You bought what!!!

I think you must have, that would be about right for something like a 1.8L Mondeo, but 22.2mph/1000RPM sounds very high geared for a shopping car with a tiny engine.
Agreed, my Nissan is ~3300RPM at 80 and that is supposed to be a tourer. 3600RPM from a lawn mower at 80 would actually be pretty good!

I give up

I got your email last night re the car. Already paid the deposit so it's on. also already considered the cars you sent and they would end up costing me more with greater risk of breakdown. I will be putting 120000 miles on a car in 4 years. If I bought a 3k car I would have to buy another in 2 years = 6 k so might as well buy one with a 3 year warranty and less risk of break down. I will have to just spend a bit extra on weekly massages to sort my back out

Just send him all the fail pics you can, no point in trying to argue with someone who is set in their ways and completely lacking and knowledge, experience, or knowledge.

From what i understand the engine is effectively out of harmonic balance because you have no weight to act against the 3rd cylinder movement, however i think you can sort much of these issues with a balance shaft.

Sounds about right...

Wikipedia said:
Most inline-three engines employ a crank angle of 120°, and are thus rotationally balanced; however, since the three cylinders are offset from each other, the firing of the end cylinders induces a rocking motion from end to end, since there is no opposing cylinder moving in the opposite direction as in a rotationally balanced straight-six engine. The use of a balance shaft in an antiphase to that vibration produces a smoothly running engine.

I give up

I'm not normally a nasty, vindictive person.

But I hope he ends up taking his 'reliable' £6k tin shed back to the garage time and time again. Is he getting any options? Looks like the options make it a £7.5k tin shed.

There is no way at all to fully guarantee the purchase of a reliable car.

Back
Top Bottom