• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Wow, if you have not checked out the free Hellblade Series X upgrade I suggest you do. It has 3 graphics settings in the options, only on Xbox at this point in time because I think they own the studio now. Looks absolutely stunning.

120fps setting, res unknown.
4k/60 setting
4k/30 with raytracing setting.

Soldato
I've been meaning to fire up and finish off Hellblade before the new one is released. Saw the Series X update on the Xbox YouTube channel and it did look good.

Soldato
I think the game is all about mental health? No idea, but it looks stunning lol

It's certainly a weird one. No pickups, collectables, quests etc. I'm just wondering from area to area doing a few similar puzzles and fighting the same easy enemies. It's a bit naff tbh but you're right it's blinking stunning. Tried the enriched 4k30 with RT but can stand how that runs, doesn't even feel anywhere near 30fps. Absolutely can't stand any game at 30fps any more, 4k60 mode is loverly though.

Soldato
It looks good especially with Ray Tracing it’s a bit of a weird game though. I managed about an hour then switched off.

I got to some burned down camp about 1hr in as well and gave up, I think I was getting annoyed by the enemies surrounding me at one stage and it was incredibly difficult to fight them due to the poor camera angle, and I just gave up.

Associate
It's certainly a weird one. No pickups, collectables, quests etc. I'm just wondering from area to area doing a few similar puzzles and fighting the same easy enemies. It's a bit naff tbh but you're right it's blinking stunning. Tried the enriched 4k30 with RT but can stand how that runs, doesn't even feel anywhere near 30fps. Absolutely can't stand any game at 30fps any more, 4k60 mode is loverly though.

Technically there are collectibles - its the signs on the wheel if I recall.

Soldato
Technically there are collectibles - its the signs on the wheel if I recall.

Yup been interacting with those, I should have explained collectable objects like potions and what not.

I'm not sure what to make of it after about 3 hours. It's very samey, only difference being each time you get to a new area the complexity of the puzzle seems to increase but it's pretty much always the same. Can't knock it to much though, free on gamepass and looks amazing

Caporegime
OP
Well. What an utter load of tosh Hades is. I can’t see anything about this game that has caused all the praise it has received. In my eyes, Children of Morta is ten times better. Thanks Game Pass indeed as it’s saved me from buying two flops now (The Ascent and Hades).

Now I’ve got that off my chest - has anyone here bought any films from Xbox? I’m really tempted to buy the six Lord of the Rings films in UHD but I don’t know what the quality would be like. The single review says only the first film is 4K, the others are SD which surely can’t be right.

Last edited:
Associate
Well. What an utter load of tosh Hades is. I can’t see anything about this game that has caused all the praise it has received. In my eyes, Children of Morta is ten times better. Thanks Game Pass indeed as it’s saved me from buying two flops now (The Ascent and Hades).

Now I’ve got that off my chest - has anyone here bought any films from Xbox? I’m really tempted to buy the six Lord of the Rings films in UHD but I don’t know what the quality would be like. The single review says only the first film is 4K, the others are SD which surely can’t be right.
I would be keen to know this too. I have pulled back from the brink of purchasing these so many times based on the reviews. I have the first trilogy on DVD but the quality just isn't there.

Caporegime
OP
I would be keen to know this too. I have pulled back from the brink of purchasing these so many times based on the reviews. I have the first trilogy on DVD but the quality just isn't there.

I think I might just go for it using my MS Rewards points but not sure whether to hang fire a wee bit longer in case there is a sale and I can get them even cheaper.

Soldato
Looks like i finally managed to snag a a series X this morning,a package so contains the console,two controllers,charging thing for the controller and a shirt and cap.
Anyone ordered theirs from Game? is it usual that even though order is confirmed and paypal says its paid them,its still showing as "Unshipped" and has been all day?

Caporegime
Looks like i finally managed to snag a a series X this morning,a package so contains the console,two controllers,charging thing for the controller and a shirt and cap.
Anyone ordered theirs from Game? is it usual that even though order is confirmed and paypal says its paid them,its still showing as "Unshipped" and has been all day?

you won’t get it for about 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom