• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I thought I would give A Plague tale another go and got 3/4 of the way through over the weekend. Just loaded it up and my save has reverted back to when I started playing it at chapter 2 ? Does not seem like anyway to fix either. Really annoying no way I’m doing it all again now……

Soldato
I thought I would give A Plague tale another go and got 3/4 of the way through over the weekend. Just loaded it up and my save has reverted back to when I started playing it at chapter 2 ? Does not seem like anyway to fix either. Really annoying no way I’m doing it all again now……

That's annoying, Im not sure how game saves exactly work, I think 1 is stored locally on console and another on xbox servers, is there no way to somehow check the save file from within manage game in "games and apps"

Soldato
That's annoying, Im not sure how game saves exactly work, I think 1 is stored locally on console and another on xbox servers, is there no way to somehow check the save file from within manage game in "games and apps"

I tried deleting the game and then re downloading so it does it’s sync thing but still only the old save. I then deleted the save so it synced from the server and again only the old save showing. It seems to not have saved anything I did over the weekend even though it was fine each time I turned off and reloaded over the weekend.

Maybe it’s the heat…lol… I have watched a video on how it finishes so ready for the next one which hopefully won’t do this….

Soldato
I bought Cyberpunk for £9. I can see they have done a lot of work on it, looks like the game they should have initially released.

I enjoyed it overall. The character relationships are great but the gameplay is pretty average and there is a load of filler. If it was a smaller more focused map I think it would have suited it way better.

Associate
Sold my Xbox Series X as I tent to play on the PC more with game pass. Now have my daughter's Series S connected to my 4K TV. Must say I'm very disappointed in the quality jump. Didn't expect it to look bad whilst playing games! This is strictly an 1080p monitor console. :eek:

Soldato
I enjoyed it overall. The character relationships are great but the gameplay is pretty average and there is a load of filler. If it was a smaller more focused map I think it would have suited it way better.
The desert areas were way under used, they should have scrapped most if not all of those areas and focused entirely on the City as thats where the game shined the most.

Soldato
Sold my Xbox Series X as I tent to play on the PC more with game pass. Now have my daughter's Series S connected to my 4K TV. Must say I'm very disappointed in the quality jump. Didn't expect it to look bad whilst playing games! This is strictly an 1080p monitor console. :eek:
The problem is that it mostly gets the base Xbox One version of games.

Associate
I only tired FIFA 22 the Series X/S version. And it's a mess so gave it back. This console is usually in the little ones bedroom and used for Fortnite on a 1080p TV. No wonder there is a vast amount of stock of these. On a 4K TV I am certain the PQ is on par with the older gen unit the One S :confused:

Quick edit after searching Series S bad on 4K TV there are a lot of complaints, you may be right seems to be the Xbox One version of the game even though it states series X/S

Another sly edit. Maybe my expectations were high just after using the Series X. This console is aimed at 1080p. I just hoped it would look half decent on a 4K TV

Last edited:
Soldato
I only tired FIFA 22 the Series X/S version. And it's a mess so gave it back. This console is usually in the little ones bedroom and used for Fortnite on a 1080p TV. No wonder there is a vast amount of stock of these. On a 4K TV I am certain the PQ is on par with the older gen unit the One S :confused:

Quick edit after searching Series S bad on 4K TV there are a lot of complaints, you may be right seems to be the Xbox One version of the game even though it states series X/S

Another sly edit. Maybe my expectations were high just after using the Series X. This console is aimed at 1080p. I just hoped it would look half decent on a 4K TV

We bought an S and found the same. Most of the games we tried which were a mix of regular and series S/X looked way better on the original. Granted the S has other benefits, but for outright graphics quality we weren't at all impressed.

Associate
Looks like fifa22 has an upscaling issue on the S, as the game is considerably sharper on a 1080 screen vs a 1440+ screen.

It looks a complete mess on a 4K TV. I'll try and grab a picture when I fire up FIFA again.

We bought an S and found the same. Most of the games we tried which were a mix of regular and series S/X looked way better on the original. Granted the S has other benefits, but for outright graphics quality we weren't at all impressed.

Yep disappointed, everything else is on par with the Series X, download speeds, general UI feel. I've got Forza so may give that a try later, or invest in a 1080p screen just to play a bit of FIFA :D kind of defeats the point though a next gen game at 1080p!

Soldato
Well the S in general is basically a budget version of the X the main difference been the console will run most games at lower resolution. It maintains the fast cpu, fast storage, so in my opinion those things trump something like a one X, but if low resolution is unacceptable then Series X is the way to go.

I dont game on big screens, and honestly I very rarely use my tv now for anything.

Soldato
Has anyone had any issues with sound recently? Or perhaps in general? Noticed yesterday everything can be fine but when switching games the sound can be completely absent. When it goes it’s completely silent on all games but the main dashboard on Xbox still has sound. Full restart seems to be the only fix until it goes off randomly. Switching to headset gets the sound working again.

Wondering if there has been a recent update pushed that’s causing issues?

Caporegime
I'm considering getting an Xbox Series X as I've got about £400 in credit with CEX.
I've only really got one question though

When playing an old title like Asura's Wrath that's been bought digitally on the store, does the Xbox X render it at 4K like PC emulation would?
Just trying Asura's Wrath on my Xbox One on my 55" OLED is utter garbage, I'd need to be 10 drinks in before it's viable.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I'm considering getting an Xbox Series X as I've got about £400 in credit with CEX.
I've only really got one question though

When playing an old title like Asura's Wrath that's been bought digitally on the store, does the Xbox X render it at 4K like PC emulation would?
Just trying Asura's Wrath on my Xbox One on my 55" OLED is utter garbage, I'd need to be 10 drinks in before it's viable.

I don't think it will unless it's actually been enhanced directly by the backwards compatibility team

Back
Top Bottom