, then it will also be 1800p 60 on Xbone X. Or as another example, the PS4 Pro might not have high-res 4K textures because of the lack of RAM so the Xbone X version won't either. I really hope that doesn't happen.

Can anyone think of any examples in the past where this has happened?

So it's all about graphics then? Are games companies really going to spend extra time on xbox x versions. Like say if fifa 18 comes out, its only going to be held back because of first xbox. I can't see ea making two different versions of fifa.

It will most likely just be like the PS 4 pro i.e. 4k being the main improvement and then possibly some improvements on:

- shadows
- draw distance or/and foliage density
- textures

Developers won't have to do much at all for the consoles given that the PC versions already have the improvements/options there so it will probably just be a case of enabling the extras i.e. somewhere in a config file changing say shadowquality=1 to shadowquality=3 or something along those lines anyway.

Of course it will also depend entirely on how well the scorpio sells, if it is a bit of a flop like the ps 4 pro then I imagine much effort won't be put into it or/and the special editions/patches won't arrive for a few months till after the game has released.

Interview with Phil Spencer here

Slightly worrying to me is when the interviewer mentions that multi-platform games could be deliberately held back on Xbone X because of Sony marketing deals. For example, if Call of Duty could run at 4K 60fps on Xbone X but it's 1800p 60 on PS4 Pro, then it will also be 1800p 60 on Xbone X. Or as another example, the PS4 Pro might not have high-res 4K textures because of the lack of RAM so the Xbone X version won't either. I really hope that doesn't happen.

Can anyone think of any examples in the past where this has happened?

It's hard to think of when it's happened in the console space but I think it's smart for Phil to get the messaging out there in all honesty.

I'm certain Microsoft will be in talks with all developers over the way games are being developed and I'm also fairly certain the developers will want to be pushing their games as hard as they can on the available hardware.

If we go down the PC gaming route did we not have a few scenarios over the years where certain games performed terribly on either AMD or NVidia based on the others own individual deals.

To be honest, I can't see it happening here.

I can see multi plat devs doing this. They will want to sell to the biggest market and to limit sales as one Pro/X version is better will not be in there best interests. I would be the Pro and X enhanced versions being the same for both unless either MS or Sony have some kind of exclusive deal with them.

Does anyone have dimension comparisons between the PS4 Pro and XboX?...seeing it on some vids it seems pretty amazing they have pushed this all into a smaller machine.

I can see multi plat devs doing this. They will want to sell to the biggest market and to limit sales as one Pro/X version is better will not be in there best interests. I would be the Pro and X enhanced versions being the same for both unless either MS or Sony have some kind of exclusive deal with them.

Or it could be that Sony might not be that bothered if the game looks better elsewhere as all the marketing deals they have tend to mean exclusive bits and bobs like strikes in Destiny or one-month exclusivity on Call of Duty DLC.

Or it could be that Sony might not be that bothered if the game looks better elsewhere as all the marketing deals they have tend to mean exclusive bits and bobs like strikes in Destiny or one-month exclusivity on Call of Duty DLC.

BF1 a microsoft deal, runs better on PS4 and PS4 Pro

i can't see EA showing video of a game not looking its best on best hardware.

Xbox x will help ps4 pro imo as will entice devs to make us of both console power, that's what's held back ps4 pro atm it's dev teams.

Franchise games such as assassin creed I doubt will ever show the power of just one machine as there usual multi platform so devs want an easy way to get an all out at same time.

I expect Microsoft first party games however to use Xbox x power and it look amazing

Back
Top Bottom