• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I have the elite 1&2 controllers and the elite 2 is a great bit of kit. Feels well built and and thanks to the paddles on the back you definitely get a bit of an advantage when playing certain games like cod/bf as you can jump/laydown etc.. Without taking your thumbs off the sticks.

Thanks, will have to keep an eye out on any deals on them then, I wonder if MS store ever have a sale on them, as I will put some reward points towards it as well if I buy direct from MS.

Man of Honour
Thanks, will have to keep an eye out on any deals on them then, I wonder if MS store ever have a sale on them, as I will put some reward points towards it as well if I buy direct from MS.

Wait for the next version, the Elite 2 has terrible loose analog sticks. It’s a design flaw and they all suffer from the issue.

Soldato
Wait for the next version, the Elite 2 has terrible loose analog sticks. It’s a design flaw and they all suffer from the issue.

Yeah think I will, I see way to many people stating they have something broken on them and have had to return them, I know people only state the problems mostly on forums but it does seem like a lot of issues for something that costs £160.

Soldato
So is there a reason I can remotely install games on series X but have no way of managing game updates remotely?

Seems like a massive oversight to actually have to be on the console to keep games updated (other than auto updates of recently played titles). Getting annoyed with fancying a blast on something I haven’t played in a while and it needs a massive update before I can play it. I mean even if the app released notifications in some way to just indicate an update was available it would be better than nothing.

It’s 2021 and I feel like this sort of thing shouldn’t be a problem and be a basic element of functionality.

Soldato
So is there a reason I can remotely install games on series X but have no way of managing game updates remotely?

Seems like a massive oversight to actually have to be on the console to keep games updated (other than auto updates of recently played titles). Getting annoyed with fancying a blast on something I haven’t played in a while and it needs a massive update before I can play it. I mean even if the app released notifications in some way to just indicate an update was available it would be better than nothing.

It’s 2021 and I feel like this sort of thing shouldn’t be a problem and be a basic element of functionality.

All my games update in the background, i think it depends on what setting you've set for power (mine is instant-on).

Soldato
All my games update in the background, i think it depends on what setting you've set for power (mine is instant-on).

I’m using instant on and have automatic updates ticked too.

But it doesn’t update all my games. Came to play Destiny 2 yesterday and it needed a 64GB update. Just this morning went to “manage updates” on my games library and there are 25 titles requiring updates across both internal and external storage. I have enough space too……

Soldato
Yeah think I will, I see way to many people stating they have something broken on them and have had to return them, I know people only state the problems mostly on forums but it does seem like a lot of issues for something that costs £160.
I'm not one to usually post about issues, but I bought one from Amazon last year fully understanding the concerns and had to send it back. Pretty bad stick drift that made using the map accurately in Warzone tricky. I could have widened the dead zones but then it throws off your aim and you shouldn't really be compromising at £150 for a controller.

Like Kreee says, wait for the next version. Hopefully it's not too far away as I did enjoy the additional triggers, controls and the overall feel of quality.

Soldato
whats the current go to method for buying cheap xbox live combined with games pass?

mine runs out in 4 days last time i did it years ago was buying brazil or something?

Man of Honour
I'm not one to usually post about issues, but I bought one from Amazon last year fully understanding the concerns and had to send it back. Pretty bad stick drift that made using the map accurately in Warzone tricky. I could have widened the dead zones but then it throws off your aim and you shouldn't really be compromising at £150 for a controller.

Like Kreee says, wait for the next version. Hopefully it's not too far away as I did enjoy the additional triggers, controls and the overall feel of quality.

I play on my Elite 1, which is significantly better that the 2.

Associate
whats the current go to method for buying cheap xbox live combined with games pass?

mine runs out in 4 days last time i did it years ago was buying brazil or something?
Vpn, buy Brazilian xbox credit, spend it on the Brazil site, then vpn off buy the £1 offer , I did it last year stacked 3 years

Associate
I’m using instant on and have automatic updates ticked too.

But it doesn’t update all my games. Came to play Destiny 2 yesterday and it needed a 64GB update. Just this morning went to “manage updates” on my games library and there are 25 titles requiring updates across both internal and external storage. I have enough space too……

For external drives it's worth checking in the power mode settings page that the 'When Xbox is off, turn off storage' is unticked as otherwise external drives will not be supplied with power through USB. Not sure if it'll help but worth checking...

Associate
Caporegime
OP
What the heck is going on with the BCpack feature to reduce file sizes? Some games on the PS5 are considerably smaller with its Kraken tech and BCpack is supposed to be as good. There’s no way any new-gen game should be 100GB.

Soldato
What the heck is going on with the BCpack feature to reduce file sizes? Some games on the PS5 are considerably smaller with its Kraken tech and BCpack is supposed to be as good. There’s no way any new-gen game should be 100GB.

Isn't BCPack something that developers have to actually choose to implement though? I'm not sure that the console does it automatically, they've got to build the game around it when they code. I could be wrong though. I honestly don't know anything about game development.

Caporegime
OP
Isn't BCPack something that developers have to actually choose to implement though? I'm not sure that the console does it automatically, they've got to build the game around it when they code. I could be wrong though. I honestly don't know anything about game development.

LOL, same here. Just an armchair developer rant. I thought BCpack was just texture compression that you could run any game files through and it squished them up so that the XBox decompresses the textures on the fly and saves a ton of space. Having a quick Google, I've got the feeling it's not finished yet and therefore not in the Game Development Kit. All the info about it seems to be from early 2020.

Back
Top Bottom