• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Kinda alarming that the last few pages about this console is people getting bored of it. I really want one and will be getting it in October. Are people just running out of games to play or is there another reason like the console not being very good. My brother has a Xbox one and he's on it everyday for 4+ hours and loves it. My other brother has an Xbox series x but uses it as a movie streaming device but plays very little games as he does a lot of hours and is tired to play games.
I have quite a list of games that I want to play and I don't have a huge amount of time so it would take me ages to get through them and by that time there would be even more games for me to play.

Soldato
Kinda alarming that the last few pages about this console is people getting bored of it. I really want one and will be getting it in October. Are people just running out of games to play or is there another reason like the console not being very good. My brother has a Xbox one and he's on it everyday for 4+ hours and loves it. My other brother has an Xbox series x but uses it as a movie streaming device but plays very little games as he does a lot of hours and is tired to play games.
I have quite a list of games that I want to play and I don't have a huge amount of time so it would take me ages to get through them and by that time there would be even more games for me to play.

I just don't use mine much in the summer because I don't like gaming in the heat, it'll get used most days when it cools down. I'm 41 and love my X but with two young kids it takes me a while to get through games. I was playing AC Origins before the heatwave kicked in, hoping to get back into it this week but my dumb ass is likely going to have to remember the controls all over again

Caporegime
OP
Offfphhh... I just saw the list of what's leaving gamepass this month and it's some heavy hitters and ones that I'm not done with. Kinda annoying, really.

Yeah, I never got round to doing 12 Minutes, Myst or Hades

• Elite Dangerous (leaving August 31st, 2022)
  • Hades (leaving August 31st, 2022)
  • Myst (leaving August 31st, 2022)
  • NBA 2K22 (leaving August 31st, 2022)
  • Signs of the Sojourner (leaving August 31st, 2022)
  • Spiritfarer (leaving August 31st, 2022)
  • Twelve Minutes (leaving August 31st, 2022)
  • Two Point Hospital (leaving August 31st, 2022)
  • What Remains of Edith Finch (leaving August 31st, 2022)
  • World War Z (leaving August 31st, 2022)

Soldato
Kinda alarming that the last few pages about this console is people getting bored of it.

I'm not bored of mine but I am bored of gaming in general at the moment. Which may be down to the annual games drought. The XsX with Game Pass is probably a better bet than the PS5 IMO as I've played some excellent games on it. I'm currently playing through Midnight Fight Express and it's excellent.

Soldato
When i bought my Xbox Series X & PS5 it wasn't because i wanted to play games on them right now , it's because i knew i be keeping them for 6 years or whatever there life cycles will be ;)
And of cause i know there going be many times over there life cycles where i be bored of them and they be just collecting dust but i know i also be going back to them

Caporegime
OP
With Sony putting the PS5 up, decided I'd grab an Xbox Series X in case Microsoft do the same. Back in the console club once again in time for Plague Tale. First time I'll have even seen one of these in person so still not sure what to expect.

Soldato
With Sony putting the PS5 up, decided I'd grab an Xbox Series X in case Microsoft do the same. Back in the console club once again in time for Plague Tale. First time I'll have even seen one of these in person so still not sure what to expect.
Microsoft and Nintendo have already confirmed no price increase.

Associate
I don't think boredom is exclusive to any particular console at the moment. Hell, we're got the 3 current consoles (Series X, PS5 and Switch) and I play on PC and am struggling to find anything worthwhile to play at the moment. Has been the longest dry spell for good games in a long long time.

Man of Honour
I don't think boredom is exclusive to any particular console at the moment. Hell, we're got the 3 current consoles (Series X, PS5 and Switch) and I play on PC and am struggling to find anything worthwhile to play at the moment. Has been the longest dry spell for good games in a long long time.

I feel the same at the moment, can’t find anything decent to play on any platform. I’m even bored of Subnautica Beyond Zero that had me hooked initially. Plenty of interesting games coming down the line and this generation of consoles should go out with a bang.

God of War and Starfield are my most hyped games currently.

Associate
It's the opposite for me Arcade Paradise, Thymesia and Cult of the Lamb have been great this month. The beta for Steelrising beta was great and releases soon. On top of that I have just discovered nobody saves the world which I somehow missed when it released and think its incredible.

Soldato
Kind of changing my tune a little on gamepass, I can go for long spells (especially summer) not playing any games. I paid for 3 years like many other people, but realising now many games only stay on there a year, I had loads of FF games downloaded including FF12 which now cannot be played as they got pulled from the service.

So I checked to buy it, and on the store its £45 with no gamepass discount, whilst its £16 for the disc version online. (£35 on steam, so not even equal price on online platforms)

Hoping it gets put back on to gamepass but apparently most that get removed dont come back. :(

The disc vs online pricing problem needs solving and I would like to see games stay on gamepass a lot longer with every game not on there discounted by at least 33% to gamepass subscribers.

Caporegime
Kind of changing my tune a little on gamepass, I can go for long spells (especially summer) not playing any games. I paid for 3 years like many other people, but realising now many games only stay on there a year, I had loads of FF games downloaded including FF12 which now cannot be played as they got pulled from the service.

So I checked to buy it, and on the store its £45 with no gamepass discount, whilst its £16 for the disc version online. (£35 on steam, so not even equal price on online platforms)

Hoping it gets put back on to gamepass but apparently most that get removed dont come back. :(

The disc vs online pricing problem needs solving and I would like to see games stay on gamepass a lot longer with every game not on there discounted by at least 33% to gamepass subscribers.
So not asking for a lot for your £1 for 3 years subscription then :D

I paid for 2 years and to be honest I'm bored of it now. Like most I don't use it much in the summer, but even before that it was getting a bit stale for my tastes. I doubt I will renew it, even with the low price.

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom