Votes: 533 59.6%
  • Series S

Votes: 105 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 232 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 24 2.7%

• Total voters
Over the last few days, I swapped my PS5 for the Xbox Series X.

Whilst I do love some of the Sony exclusives, all the main ones come to PC within a few years and with a backlog I will never ever get through, I'm in no rush to play them day one.

One of the main reasons I got a Series X is the ability to play certain games on my PC and then later in the evening, I can load up the same game on my Xbox and carry on where I left off. And to add on top of that, most Xbox games these days are buy on Xbox or PC, and you can play it on the other; no need to buy it twice!

Game Pass is of course another reason, £15 to be able to play all those games on my PC and Xbox is too good a value. I never felt PS Plus was worth the price as most of the games on there were not my cup of tea and no 1st party exclusives (outside a select few) were included, just free trials.

Quick Resume... game changer. I used to be able to play the same game solidly for days/weeks on end but nowadays I tend to swap around every few hours and quick resume means I can jump straigt back in where I left off within a few minutes. As a father of 2, being able to jumo straight back in for a little while is a great feature to have.

So far I'm very impressed and glad i jumped back over to Xbox.

Agree Xbox is good.

I've not played with the ps5 much, so can't really say for sure, but I think most of it is down to Xbox marketing not being great, and every 5 minutes you hear how great the ps5 is doing and how badly Xbox has sold and i think hearing that all the time makes people just follow the sheep rather than finding out for themselves the good and bad points of either console

Quick resume is an excellent feature. As is the smart delivery system. On PS5 if you buy a cross-gen game on disc but get the PS4 version then it will try to install the PS4 version AND the PS5 version, at least on Xbox X/S it will always just install the correct version.

Anyone played Hunt: Showdown? They've released a new update for next gen and retitled the game Hunt: Showdown 1896. There's a free trial this weekend, downloading now. Was wondering what other people thought.

Quick resume is an excellent feature. As is the smart delivery system. On PS5 if you buy a cross-gen game on disc but get the PS4 version then it will try to install the PS4 version AND the PS5 version, at least on Xbox X/S it will always just install the correct version.
It’s not always a plus. In some fringe cases there are some games where the previous gen version runs better, so you have the option to run that version. On Xbox you’re stuck using the current gen version.

It's a great game but takes a lot of time to get good at it. It has a steep learning curve.
I played through the tutorial yesterday and enjoyed it. I'm tempted to get it, sent a few YouTube videos to friends to coax them on for some coop.

The base game is only £20 at the minute on sale, from what I gather the other editions are just hunters and guns.

I played through the tutorial yesterday and enjoyed it. I'm tempted to get it, sent a few YouTube videos to friends to coax them on for some coop.

The base game is only £20 at the minute on sale, from what I gather the other editions are just hunters and guns.

You need to have a friend or 2 to play it with as you absolutely need to be able to communicate with team mates. The tutorial doesn't really set you up for playing against other people as it's a completely different game.

Back
Top Bottom